Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely would love a follow-up on your impressions of the differences between the Jeep and Bronco on those familiar trails. I have a JLRubi on 35s now that I feel supremely confident in off-road. I'm hoping I can enjoy all the same trails in my BadSquatch, which arrives literally any day now.

I'll be hitting some trails in northern Colorado, such as this one up Poudre Canyon in Roosevelt National Forest, which for me will be a good test comparing my new Bronco to my CJs:

The guy in the video is playing up that trail as difficult, but I drove it many times in open diff CJs with 31" tires. (Choosing a good line was important.) I've had passengers get out and walk, refusing to drive up sections with me, so maybe my aversion to risk is lower than other people's, lol.

Anyway my Bronco has 35" tires and open diffs, so I'll be looking to see how well the IFS can follow the terrain compared to my CJs. I'll know right away on that trail if the Bronco is struggling compared to my other 4x4s.

Hope to find time to make it out to Ouray area, do easy Alpine Loop for scenery and some medium rated trails, not looking to break anything in my 2 month old Bronco. :) Good to hear your Bronco has performed well out there.
Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did not choose the bronco over the wrangler. I have a pretty well built diesel JLUR that does great both on and off the road. Talked the other half into getting rid of her Lexus for the bronco and she loves it. I will be doing most of the off road driving at least for now but that will change over time.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmmm....:unsure: No bread? Then let them eat cake! Just have one of each.

RedShiftWT81650

Wildtrak
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I currently have a 2014 jku on 35ā€™s. I love it still, and will until the day I sell it or trade-in. I picked the bronco over a new jeep because of the 99% of the time Iā€™m on regular roads. Even living in western colorado, out of the 100k miles Iā€™ve put on the jeep only 1-2k weā€™re off road. For the 1-2% Iā€™m off road I think the bronco will do well enough and I know that the on road manners are more than what the solid front axle can provide. Ultimately time will tell if this is a worthy swap. The bronco is considerably more bulky than the jku which may prove to be more of a challenge on the trails. But Iā€™m always up for a challenge. The jeep was great for 100k miles of trouble free driving. No death wobble, no problems that soured me on it. Just time to move on. And if the bronco doesnā€™t live up to the hype, Iā€™ll happily switch back to a jeep. There will always be anti jeep fan boys and cj/tj/yj jeep purists that love self-felatio. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because itā€™s a Bronco. Have never been interested in a Jeep