Sponsored

Ford is apparently dropping the ball big time regarding aftermarket accessory makers.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ARB didn't even have access to a Bronco when they designed all of their parts and accessories. They used CAD.
I've already told OP on page one that SEMA members have access to CAD. And I don't know why anyone would want to design to the measurements of one vehicle, OP must never have heard of tolerancing or tolerance stack-up.

Would much rather design to the CAD, the nominal, and account on my own for stack-up.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's speak to the lights specifically. Rigid has partnered with Ford on this vehicle. Rigid likely has paid a fee to be the primary launch partner. Rigid likely has some protections that don't necessarily guarantee exclusivity but that probably protect it from Ford DIRECTLY handing their competitors the keys to compete. Common sense much?

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right. This guy gets it. It took me 5 pages to find the right answer.

OP, do you even have a vehicle yet? You are pissing and moaning because aftermarket accessory manufacturers are not being supported by Ford? And you want everyone to join in on your class action bitch fest in hopes of influencing Ford to work better with a company that makes lights?

Ford is in it for the long game. They are not in a rush to make sure there are plenty of KC HiLights for the first handful of owners. That shit will come soon enough, as another poster wrote.

For the people writing that the new vehicle market is driven by the availability of accessories (even in part), wtf? As a consumer, you are saying that you would choose a Jeep over a Bronco because the aftermarket is more mature? Go get a jeep, then! Plenty of doo dads to stick on your sweet-ass Renegade.

Ford, please keep focusing on making Broncos. If I get mine this year, I'll use a flashlight until the aftermarket catches up.
I could not have stated it better, kudos to you!

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been informed by somebody in the know that its partly "political" meaning ford wants to pick and choose some winners who get first out the gate.
In today's world, political is literal and not a metaphor. Big PC companies are probably running background checks to see who you vote for or what party your registered. Then they cancel you for something you did in college 40 years ago. Well, if you are not on the proper "side" they cancel you. If you're on "their" side, you were just a kid who deserves a second, forth or fifth chance. Kinda sad, but it's where we are. As for the accessories, they'll be plentiful by next summer from many brands. As someone previously mentioned, consumers will donate their rig for design and test fitting and receive free components. And besides, I don't think Ford has any ball's left to drop.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever considered that maybe some of these smaller companies do not want to work with Ford, that they like their independence? I have heard a couple of vendors here state that they were invited to work with Ford, but then decided that they could not reach the numbers that Ford wanted and keep their quality that they wanted in their products.

If I owned my own company I would only want to answer to my self and my standards. Maybe I will make a little less money, but maybe I won't and my work will stand for me and my standards of quality.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been informed by somebody in the know that its partly "political" meaning ford wants to pick and choose some winners who get first out the gate.

However i know for a fact that as of last week both goose gear and KC hilites have yet to even touch a bronco much less measure them. Im sure its like this for many major and small accessory makers. which , frankly , considering they are running off roadeo and could invite accessory makers out there to get measurements and other things , is hella lazy

However if we kick up a stink about this maybe we can get ford to send a bronco or 2 out to the major guys who will make the bronco more appealing to people who want a custom experience.
It's not a conspiracy. It's capitalism. I'm sure the "winners" paid Ford for the privilege of getting exclusive or early access. Or if not paid directly, Ford is benefitting nin some other way such as cross-promotions.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I predict that Ford wants to make money so they’re only info to certain licensees.

It’s not super difficult to reverse engineer a bumper and many other things.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been measuring sessions for SEMA members. There are also full up CAD models available to SEMA members for development .
Both of these companies are SEMA members.
End of thread at post #4. Thanks for saving my time. 😄

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not a surprise to me. Maybe those "selected" vendors are willing to give Ferd a better kickback on sales? 🤷

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If ford built a bunch of broncos to send out to aftermarket companies, there would be people complaining about ford sending out broncos out to aftermarket companies while there are customer orders still not filled.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those that care for a little insight to the Ford accessory licensing program, here is a write up from a forum sponsor that was involved with Ford early on. They discuss why they chose not to participate in the program, and even discuss the Bronco was made available to SEMA members, which they flew out to attend. Very insightful. KC Highlights has nothing to cry about.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oduct-development-small-business-style.16269/
Sponsored