Sponsored

What changes you think Jeep will make to the Wrangler??

Rvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IFS will never happen in a Wrangler, against their DNA.

Larger screen in dash
A Rubicon on 35's
Improved powerplants
possibly restructuring of the cage
Also maybe jeep well start making there frames so they don't rust within a year also they don't have a light come up on the dash that tells you your car is about to die. That's what my 2019 jl has done . Now its GONE.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also maybe jeep well start making there frames so they don't trust within a year also they don't have a light come up on the dash that tells you your car is about to die. That's what my 2019 jo has done . Now its GONE.
I mean, at least they gave you a light to warn you.

tenor.gif

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read an article about 2016-2017, a link from allpar.com, that Mike Manley said he would not put IFS in the JL due to a possible fan rebellion. Some stories at that time said some Jeep engineers were working on it. Within the last month or so someone posted here about that work, @Nickp do you remember the post?

If they have already completed or nearly completed the IFS Engineering they may dust that off and put put it on some trims or make it an option. The Rubicon and Sport could stay SFA for the diehards.
If they have nearly finished engineering IFS for the Wrangler, it would be insanely stupid not to offer it on the mall-crawler trims (Sahara, etc.), IMO. These are the very kind of people that don't even know what IFS is and would easily defect to a Bronco in a side-by-side comparison. I would bet more than 50% of Jeep customer base would prefer IFS due to them having no intention of traversing any terrain that would remotely need it (just look at what the Bronco can do with IFS). 90% of the rest would be better off with IFS, they just refuse to acknowledge it. 😄

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wrangler has been killing the competition by staying true to its roots, for decades.
This stands out to me as there hasn't really been any competition for the Jeep as to what it actually does..... no excuses offroading. Small nimble, capable trail runners.

Well maybe the Defender 90 for a short time, but totally different client there.

4Runners, Blazers, Tahoes, Amigos, Trackers etc etc etc, not even in the same ballpark, at least in factory form.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wrangler has been killing the competition by staying true to its roots, for decades.
This stands out to me as there hasn't really been any competition for the Jeep as to what it actually does..... no excuses offroading. Small nimble, capable trail runners.

Well maybe the Defender 90 for a short time, but totally different client there.

4Runners, Blazers, Tahoes, Amigos, Trackers etc etc etc, not even in the same ballpark, at least in factory form.

Yea no. Maybe after WW3 when we are kicked back to the stone age. But as long as industry keeps moving forward, more advanced technologies and architectures will continue to get cheaper and more robust. SFA has a huge legacy lead. This has been changing slowly over the past 20 years and its accelerating. Performance matters. Durability is a money/time question, not "is it possible" question.

THAT said. I don't think the Wrangler will nix SFA soon. At least not across the board. There are some benefits. A FAR cry from "most" situations off-road as has been objectively and unequivocally proven, but there are still some. Jeep can build on that because branding sells.

Edit: As for what I think they will change. I think they will offer 35's from the factory ASAP and probably offer 37's as part of some package because the writing is already on the wall with the Warthog on that one. Right now big tires are hot and there is no reason Jeep can't do a mid cycle refresh starting at the feet.

I should also add that I really don't share the same enthusiasm for the 80's and 90's FSB as others here. It seemed like a cheap hack job off the successful full size trucks. That may get everyone on my a$$ now, but there is a reason it was cut. It was not competing in Jeeps space. This time it is, and it came out of the gates swinging and I think jeep is gonna see stars. (or maybe they are slow clapping and whispering its about d*mn time.) Either way they gotta make some changes
I should also add that I really don't share the same enthusiasm for the 80's and 90's FSB as others here. It seemed like a cheap hack job off the successful full size trucks. That may get everyone on my a$$ now, but there is a reason it was cut. It was not competing in Jeeps space.
Once the Bronco went to Full size , 1978, there was no longer competition with Jeep. They were drastically different vehicles at that point. If there was a death of the Bronco in spirit, it was 1978.

(My opinion here)
As far as the Broncos and Blazers being cut, they were not. In my opinion they evolved into the 4 doors (1997 for Ford) and were renamed along the way to what we know now as Expeditions and Tahoes.

