Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do y’all convince your partners?
Several thousands in repairs to keep my 15 year old car running and all of a sudden the spouse says "what if we got you something newer and more reliable..."

I don't need a super awesome off-road vehicle, I just need enough for Forrest service "roads" and a stick-shift.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purchase of something... Ineos Grenadier is looking better and better

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, I'm trying decide if I'll buy or lease my Bronco, leaning towards a lease as it will be the first generation and I may not want to be tied to a vehicle if there are early issues. Wondering what others are thinking. My latest car and the one I just sold I bought but prior to those I was leasing every 3 years. Where are you all leaning on this one? Thanks for reading.
Dumb-And-Dumber-Sequel-Jeff-Daniels-665x385.jpg
FYI, you are more tied with a lease than a purchase. Just because you get a loan doesn't preclude you from selling at any time. Unlike most vehicles, you won't be upside-down for a little while at the beginning. Even for a normal vehicle, by the time you decided there were too many problems, you likely wouldn't have been upside-down. Leases are for people who like to change vehicles frequently and spend more money on their vehicles overall. If you don't see yourself holding onto the Bronco very long, plan to lease (again). I always purchase because I like having years of vehicle ownership with no payments. :)

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
FYI, you are more tied with a lease than a purchase. Just because you get a loan doesn't preclude you from selling at any time. Unlike most vehicles, you won't be upside-down for a little while at the beginning. Even for a normal vehicle, by the time you decided there were too many problems, you likely wouldn't have been upside-down. Leases are for people who like to change vehicles frequently and spend more money on their vehicles overall. If you don't see yourself holding onto the Bronco very long, plan to lease (again). I always purchase because I like having years of vehicle ownership with no payments. :)
The one car that we bought outright (1980 Porsche 911SC) we stupidly sold after 5 years. We had three teens and we couldn't justify keeping it, and It has since tripled in value. Live and learn.

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m going to lease for many of the same reasons. If I like the bronco then I’ll turn this one in and upgrade to a better one in 3-4 years. Hoping by then they will have different color and interior options, etc. Ford needs to do the white interior

621E3BB6-2F26-4C3D-A025-F231C285509F.jpeg

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t even recall having this conversation with my dealer. I didn’t tell them I was going to buy it straight in cash, but I never told him I was going to lease it either. However I did get my confirmation bill date and VIN number. So not sure what my options will be if the car ever gets here this year.

typically when I buy a new car - I tell the dealer I’m going to finance it so I can help talked down the out the door price. And then I pay off the loan in two weeks.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you planning on wheeling it? trail rash on a lease is expensive. Trail rash on the one you own is only your problem, or the next owners.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going to lease for many of the same reasons. If I like the bronco then I’ll turn this one in and upgrade to a better one in 3-4 years. Hoping by then they will have different color and interior options, etc. Ford needs to do the white interior

621E3BB6-2F26-4C3D-A025-F231C285509F.jpeg
Is that a Sport?

Ford Bronco Poll: Lease vs Purchase Your Bronco? 621E3BB6-2F26-4C3D-A025-F231C285509F
yeah, I like the white accent option with the Defender (except the steering wheel). Also like the interior options on the Sport better as well. I do think the Bronco design team dropped the ball a bit on the interior options., would have been better if they offered 4 options all around rather than the fragmented choices currently on offer with the different builds. Logically makes no sense IMO.

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is that a Sport?

yeah, I like the white accent option with the Defender (except the steering wheel). Also like the interior options on the Sport better as well. I do think the Bronco design team dropped the ball a bit on the interior options., would have been better if they offered 4 options all around rather than the fragmented choices currently on offer with the different builds. Logically makes no sense IMO.
That pic is the regular size bronco. But after this lease is up, I will upgrade and hoping for that white interior!!! Their interior options are definitely somewhat disappointing but I can see them not wanting to bite more they can chew with the initial launch of a new vehicle

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, can you possibly upload a more legible version please? Id like to read the details and this one is blurry if I try and enlarge. Thanks.
If you go to the build and price you can access this if you scroll down to "Shopping Tools" - "Pricing and Incentives" and you will find it. No incentives offered on the Bronco obviously and the lease estimates are for the base price of each model, not including taxes etc.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we always buy cash, we're not rich, but not fans of more monthly payments and making banks more money. If I find I don't like it, I'll sell it, if it has year one problems, I'll trade it in for a newer one or something else. A lease to me only makes sense if you can somehow write it off as business cost. I also don't really like buying new cars and dealing with dealers and all that jazz, last time I did that is 19 years ago by the time I get my Bronco. The idea of doing all this every 3 or so years just to have a newer shiny thing is just not appealing to me.

Now if there is an option for 0% or so financing we might keep our money working in investments and go for the monthly, but I don't see that happening. This will be by far the most expensive vehicle I ever bought, hopefully it'll keep it's promises :-D

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
we always buy cash, we're not rich, but not fans of more monthly payments and making banks more money. If I find I don't like it, I'll sell it, if it has year one problems, I'll trade it in for a newer one or something else. A lease to me only makes sense if you can somehow write it off as business cost. I also don't really like buying new cars and dealing with dealers and all that jazz, last time I did that is 19 years ago by the time I get my Bronco. The idea of doing all this every 3 or so years just to have a newer shiny thing is just not appealing to me.

Now if there is an option for 0% or so financing we might keep our money working in investments and go for the monthly, but I don't see that happening. This will be by far the most expensive vehicle I ever bought, hopefully it'll keep it's promises :-D
Ha ha I'm just across from you at the base of the other Bay Area mountain (Mt. Tam). What dealer are you buying from? You will probably find a good rate at your local credit union. I got 0.9% for 24 months through BMW with the car I just bought, and my last used car was through Community First Credit Union at 2.9%, which is good for used. We can write off a lease payment but as a sole prop. it still comes directly out of our business account, still stings.

I don't keep cars until they start having expensive issues, but yeah I agree, they are basically depreciating assets so not the best place to put your money. Like I said on my other post, the one car I had that tripled in value I stupidly sold for the same price I paid for it 5 years later. Yeah I'm a dumbass. :devilish:

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t even recall having this conversation with my dealer. I didn’t tell them I was going to buy it straight in cash, but I never told him I was going to lease it either. However I did get my confirmation bill date and VIN number. So not sure what my options will be if the car ever gets here this year.

typically when I buy a new car - I tell the dealer I’m going to finance it so I can help talked down the out the door price. And then I pay off the loan in two weeks.
Yep true, never tell them if you’re paying cash for sure until the deal has been made. Sadly there won’t be any wheeling and dealing for us this time, where is the fun in that?
Sponsored