First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After falling victim to Webasto's short comings and failing to produce even close to enough hard tops, ford is now failing to provide the aftermarket with the data necessary to help quell these problems.

Below is taken directly from a conversation with Patriot Fastbacks today 6/8/22

"We are making forward progress, Ford has not been the most cooperative with us in obtaining the needed data, so that’s been a bit of a sticking point. However, with our Master mold makers, who have been doing this type of work for decades, data from Ford isn’t completely necessary, it just cuts the time in more than half.

So that being said, we’re looking at more towards the end of the year, hopefully before the cold season hits.

Sorry for the not so good news, but we’re definitely progressing as fast as we can towards some new super badarse tops!!"

Hey @Ford social media person - work your way through your cross functional teams to find the design engineers who hold this data hostage.
Hint* They are located in the PDC building off of Oakwood blvd

Is this a private email, might want to check with them before you decide to post this on a public message board.
Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting that so many other manufacturers have been able to produce products for the Bronco.

Seems like Patriot is trying to blame Ford for not getting shit done.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This makes zero sense. Even if Ford isn't providing whatever "data" is needed there are plenty of Broncos out there for R&D and test fitting. I see manufacturers requesting owners to allow their vehicles to be used for testing all the time. In exchange for payment or free products.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This makes zero sense. Even if Ford isn't providing whatever "data" is needed there are plenty of Broncos out there for R&D and test fitting. I see manufacturers requesting owners to allow their vehicles to be used for testing all the time. In exchange for payment or free products.
I don't have a horse in this race - pun not intended I'm only one cup of coffee deep - but that's been answered I believe. It's about tolerance for production.

These are mass produced vehicles. You can use ONE to R&D and develop parts for and it can fit PERFECTLY. You can then sell that product to an owner of an identical vehicle and it doesn't fit or doesn't fit as well.

Same reason that when you look up the OEM specs for say main or rod bearing tolerances / clearances, it's a RANGE not an exact measurement. Crankshafts and connecting rods are mass produced and anything mass produced will have some varying specs with tight tolerances.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are mass produced vehicles. You can use ONE to R&D and develop parts for and it can fit PERFECTLY. You can then sell that product to an owner of an identical vehicle and it doesn't fit or doesn't fit as well.
Yes, and that's why bolt holes are slotted/oversized. Every other manufacturer out there was able to 3D scan a Bronco and start producing parts. I doubt Ford has shared any "data" to any manufacturer outside the ones they have partnered with to sell accessories that are shown on the Ford website (Bestop, etc) and possibly RTR/Fun-Haver as they seem to be a brand ambassador. Ford is not going to give up "data" if there is nothing in it for them.

Also, funny how the OP rolls a grenade in the center of the room and then goes MIA.