Sponsored

Talk about Bronco price gouging 😱 [Update: vehicle is demo unit not for sale yet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe you are a much better traveler than I am, but the current options quite a bit higher. Hell, rental car prices alone would eat up nearly half of your $5k budget. But good on ya.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The market will decide if it's worth the $20k adm, if it doesn't sell they'll drop it. If it does sell be glad if you bought from an under invoice or MSRP dealer as you got a hot ticket item.

I've sold $600 PS3s for $2500 and a $4k rifle for $9k so I ain't mad at folks trying to make money off the impatient.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Our dealer can’t do this if we ordered through ford right?
You ordered through the dealer, Ford does not sell direct to the customer.

Car buying 101, you never order a car unless and until you have negotiated a price and you have it in a written, signed by the general manager, contract.

Last edited:

HEMI_Shaker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challanger 392 Shaker (Sublime gree
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So damn glad I moved my reservation from Bob Davidson Ford to Leonard Town Ford!!!!

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well shit, with that logic, nobody really needs a Wildtrack or Lux model Bronco at all. Those models are about $20k more than the Base, which is a great, capable, option.
don't understand what the big deal is on the markup , don't like the price move on , somebody will come from behind and take it home. capitalist America at work and it works for all . free market , buy what you want pay what you want , price it at what you want to sell it. win win for all

Sponsored

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
What do you expect from a Ford dealership 30 min outside Baltimore, a city that has a mean household annual income of $51,000. This makes perfect sense. Way to know your market, Bob!

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/baltimore-city-md
Maryland actually has the highest medium income ( $ 86,738) of any other state : https://www.census.gov/library/visualizations/interactive/2019-median-household-income.html

And unfortunately there will likely be at least one well paid lobbyist or attorney living in Bethesda or Chevy Chase willing to pay the mark-up just to be the first on his block with a Bronco.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does it matter ?
If you can’t figure out how to vacation in cool ass places without spending 20k your doing it wrong....

I’ve been all over the world and haven’t and won’t spend 20k to
Do it...
Does it matter ?
If you can’t figure out how to vacation in cool ass places without spending 20k your doing it wrong....

I’ve been all over the world and haven’t and won’t spend 20k to
Do it...
good for you...spend your own money how you want to, and think everybody who spends more than you is an idiot. I promise, they don't care what you think. :)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe you are a much better traveler than I am, but the current options quite a bit higher. Hell, rental car prices alone would eat up nearly half of your $5k budget. But good on ya.
I find deals and spend time figuring it all out. We stayed in a VRBO in Maui that was beautiful and way cheaper. In Kauai we had a great hotel and got a great deal. Just gotta look around.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Went by Bod Davison Ford today to look at the blue Wildtrak 2 door and saw this 😱
BC154AA7-67AD-4FB0-999F-08C375EE353B.jpeg
Well. It will sell. At least they are honest about dealer markup…..

And I wouldn’t call it “gouging”. No one is forced to pay that… it’s understanding the market… and surviving. Dealerships are down to 10% of regular inventory. Folks need to keep their jobs. This is the most anticipated vehicle Ford has produced since ???. It will sell.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is always the possibility of negotiating the price on the window, right? Or is that a locked in number that can’t move? I was under the impression that it was just a starting point, so why get so worked up over it... I still think it’s a customers order that is letting the dealership sell for them. Kinda like all the folks selling 10 year old junk for new car prices right now. Ok, I know I’m probably wrong on every count, so y’all continue bitching.

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got married in Hawaii and was in Maui for a week and than Kauai for a week. I literally did whatever I wanted the entire time and I still didn’t spend within 5K of that figure. That includes the money I spent for my wedding lol.
Nicely done. We got married in Vegas in 2015, spent $2500 total for a week stay, including travel. I like to think of myself as a thrift expert.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reckon how much the general contractor made off of your house... just for making a few calls to get workers and stuff out there?
Dude if you think that’s all a Contractor does, build your own damn house and see how easy it is. I learned a long time ago, don’t criticize what someone else does unless you’ve been there, done that. Now there are plenty of scheisters in contracting, but it isn’t the norm.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sad thing is the person that buys this will have more money than sense. They don't really want a Bronco. They just want the new hotness. A conversation started. A status symbol. And more than likely after the newness wears off they will trade it in probably a few months down the line. Another Bronco that could have been in the hands of someone who really wanted it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nicely done. We got married in Vegas in 2015, spent $2500 total for a week stay, including travel. I like to think of myself as a thrift expert.
Nice!! Same! My wife always shakes her head on how I get deals
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.