I always felt the Bronco never really died, it just kept evolving, from Classic, to FSB's to the 4 door Expy. We may not have liked what it became, but the lineage is there none the less.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jeep’s main priority needs to be powertrain. And no I don’t give a shit about the 392 it’s a novelty at best
Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge needs a new trick. WE GET IT, you dropped an even bigger engine in a decade-old model. Soon their trim names will be as bad as sound cards in the early 2000s.

Just gotta hold out for the 2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Widebody X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series 7.1 PCIe

---

They really need to up their on-road manners. Your average 2024 John Q Public, no brand loyalty, who just wants a 'offroady' car for the occasional dusting of snow, will test-drive both a Bronco and a Wrangler. John's not an idiot. The on-road test drive will show the Bronco rides nicer, a bit roomier, and he gets fancier tech for the same price as the Wrangler.

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think Jeep will have 35's standard on the Rubicon and bigger info screen.
I already think Rubicon leathered trim interior is very nice.
I actually wish the Bronco had SFA.

I thought for sure the Bronco would have a SFA as the base in the 20/25K range ( aka troller setup) , even if only for the first few years, and if they sold then continue to produce after that. Then the higher models getting the IFS and the higher price tag. But Ford had better ideas. :D

Now that the 3X Hammers King, Randy Slawson, has won a 21 Bronc, he maybe be the first to build a SFA swap. He is a hell of a fabricator. And for those who might not know, he built the Every Man Challenge winner this year and it says a lot when someone buys your car and races for the first time, in that class, and wins. Yes Lite Brite had a Bomber as well but they did not finish first, albeit they were in the Hammers race (4400) not the EMC. Not to take anything away them. they did finish and THAT says a lot in a Hammers race.

......more to the thread I agree Jeep will get big screen, bigger tires, better drivetrain, lockers avail in the lower models. Small changes like this I can see coming to keep up with the Bronc, but I doubt it will lose the SFA. They will always claim that it is better than the Bronc's IFS. I can't wait to show them what BUILT FORD TOUGH really means. :D

Last edited:

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base

Scout, Bronco, K5, original 4Runner, there’s been competition but no one can beat it.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I repeat my previous statement, messing with the Wrangler is stupid. Jeep is a brand, they sell multiple vehicles. There’s no reason they should only sell one single off-road vehicle.

Deleted member 3063

Detroit Free Press Aug 10 2019, link below
Scores of Wrangler owners reached out to the Free Press after the paper reported on the issue last year, with many saying their Wrangler had been in the shop multiple times without the issue being resolved. Many described the experience as disturbing, and one even offered that “there are bull riders down here in Arizona wearing rodeo champion buckles that have not been shaken that badly.”

As a result of a class action suit- "Mall crawlers unite"
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles says it has fix for Jeep 'Death Wobble'
Those suing are not impressed.

Quirks the hardcore wheelers will accept as the price of admission the average daily driver will not. Many of the "average owners" wouldn't care if their Wrangler was 2wd because it still looks cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Detroit Free Press Aug 10 2019, link below
Scores of Wrangler owners reached out to the Free Press after the paper reported on the issue last year, with many saying their Wrangler had been in the shop multiple times without the issue being resolved. Many described the experience as disturbing, and one even offered that “there are bull riders down here in Arizona wearing rodeo champion buckles that have not been shaken that badly.”

As a result of a class action suit-
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles says it has fix for Jeep 'Death Wobble'
Interesting, so a long known steering damper fix finally gets paid for by Jeep?

I thought the latest supposed solution was the new steering box?

Deleted member 3063

Interesting, so a long known steering damper fix finally gets paid for by Jeep?
I thought the latest supposed solution was the new steering box?
Well that's the last word I've heard from FCA. My dad had a system when his shook,
a couple short/sharp jerks on the wheel while braking and he continued on his way.
I'd look at him and he'd look back and say in his dad voice, "WHAT" lol

Joker352

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Changes aside, just keep in mind that Fiat Chrysler and Peugeot just merged. Gonna be interesting to see how that affects reliability and such.
Sponsored