Sponsored

Ford is apparently dropping the ball big time regarding aftermarket accessory makers.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford has much bigger things to worry about than keeping the aftermarket happy. Ford makes 0 dollars from the aftermarket. Ford makes money when it delivers vehicles to customers. The play here is that customers should be able to work out some free upgrades by lending their vehicle to the aftermarket manufacturers.
Guaranteed Ford makes money off 4WP.
Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wrong. A more modular vehicle is a more popular vehicle. The more accessories you can buy for a car the more likely a off road enthusiast will buy one.
I think the same way as you, however, I believe Ford wants also participate on that market.

I mean, the aftermarket industry is huge and very lucrative and I believe Ford wants part of that cake as well and this is why the catalog accesory is the biggest they have launch ever.

Either way, Bronco came to stay and it will be time for aftertmarket to desing their own products.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
everything isnt about the margins, which is why our country is swirling the drain as every company is focused on quarterly growth and could give a shit less about anything else.

Whats better?

You could ship 100,000 bleed you dry tesla mobiles that have massive profit margin based on software locked trim levels , or you can ship 1 million single production line , single trim off road cars that are modular and create massive rippling economies of accessories and supportive part factories and supply chains

As an american there really is only one answer.
Right, as an American. But last I checked Ford is a Global company that is in business to make money and as much as they can because of teslas and the like want to eat their lunch..

Don't blame them, every company operates this way...Our system has allowed it and even encouraged it.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

everything isnt about the margins, which is why our country is swirling the drain as every company is focused on quarterly growth and could give a shit less about anything else.

Whats better?

You could ship 100,000 bleed you dry tesla mobiles that have massive profit margin based on software locked trim levels , or you can ship 1 million single production line , single trim off road cars that are modular and create massive rippling economies of accessories and supportive part factories and supply chains

As an american there really is only one answer.
And the answer is… there is no such thing as a “bleed you dry tesla mobiles that have massive profit margin”.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been informed by somebody in the know that its partly "political" meaning ford wants to pick and choose some winners who get first out the gate.

However i know for a fact that as of last week both goose gear and KC hilites have yet to even touch a bronco much less measure them. Im sure its like this for many major and small accessory makers. which , frankly , considering they are running off roadeo and could invite accessory makers out there to get measurements and other things , is hella lazy

However if we kick up a stink about this maybe we can get ford to send a bronco or 2 out to the major guys who will make the bronco more appealing to people who want a custom experience.
No arguments here on your points. But I gotta ask about your "Hella Lazy" comment. Are you originally from the S.F. Bay Area? 🤔 😎 👍

Sponsored

goosegear

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser - 60 Series 1986
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been informed by somebody in the know that its partly "political" meaning ford wants to pick and choose some winners who get first out the gate.

However i know for a fact that as of last week both goose gear and KC hilites have yet to even touch a bronco much less measure them. Im sure its like this for many major and small accessory makers. which , frankly , considering they are running off roadeo and could invite accessory makers out there to get measurements and other things , is hella lazy

However if we kick up a stink about this maybe we can get ford to send a bronco or 2 out to the major guys who will make the bronco more appealing to people who want a custom experience.
I, Brian, don't typically get onto the forums as we are busy taking care of our customers and once you get onto a forum, the questions begin and it becomes very time consuming. Forums are a place for the end users to get information they need and in my opinion should not be driven by businesses looking to profit or sway. I am in business to make money for myself and my incredible team, we are not a charity. But I too have used forums, and getting real world feedback from real people using gear is incredibly invaluable, time saving and most importantly money saving. Instagram, is great, but it is full of sponsored content and influencers pushing whatever stuff they can get for free, whether it is truly the best option or something they settled for because they couldn't get the "good stuff" for free.

Onto the point of this thread. We have had a few conference calls with the Bronco development team and they were working on getting us added as a certified Ford partner which would give us advance access to the vehicles and CAD files. But as of yet, we have not been approved. Goose Gear is a tiny company in the off road market and they are busy chasing the big boys. Which is what a Publicly Traded company must do to keep their stock holders happy and for this reason I understand their position.

The entire Bronco team agreed that we should be added and they have requested that we gain access, but they are, quite frankly, chasing their tails a bit with all of the production and supply chain issues that all businesses are facing, including us.

We will do what we always do, we will gat a rig from a willing customer and we will create the best interior system anyone has ever seen for the Bronco.

Thanks guys and gals and enjoy Bronco6G which is a great forum.

Brian

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I, Brian, don't typically get onto the forums as we are busy taking care of our customers and once you get onto a forum, the questions begin and it becomes very time consuming. Forums are a place for the end users to get information they need and in my opinion should not be driven by businesses looking to profit or sway. I am in business to make money for myself and my incredible team, we are not a charity. But I too have used forums, and getting real world feedback from real people using gear is incredibly invaluable, time saving and most importantly money saving. Instagram, is great, but it is full of sponsored content and influencers pushing whatever stuff they can get for free, whether it is truly the best option or something they settled for because they couldn't get the "good stuff" for free.

Onto the point of this thread. We have had a few conference calls with the Bronco development team and they were working on getting us added as a certified Ford partner which would give us advance access to the vehicles and CAD files. But as of yet, we have not been approved. Goose Gear is a tiny company in the off road market and they are busy chasing the big boys. Which is what a Publicly Traded company must do to keep their stock holders happy and for this reason I understand their position.

The entire Bronco team agreed that we should be added and they have requested that we gain access, but they are, quite frankly, chasing their tails a bit with all of the production and supply chain issues that all businesses are facing, including us.

We will do what we always do, we will gat a rig from a willing customer and we will create the best interior system anyone has ever seen for the Bronco.

Thanks guys and gals and enjoy Bronco6G which is a great forum.

Brian
Wow that’s crazy they still have not reached out

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FWIW-
I think we can all agree that the Bronco is aiming for many of the Wrangler customers.
The aftermarket had virtually zero help from Jeep prior to the actual release including nothing at SEMA data.
The real issue, I think, is that the new Bronco owner wants parts NOW. Unfortunately the aftermarket is a bit slow to respond but for good reason... until you get your hands on a PRODUCTION model, you can't be 100% sure your design is correct. Things may change at the last minute that can affect the fit of the product.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW-
I think we can all agree that the Bronco is aiming for many of the Wrangler customers.
The aftermarket had virtually zero help from Jeep prior to the actual release including nothing at SEMA data.
The real issue, I think, is that the new Bronco owner wants parts NOW. Unfortunately the aftermarket is a bit slow to respond but for good reason... until you get your hands on a PRODUCTION model, you can't be 100% sure your design is correct. Things may change at the last minute that can affect the fit of the product.
I agree and is one reason I do not mind waiting a little longer for my now MY22, otherwise I would be pulling my hair out waiting for parts that have not been manufactured yet ;)
Sponsored