Sponsored

Ford is apparently dropping the ball big time regarding aftermarket accessory makers.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always assume I've already read the dumbest threads on here.
Yet every time I log on, I'm pleasantly surprised that a new contender has entered the ring.
Sponsored

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's literally the first year of production and really not even more like half year. It took Jeep years apon years to get the aftermarket following they have now. It's unreasonable to expect Ford to jump out the gate with even a minor bit of what the Jeep has to offer in the aftermarket

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For those that care for a little insight to the Ford accessory licensing program, here is a write up from a forum sponsor that was involved with Ford early on. They discuss why they chose not to participate in the program, and even discuss the Bronco was made available to SEMA members, which they flew out to attend. Very insightful. KC Highlights has nothing to cry about.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oduct-development-small-business-style.16269/
you are missing the point entirely! This person is simply upset because he doesn't have his toy and is not getting much info about it, like many later res holders. He is frustrated. I will not bag on guy who wants his Bronco, especially a military man. But geez, complaining about every issue and saying Ford dropped the ball is a bit of a stretch. Making a new thread about how Ford screwed something up, will not change the fact he has little info about his Bronco.. It's like a temper tantrum online..there are a few temper tantrums on here lately. Most get it, they hate it, but at least they get it. Critical is cool, over critical is wack!

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
There have been measuring sessions for SEMA members. There are also full up CAD models available to SEMA members for development .
Both of these companies are SEMA members.
Measuring sessions and CAD models should be enough.

With so many real people and real orders that don't even have vin numbers yet I would say Ford has done all they need to do.

What we really need is more broncos made and shipped.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
not hearsay credible source
OK, can you share the impeccable source? It's not like we are discussing national security classified Broncos here. I'd be convinced if there was a poll of all those aftermarket shops and 50% +1 of them throw barbs for not receiving ass kisses from Ford.

Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well that's because in the future ford wants "aftermarket" to go through them. Example there plan with the 100 bronco stores, there Ford accessories Catlog, Bronco Offredo, etc.... they want to be the one stop shop for your Bronco.
You forgot Bronco Nation. Ford wants to be your one stop shop for Bronco fan clubs as well.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You forgot Bronco Nation. Ford wants to be your one stop shop for Bronco fan clubs as well.
they can not stop the aftermarket, they can and are entitled to slow it down if they choose, again, it's their product. Competition is not just with the enthusiasts...remember it's total war Ladies!!!!

The accountants are at war also, looking at how they can capitalize on the structure that allows Jeep to lose money in the aftermarket, thats is a cost and a revenue advantage...if you are not an accountant you may not see this move...this is a boss move ladies!!! The want to own the territory!! the leeches can get the scraps...as they should, and this product is so hot, they will prosper as always! Who is hurt?

Think about what I am saying, this is business Sonny, nothing personal just business!!

These guys are screaming wait till Luca finds out...and Ford is saying " yeah, let me handle Luca"

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that care for a little insight to the Ford accessory licensing program, here is a write up from a forum sponsor that was involved with Ford early on. They discuss why they chose not to participate in the program, and even discuss the Bronco was made available to SEMA members, which they flew out to attend. Very insightful. KC Highlights has nothing to cry about.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oduct-development-small-business-style.16269/

Hey!!!....you know the rules, no facts!! speculation drives reaction points!

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rough Country, meanwhile, has borrowed a dealer mannequin, reverse engineered it, and put components into production. This is just engineering. It’s not super difficult and Ford shouldn’t have to help out a bunch.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has much bigger things to worry about than keeping the aftermarket happy. Ford makes 0 dollars from the aftermarket. Ford makes money when it delivers vehicles to customers. The play here is that customers should be able to work out some free upgrades by lending their vehicle to the aftermarket manufacturers.
This is how it’s done. Be the guinea pig.

Sponsored

Stereo

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I expressed an interest through the Yakima website about one of their racks for my Bronco. I received an email from their "Fit Technician" asking if I can drive to Lake Oswego, OR to let them do a fit test. They would like 4 hours with the Bronco and in exchange I would receive a discount on any of their products. Too far away from me but if anyone is near there and has ownership of their Bronco you could score a nice deal on a rack.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
why would you assume this is me mad about not getting my bronco quicker? are you projecting?

Im concerned that once everyone gets their broncos we will be waiting a year for stuff to start hitting the market because ford was so slow in giving out cad and measurements

which as of right now 2 major accessory makers have nothing
well, I apologize if I am assuming something that is not there.

But bro, would you create a vehicle that the margins are not that high on each one you make. So you make your vehicle modular so you can develop aftermarket parts to make up those margins then give the blueprints away? All I am saying is this is total war between Bronco and Jeep...Accounting is getting in on the game too..by making the Bronco more profitable with developed aftermarket products. You would give that away? These companies could have bought or buy their own.. Ford need to fill the customer base...

we need the Horse (Bronco) before the cart...not the cart before the Horse (Bronco)

agree bro?

TJ1007

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe they should’ve reserved one after the reveal like everyone else. I’m waiting on mine. Upgrades can wait. I just want one

OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well, I apologize if I am assuming something that is not there.

But bro, would you create a vehicle that the margins are not that high on each one you make. So you make your vehicle modular so you can develop aftermarket parts to make up those margins then give the blueprints away? All I am saying is this is total war between Bronco and Jeep...Accounting is getting in on the game too..by making the Bronco more profitable with developed aftermarket products. You would give that away? These companies could have bought or buy their own.. Ford need to fill the customer base...

we need the Horse (Bronco) before the cart...not the cart before the Horse (Bronco)

agree bro?
everything isnt about the margins, which is why our country is swirling the drain as every company is focused on quarterly growth and could give a shit less about anything else.

Whats better?

You could ship 100,000 bleed you dry tesla mobiles that have massive profit margin based on software locked trim levels , or you can ship 1 million single production line , single trim off road cars that are modular and create massive rippling economies of accessories and supportive part factories and supply chains

As an american there really is only one answer.
Sponsored