Sponsored

Ford is apparently dropping the ball big time regarding aftermarket accessory makers.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Long term, you bet. Immediately, Ford can't fill customer orders. Why would they worry about mules for the aftermarket?
why would they care about aftermarket when they can do some of it themselves.. some...why would a company who make a platform to make more products for not participate? Business 101.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree wholeheartedly that Ford needs to meet aftermarket demand. Which is why, as @Evolkidbell stated, Ford handed the car over to SEMA - allowing SEMA members access to measure as well as provided CAD models to SEMA members.

KC highlights and GooseGear (SEMA members) have more than enough to produce their accessories, they probably don't have a vehicle yet because there's only so many vehicles to go around.
I talked to both companies recently and there has been complete radio silence from ford. I dont know where you are getting this idea that they have enough info when they are completely in the dark

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why would they care about aftermarket when they can do some of it themselves.. some...why would a company who make a platform to make more products for not participate? Business 101.
windows dominates mac OS for a very specific reason i will let you take a guess

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“somebody in the know”, again.
Jeez, we’re better than this I hope.
……reminds me of “many people say”….and we know how reputable that has-been is.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
you don't seem to understand that sending out 10 broncos that ford has laying around somewhere , or simply inviting these companies to get measurements at an off rodeo really doesn't put a dent in fords ability to deliver vehicles
you don't seem to understand one is not related to the other...you are all over the map with complaining and you just want your Bronco...dude, you can make 10000 threads as to why you are upset...not one of them will get you your Bronco quicker..do you see this or no?

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“somebody in the know”, again.
Jeez, we’re better than this I hope.
……reminds me of “many people say”….and we know how reputable that has-been is.
im not going to name the person and have them lose their job dude

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting on KC Hilites for sure...

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that's because in the future ford wants "aftermarket" to go through them. Example there plan with the 100 bronco stores, there Ford accessories Catlog, Bronco Offredo, etc.... they want to be the one stop shop for your Bronco.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I talked to both companies recently and there has been complete radio silence from ford. I dont know where you are getting this idea that they have enough info when they are completely in the dark
Maybe the guys you talk to are insignificant to their business model...ever think of that?

Maybe, Ford don't give a shit if they want to make parts to make a living off of their product...Maybe. Maybe, they want to make the products with their business partners, Just maybe....they don't give away the store because spoiled brats complain about whatever.
Maybe, that is how they have 100 year old company and you are waiting for your product from them..? Bro you are a good dude, but man c'mon this is getting ridiculous...

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you don't seem to understand one is not related to the other...you are all over the map with complaining and you just want your Bronco...dude, you can make 10000 threads as to why you are upset...not one of them will get you your Bronco quicker..do you see this or no?
why would you assume this is me mad about not getting my bronco quicker? are you projecting?

Im concerned that once everyone gets their broncos we will be waiting a year for stuff to start hitting the market because ford was so slow in giving out cad and measurments

which as of right now 2 major accessory makers have nothing

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe the guys you talk to are insignificant to their business model...ever think of that?

Maybe, Ford don't give a shit if they want to make parts to make a living off of their product...Maybe. Maybe, they want to make the products with their business partners, Just maybe....they don't give away the store because spoiled brats complain about whatever.
Maybe, that is how they have 100 year old company and you are waiting for your product from them..? Bro you are a good dude, but man c'mon this is getting ridiculous...
I wont really ever understand why a person would argue so fervently for less aftermarket support so ford could have us spend 400 dollars on rigid rock lights

you have to explain yourself here because it does not make sense
Sponsored