Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...My wife...really. Yes my wife told me no Jeep - GO Bronco. Plus the A plan helps lol.

Bronco is so far advanced to the Jeep. Jeep will catch up I'm sure, but for now it's an antiqiuated vehicle. That solid front axle is a no no for me. Had a 2001 Jeep TJ, nce enough, but rough ride on paved roads.
  • Also, she made me get the Badlands because of the black interior, she didn't like any other.
  • She also had to have Homelink, so yes, she made me get LUX package.
  • Oh, she had to have leather and power seats, so...leather package.
Love my wife :)

So I got lucky and look forward to it.

Build date is 8/3/23

I was pushing for a 2 door OB with the Advance transfer case, mid package. She cost me $13,000. But I'll be happier! (yes she costs me more than that).
Sponsored

Last edited:

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would suggest test driving both, if you haven’t already. The test drive itself, did it for me. The interior details, the handling, the larger windshield and view kept me focused on waiting on a Bronco. I would have gladly settled on a Jeep, but the test drive killed it for me.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I needed a light SUV capable of towing the occasional motorcycle or other light load.

The Base Bronco was cheaper, had more features as standard, and was the more road oriented of the two.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Death Wobble, Reliability, Looks, Engine, and Tech.

The Bronco stomps the jeep in all these areas. Sure, the Jeep is better at rock crawling, but at the cost of eventual death wobble. Jeeps are known for subpar reliability, but they are far from the absolute worst, however my Bronco experience suggests that I went with the right choice. It flat out is the better looking vehicle. The 2.7 stomps all the sub-$70k Jeep engine choices. Finally, pre-2024, there was absolutely no question about the Ford tech package being better... Show me the FORSCAN equivalent in the Jeep, it doesn't exist.

I have owned Jeeps in the past. I have 2 Bronco OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 with tow package, both 2 door models. One has the lux and the other has the high package, I recommend the high package unless you absolutely cannot go without adaptive cruise control.

Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually had bought a JLU Rubicon in early 2022 due to the long waits for Broncos... But I'm back having just bought a 2dr Badlands 2.7 (and trading in the Jeep). I'm stoked and here are the benefits for me over the JL...

- 2dr Bronco has an almost 4" longer wheelbase vs the 2dr JL
- 2.7 TT V6
- IFS
- quicker engaging lockers and swaybar disconnect
- "half doors" are essentially standard (ie. frameless doors)
- better seats
- 12" screen (which the JL now does have for MY24, but it's a weird aspect ratio)
- some nostalgia (my dad had a '78 Bronco when I was growing up)

QCBroncodad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I felt more cramped in the jeep than the bronco and also I found that when the roof was off the jeep had an unsightly bar in the middle that the bronco didn’t have making it a better top off experience.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those who were indecisive between the two... what made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? I 100% without a doubt want 2 door!! Also want auto (no manual) and trims with NO carpet on the floor.

LOVE the rubberized/washable floors many Bronco trims have which Jeep Wrangler does not seem to have (I could be wrong about this but doesn't seem Wrangler has this). But I am still conflicted between Bronco vs Wrangler... I am extremely stuck between the two and I keep going back-and-forth. It is driving me insane 😶

I would be using mine as daily driver with some overlanding in the mountains...
Those stupid ducks. I will never drive a vehicle where people put ducks on them

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those who were indecisive between the two... what made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? I 100% without a doubt want 2 door!! Also want auto (no manual) and trims with NO carpet on the floor.

LOVE the rubberized/washable floors many Bronco trims have which Jeep Wrangler does not seem to have (I could be wrong about this but doesn't seem Wrangler has this). But I am still conflicted between Bronco vs Wrangler... I am extremely stuck between the two and I keep going back-and-forth. It is driving me insane 😶

I would be using mine as daily driver with some overlanding in the mountains...
I have a 2021 Badsquatch 4-door and a 2022 Wrangler Sahara Unilimted.

I am not a fan of the Jeep at all (is actually the second one we have owned.) Rides terrible, tinny sounding, underpowered, the fenders are so low that it makes it hard to determine spatially where the car is, interior is junky, and the doors are much more cumbersome to take off.

Unfortunately we had to buy a car last minute for our daughter and the Jeep was the best option...so we have another...

Dave

Sponsored

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every wrangler i've driven felt like a horse that didn't want to go where i'm headed, and needed constant nudging to keep it in the lane. Stock they all ride really "bouncy" like you feel every little bump in the road as well as the big ones. probably what is required to keep the solid axles under control but it is what it is.

I almost punted and ordered a rubicon last year when it became obvious my order wasn't getting built as a 2022, but it was between model years for the wrangler and it would have been 60-90 days anyways, and the sales guy at jeep ghosted me so i dropped it.
Not to mention the death wobble. Got a paniced call from my 16 yo daughter thinking her car fell apart at 65mph.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tired of the freakin wave! :ROFLMAO:

My Wranglers had a manual transmission, my wife and I wanted an auto.
Roomier and better on-road ride quality.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My non-owner experiences with Jeeps was not good. Bad ride, chintzy interior, water filling up the door wells when it rained hard, poor seating position for passengers front or rear.

If you gave me a Jeep, I would sell it and buy pretty much anything else. It was never a choice for me. The only reason I have a Bronco is because it has a manual. If it didn't have a stick shift, I wouldn't be an owner today. That was a non-negotiable requirement for any vehicle I would consider buying (yes I know some Jeeps have sticks, but re-read first paragraph :) )

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IFS. Spending a lot more miles on the road than off. Death wobble be gone.
Sponsored