Sponsored

Why are you choosing the Bronco over competitors like 4Runner and Wrangler?

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I see if the option list is real, is if you can get 35's (315's) from the factory, this tells me that Ford has built the running gear to handle that size offroad. A jeep can't handle 35's on stock axles without modification. I have witnessed 3 jeeps (LJ and 2 JK's) that broke axle shafts on trails. They were not beating on the rig just crawling.

I also hope we can mix and match to get the powertrain we want. I'm on a budget and I normally like to get just the things I need. I ordered my F350 and it's a low end XLT but it's got only what I wanted and it's perfect to me. Hope to do the same on the bronco if it works out.
Do you plan to get the 2.3 or 2.7?
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure of which engine leaning towards. Will depend on payload and how much weight can be held on hardtop with a rack.

I think the 2.3 Ecoboost is a great engine, but for towing and weight, may lean towards The 2.7 that may be able to take a better beating through sand.

I plan to mostly drive or crawl moderate trails as slowly as possible and only as fast as necessary.

LaterGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
I had a rental 4Runner and just wasn't very impressed.
Jeep issues, for me, have been headroom (I'm 6'6") and the lack of a roof crossbeam in the Bronco looks like a winner. Jeeps were also lacking in power and too expensive for the overall package.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that my kids are leaving the nest, the option to take some more long weekends and go expedition camping is a more reasonable proposition. I'd been shopping the Wrangler/Gladiator vs the Colorado ZR2 vs the Bronco. The Bronco offers the best of all worlds to me.

-IFS should have roads manners more in line with the ZR2. I don't plan on any hard core rock crawling that an SFA would be a requirement. It will also be my primary daily driver.
-Factory 35's, lift and lockers with the Sasquatch package.
-All the top off fun of a Jeep.
-FCA and Chevy can't match the low-end torque of the 2.7L TTV6 (barring the 392 Jeep being an actual reality).
-Honestly, for most I want to do adding a winch, some recovery gear and maybe a roof top tent to whichever trim is equivalent to the Rubicon will get the job done.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that my kids are leaving the nest, the option to take some more long weekends and go expedition camping is a more reasonable proposition. I'd been shopping the Wrangler/Gladiator vs the Colorado ZR2 vs the Bronco. The Bronco offers the best of all worlds to me.

-IFS should have roads manners more in line with the ZR2. I don't plan on any hard core rock crawling that an SFA would be a requirement. It will also be my primary daily driver.
-Factory 35's, lift and lockers with the Sasquatch package.
-All the top off fun of a Jeep.
-FCA and Chevy can't match the low-end torque of the 2.7L TTV6 (barring the 392 Jeep being an actual reality).
-Honestly, for most I want to do adding a winch, some recovery gear and maybe a roof top tent to whichever trim is equivalent to the Rubicon will get the job done.
Well, I'm sure, like others around here I've been reading a lot lol.

The trim you'd want to match the Rubicon is definitely the Badlands or the "First Edition" model. With that said, it seems to me that being in Canada limits me to just the Badlands trim...oh well, I can add options if I want to almost get what the First Edition model has.

Can anyone confirm this Canada limitation?

R

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

styling, ease of top removal (we'll see), practicality, power (270/310 out of a 4 banger? yes!), and most of all; personality. what i mean by that is, the car itself makes a statement of the owners lifestyle. couple that with all the options and future options slated to be 200+, you can really make your unique and your own.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

styling, ease of top removal (we'll see), practicality, power (270/310 out of a 4 banger? yes!), and most of all; personality. what i mean by that is, the car itself makes a statement of the owners lifestyle. couple that with all the options and future options slated to be 200+, you can really make your unique and your own.
And you can tune the 4 banger up to 310hp and 370 ft lbs of torque.

See it for yourself. Its a Ranger but it has the same engine:

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Restored Broncos were my obsession but the price tag of +$100k was not.

I looked at the updated Rubicon and 4Runner really hard two - three years ago.

The the TRD 4runner was not worth the price tag especially the markup dealers were handing out for a dated truck

Same for the rubicon, I had to put a deposit on one out of state so I wouldn’t get reamed. I ended saying fuck it not worth my time for a vehicle and dropped off.

Defender came up and I was all in.

Bronco revealed changed everything. They were the only car maker that actually listened instead of stringing customers along with little to no updates.

Ford knocked this MFer outta da park!!! Keep true to the classic look and somehow managed to modernize it without compromising everything else.

Sponsored
OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Restored Broncos were my obsession but the price tag of +$100k was not.

I looked at the updated Rubicon and 4Runner really hard two - three years ago.

The the TRD 4runner was not worth the price tag especially the markup dealers were handing out for a dated truck

Same for the rubicon, I had to put a deposit on one out of state so I wouldn’t get reamed. I ended saying fuck it not worth my time for a vehicle and dropped off.

Defender came up and I was all in.

Bronco revealed changed everything. They were the only car maker that actually listened instead of stringing customers along with little to no updates.

Ford knocked this MFer outta da park!!! Keep true to the classic look and somehow managed to modernize it without compromising everything else.
What trim and powertrain are you getting for the bronco?

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What appeals you to the 2021 Ford Bronco over other competitors such as the Toyota 4runner and Jeep Wrangler? Explain.
Jeep Wrangler
- the design i'm not a fan of. the fenders, plastics around the exterior, large gaps around body panels and exposed bolts and hinges.
- reliability with front end and drive train.
- interior materials and size are not what i expect for a large vehicle and for the cost.
- price for the quality of fit and finish. rather get an old land rover or even a ranger or similar.

4Runner
- cost
- always in the past when it comes to features. carplay, etc.
- interiors are updated every 2 decades it seems.
- design looks very bulky and larger than what it needed to be.

New Defender
- cost
- it's still a contender for our next car but cost is just too high.

Bronco
- final details still need to be released.
- which trim?
- will car seats fit ok?
- will a stroller fit in the trunk of a 4 door?

Jbatman

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Planning on keeping my 4Runner TRD and adding the Bronco to the mix.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've wanted a two door Bronco my whole life.

Can't afford a 4Runner. Jeep Death Wobble. No FIAT for me. Plus, as so many people stated, WAY too many Sheeps around. I want to drive something a little more unique (for now, anyway).
Sponsored