SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has already lost $15k on my order cause its giving me time to think about what I actually want/need. Yes i know they haven't lost money yet since I was likely a 22 anyway cause of reservation date.

Went from 2 Door Badlands, 2.7, High, Sas, Tow, Aux switches.
Now at a 2 Door Base, 2.7, Sas, Bumper, Aux Switches

If i get pushed to 23 I am very likely to go to an Imported 70 series land cruiser and a different daily and drop the bronco all together.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get to the dealer as soon as it comes off the truck. You have a specific time to report damage/issues. I would light ford up about a shitty top. I guess the free sound deadening is to hide quality issues.
Good call. I may have to reconsider my acquisition plan and pick it up at the dealer versus having it delivered.

You may be right again on the headline masking imperfections, let’s hope things improve quickly.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has already lost $15k on my order cause its giving me time to think about what I actually want/need. Yes i know they haven't lost money yet since I was likely a 22 anyway cause of reservation date.

If i get pushed to 23 I am very likely to go to an Imported 70 series land cruiser and a different daily and drop the bronco all together.
70’s LC has been lurking in my mind also.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good call. I may have to reconsider my acquisition plan and pick it up at the dealer versus having it delivered.

You may be right again on the headline masking imperfections, let’s hope things improve quickly.
Maybe thats whats taking mine so long. I opted not to take the free sound deadening headliner and now theyre like oh shit....what do we do with this...we didnt anticipate this.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is going back to what Ford workers were saying on Facebook a few weeks ago. According to them unless you already had a VIN with a MIC top you were not going to get one until 2022. They said Ford has accounted for all the MIC tops already and were not going to be handing any more out. FE Broncos and those with VINs in hand accounted for all the MIC tops the factory was going to put out. They rest would be soft tops. Now there were a few that said the factory could put out some extra from now until 2022 and that those would be given in small groups of VINs. Wildtraks were not talked about as being included in with the FEs.

It really makes sense as Ford seems to be really waiting until the last minute to hand out the last of the August VINs. I think they will be mostly if not all soft tops.
They already said that they will not build soft tops until September to allow for the install of the hard top prep. They will still be building MIC tops. This leads to the conclusion that August will be a shit ton of 2 doors Westbago has 2 weeks to catch up this month. Hope mine is one of them...

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So not only should we give up our trim, but we should also get a wrinkle top? Seems fair....
Or wait until Ford can deliver your top, just like everyone else in reservation order. Why should they get a wrinkle top? Seems fair to me.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a handful of tops a day... with questionable quality..

from fellow forum member's video

Peter
Yep glad I switched to the soft top , my build will be after September, I will get the hard top hook ups and order a modular top down the road if I hear good things , the mic tops are shit! I’d be pissed with that poor quality , had soft tops on Jeep’s and there just fine even in Minnesota winters I might never get a hard top

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wellllll IF that dealer is right then all 2drs not FE or WT will be 2022 ... my guess. but at this point who knows... we just in a waiting game... Retired military here so I'm used to waiting just to be screwed 😂
I’ll add some civility to this cluster fuck of a thread.

Thank you for your service!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is going to happen more often.
I was firm, absolute in my build after the initial waffling back and forth and playing with the build tool to configure 40,852 different scenarios.

Now I find myself taking a hard, logical look at all of that and weighing how much I actually want or need whatever option/trim/package in actuality.
4dr BL 2.7, high here and oddly enough a 2 Dr, BD squatch is tempting me, as is going all the way down the chain to a basesquatch.
If I did that My order effectively drops by $20K (roughly), and that’s a chunk of $$.
And I’m just one. If only 100 people chose the same path that’s 2 mil of potential sales down the tubes.
20k can buy a metric fukton of aftermarket wonderfulness.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is going to happen more often.
I was firm, absolute in my build after the initial waffling back and forth and playing with the build tool to configure 40,852 different scenarios.

Now I find myself taking a hard, logical look at all of that and weighing how much I actually want or need whatever option/trim/package in actuality.
4dr BL 2.7, high here and oddly enough a 2 Dr, BD squatch is tempting me, as is going all the way down the chain to a basesquatch.
If I did that My order effectively drops by $20K (roughly), and that’s a chunk of $$.
And I’m just one. If only 100 people chose the same path that’s 2 mil of potential sales down the tubes.
20k can buy a metric fukton of aftermarket wonderfulness.
I dropped down cause all i wanted was the trail cam and sway bar disconnect.

The trail cam would be fairly cheap to do aftermarket with its own screen/tied into a screen mirror I would do for rear vis.

They will have manual sway bar disconnects soon as well most likely.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.