First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those who were indecisive between the two... what made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? I 100% without a doubt want 2 door!! Also want auto (no manual) and trims with NO carpet on the floor.

LOVE the rubberized/washable floors many Bronco trims have which Jeep Wrangler does not seem to have (I could be wrong about this but doesn't seem Wrangler has this). But I am still conflicted between Bronco vs Wrangler... I am extremely stuck between the two and I keep going back-and-forth. It is driving me insane 😶

I would be using mine as daily driver with some overlanding in the mountains...
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the way it looks.

I had a 95 Wrangler already.

I'm a wide body and it's roomier.

Wanted something new and the Wrangler is a bit long in the tooth.

---

From an overlanding point of view, that's not what I do. I'd say you'd do well in a Bronco, although I think the top on a Wrangler is sturdier if you're into the RTT thing. Otherwise, the Bronco is roomier, better on highways, et cetera et cetera. If you're on the shorter side (I'm 6' 3"), numerous vendors have lay flat beds that work well in the Bronco. I think that's tougher in the 2dr Wrangler.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had 2 jeeps previously. Ive always loved the original broncos and when ford announced the return I started following and once I saw the 2dr in person I had to have it. My 2dr rides so much better than either of my 4dr jeeps. Overall everything is better (except maybe the hardtop). For a daily driver the jeep is no comparison. As for the vinyl flooring it comes in black diamonds and badlands. I chose the BD cause the BL was a few grand more and the only extra features I was interested in werent worth the extra cost. I love the washout interior! Ive been rained on a few times with no problems and even sprayed the interior out with a water hose.

Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had two built Wranglers, and after my F150 Raptor, I was sold on Ford. Bronco drives like a SUV (doesn't wander all over the road like the Wrangler) and yet very capable off road. Ford did their homework and have done a great job.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Long time Jeep and Land Rover owner. (Currently own a JEEP TJ, CJ-7 and Series III 88 Land Rover). Those vehicles are getting long in the tooth, having some issues, so I decided a new open top 4x4 was the ticket, especially for longer trips to off-road sites.

Some reasons I went with a Bronco over a Wrangler:
  • Never been a fan of the post TJ lack of front fender integration on the Wrangler JK/JL.
  • 2-door Bronco was 28k and included hardtop, which (at the time) beat the Wrangler price.
  • I consider the Bronco the modern version of my Series Land Rover. (Sorry LR dropped the ball with the new fixed top uni-body Defender.)
  • Wanted to try something different, variety is the spice of life.

Only a month with the new 2-door manual Bronco, so far so good. Real test will be next month, if I can swing a trip to Colorado and try the IFS off-road. I generally prefer live front axle, but hopefully the Bronco IFS will have enough travel to follow the terrain.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had Wranglers in the past, plus my family had Jeeps my entire life growing up. I still love the brand for its purist pursuit of off-roading, but the new Wrangler was just missing something that I really wanted - a more usable package.
The Bronco drives better and has more room than a Wrangler. The engine that I have (V6 TT) beats out the Wranglers V6. The design is fantastic! It solidified my want for a new 4x4 as soon as I saw it.
My only wish would be that the standard infotainment screen would be a bit better. Other then that, LOVE it!

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm 5'11 and my head was an inch below the roof on the wrangler with the seat all the way down. I had two JK's and they couldn't get out of their own way with the 3.6. I considered the 392 and even looked at the trx....both have FULL time 4WD. After lemon-lawing my 05 ram beacuse they couldn't get the the same system to work there was no way I going down that path, besides the 392 was 12k higher. Wrangler is cramped and steers the same as the original jeep....you need a whole lane to drive in. I got a JL as a rental and it handled no better
My Braptor drives like a mustang, fast, handles great and is roomier on the inside....I could make a long list, the only thing I miss is the jeep wave.

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a JLU prior to the Bronco and the two biggest factors for me were lack of interior space and horrible on road drivability....I do miss that smooth power delivery from the diesel though.

Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i had a wrangler in college. a 1990 4.2 carbureted. while it was a long time ago and a rough patch for the wranglers i did swear off jeeps after that.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I needed an off-road vehicle that could also be a solid family/vacation/road-trip vehicle. Bronco is the best choice for that.

---

There's a bunch of other reasons that contributed to the decision, though none were the deciding factor. List:
  1. I've only owned Fords. I'm extremely familiar with the Ford way of doing things.
  2. My father is a (now retired) Ford engineer. Employee discounts are nice.
  3. I grew up an learn how to drive in a 4th generation Ford Bronco XLT, so there is a lot of nostalgia attached to the Bronco.
  4. I hated the interior—especially the red dash—on the Wrangler Rubicon (something they've fixed with the most recent refresh I noticed).
  5. My local Dodge/Jeep dealer is known to be scummy.
But again... those weren't the deciding factors. Prior to the Bronco announcement I was actively looking at Wranglers, Rangers, Tacomas, and 4Runners. Probably would have bought a 4Runner truthfully, but the 4Runner was already a decade old when I was shopping back just prior to the pandemic. Didn't want to buy a 4Runner only to have Toyota update it a year or two later.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every wrangler i've driven felt like a horse that didn't want to go where i'm headed, and needed constant nudging to keep it in the lane. Stock they all ride really "bouncy" like you feel every little bump in the road as well as the big ones. probably what is required to keep the solid axles under control but it is what it is.

I almost punted and ordered a rubicon last year when it became obvious my order wasn't getting built as a 2022, but it was between model years for the wrangler and it would have been 60-90 days anyways, and the sales guy at jeep ghosted me so i dropped it.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I traded a 21 JLU 4xe in for my Braptor...here's my reasons
  1. IFS - Little need for hardcore rock climbing but drive pavement or higher-speed trails majority of the time
  2. Infotainment (12" screen, Wireless Carplay)
  3. Frameless Doors - I take the hard-top off often and prefer the 1/2 door look when windows down
  4. Interior Space, esp headroom
  5. Sideview mirrors attached to A-Pillar; no need to install side-view mirrors to remain legal when the doors are removed
  6. More comfortable seats (esp BRaptor)
  7. Reliability - my 4xe spent 7-8 weeks in total in service during the 1st 12 months of ownership as the 4xe system was clearly not ready for large scale production and Jeep Service network even less prepared to service it
Sponsored