Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This doesn't seem terribly unfair to me. Product X is available for whoever is interested. Most of use want product Z. A rando buying X off a lot won't affect the timing of my Z being delivered that is still waiting on parts.

I assume you are a barbarian who uses the white background since no one who is a cultured and sophisticated member of society with dark mode enabled can read purple and black font.
Right? I had to do this.

New Bitmap Image (6).jpg

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder what a 4 dr badlands, 2.7, squatch, with a soft top reservation on 7/23 will look like in terms of delivery…

please o please 2021

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't sound like this decision delays any of the orders that have been made. Ford is building the vehicles that they have parts for. If you are willing to settle, get your Bronco now with the available options. Most manufacturers are experiencing similar difficulties right now.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4dr Wildtrak + LUX + Tow + Leather = Fucked
Hang in there. The WT model is a premium vehicle. Every other model, FE excluded, is being pushed to get a soft top. That leaves more MICs for WT. I am sure Ford wants WTs driving around especially with their distinctive graphics. If you do get one in 2021 it will be a very sought after model well into 2022.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is exactly what Ford is saying and what Ford is going to do! Those of us that had Day 1 or Day 2 reservations that have patiently been waiting for our Broncos, and I use the word patiently while biting my tongue, will now, unless we want to receive a soft top will now watch dealers receive Broncos with soft tops to sell to any Johnny Come Lately walking in off the street with no reservation!
Yeah, but johnny will pay a pretty premium for his, I wont have to.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Prepare for a summer of envy: Your neighbors may be showing off their Broncos long before you get yours. Ford is not able to produce orders solely for customers in ’21. Some stock with soft tops will be sent to dealers, making it easy for the general public to pick up a Bronco.
Love waiting a year for my exclusive Bronco for Johnny Casual to just pick one up on a whim.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say those Dealer Broncos are going to come with a BIG markupđź’°đź’°đź’°

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I truly think this is all a margin play by Ford. Now they get the best of both worlds. They have people locked in with orders or non refundable deposits to keep their cars moving and can now produce cars for dealers that will go at higher margins. I think they know they are losing money on Broncos because many of us locked in at prices before materials made car prices jump 20%. To save face they use the hardtop issue to delay many of our orders and then start producing inventory for dealers. They get high margin, still have backlog to produce should dealer sales stall and can blame it all on hard tops. I think they turned a crisis into an opportunity all at the cost of their most loyal enthusiasts, and I don’t think they care.
[/QUOT
I truly think this is all a margin play by Ford. Now they get the best of both worlds. They have people locked in with orders or non refundable deposits to keep their cars moving and can now produce cars for dealers that will go at higher margins. I think they know they are losing money on Broncos because many of us locked in at prices before materials made car prices jump 20%. To save face they use the hardtop issue to delay many of our orders and then start producing inventory for dealers. They get high margin, still have backlog to produce should dealer sales stall and can blame it all on hard tops. I think they turned a crisis into an opportunity all at the cost of their most loyal enthusiasts, and I don’t think they care.
I believe for most the “Non Refundable” part of the deposit goes out the window once the Bronco turns to 22.... I’m assuming the extended price protection is to keep people from walking away once they tire of the delays.

Sponsored

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft tops won't sell well in the WA and OR market...
I'm holding out hope things get sorted out over the next 6 months.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This doesn't seem terribly unfair to me. Product X is available for whoever is interested. Most of use want product Z. A rando buying X off a lot won't affect the timing of my Z being delivered that is still waiting on parts.
As far as I know, Ford did not commit to building ONLY big bend 2.3L non-SAS soft top for dealer stock. Dealers will certainly demand a share of high option stuff in their soft top stock builds.

So I don't think it is possible to say that reservation orders will not be impacted. For example, early res may continue to be impacted if they decide to reserve certain commodities for dealer stock builds instead. Ford has so many orders to choose from that they can decide to make whatever mix is most beneficial to Ford and dealerships.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
4 doors are a higher profit margin than 2 doors. That is literally ALL you need to know.
Legit. Cost increase to downgrade to a soft top is around $7-8K

My Base 2-Door, MT is right at $30k
Cheapest 4-Door MT is right at 37.4k

Stupid Tacomas are looking better and better. Maybe I'll go test drive one.
Sponsored