Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's a Ford. It's a Bronco. It's a Raptor. There was no choice involved.
Sponsored

rtbarry

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My JLURubicon experience has been pretty flawless, and she's been ridden hard, on- and off-road. But everything I've learned from Bronco owners, especially those who were Jeepers before, is that the Bronco does 90%+ of what a Rubi does, and a whole bunch of other stuff better, particularly on-road. So the Jeep is going to my dad in Colorado once the Bronco arrives.

In general, in my opinion, Ford studied the Wrangler for years and then made a generational leap over the Jeep with the Bronco.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Death Wobble, Reliability, Looks, Engine, and Tech.

The Bronco stomps the jeep in all these areas. Sure, the Jeep is better at rock crawling, but at the cost of eventual death wobble. Jeeps are known for subpar reliability, but they are far from the absolute worst, however my Bronco experience suggests that I went with the right choice. It flat out is the better looking vehicle. The 2.7 stomps all the sub-$70k Jeep engine choices. Finally, pre-2024, there was absolutely no question about the Ford tech package being better... Show me the FORSCAN equivalent in the Jeep, it doesn't exist.

I have owned Jeeps in the past. I have 2 Bronco OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 with tow package, both 2 door models. One has the lux and the other has the high package, I recommend the high package unless you absolutely cannot go without adaptive cruise control.
The 2.7 beats the 3.6 mopar in Hp and torque but I’ve torn a couple (3.6’s) down and I’d rather deal with repairing an out of warranty 3.6 over any eco boost. For long term ownership a lot of the tech really makes me apprehensive. I’m a fan of KISS (keep it simple stupid) 🤷🏻‍♂️

FWIW I sold my built14 JKUR for my HE and I wouldn’t go back👊🏼

mostfrantic

Badlands
First Name
Hesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 22 Ram AEV Prospector XL, stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was definitely on the fence with the Rubicon vs Bronco debate. I was in the market for an offroad capable daily driver to replace my Raptor. I wanted to keep it near stock for awhile. There are a couple of factors that played a big part in my decision: the only jeep motor I wanted was the diesel, price/availability, 35s stock, and interior. You cant do the diesel and 35s stock (you can later, but I was looking at initial purchase). MSRP wise my jeep build was over 5k higher than my bronco build (not counting getting new wheels and tires etc). This isnt a life or death decision to me. Initial cost played a big part in my decision, then I changed my mind and modded it anyway. Happy with the Bronco.

Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? IMG_6512.JPEG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have both a 2 door JK and a 4 door Bronco. I gotta tell you, it’s nice not having to worry about that damn death wobble, aka constipation curer.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 2.7 beats the 3.6 mopar in Hp and torque but I’ve torn a couple (3.6’s) down and I’d rather deal with repairing an out of warranty 3.6 over any eco boost. For long term ownership a lot of the tech really makes me apprehensive. I’m a fan of KISS (keep it simple stupid) 🤷🏻‍♂️

FWIW I sold my built14 JKUR for my HE and I wouldn’t go back👊🏼
I have a computer and avionics background, so I am ok with the tech, but you are correct in that repair of an ecoboost that requires a teardown is not nearly as straight forward as a 3.6 jeep motor.

The ecoboost (in my personal experience) has been crazy reliable (2.7 with 80k and 3.5 with 250k miles). External component failures (water pumps, ac condenser, alternators) is no worse than any other vehicle. I do know that replacement of the oil pump belt is a pain in the ass on the 2.7 and probably the one thing that I think is a poorly thought out part of the engine for long term maintenance of the platform.

ResEng68

Badlands
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was definitely on the fence with the Rubicon vs Bronco debate. I was in the market for an offroad capable daily driver to replace my Raptor. I wanted to keep it near stock for awhile. There are a couple of factors that played a big part in my decision: the only jeep motor I wanted was the diesel, price/availability, 35s stock, and interior. You cant do the diesel and 35s stock (you can later, but I was looking at initial purchase). MSRP wise my jeep build was over 5k higher than my bronco build (not counting getting new wheels and tires etc). This isnt a life or death decision to me. Initial cost played a big part in my decision, then I changed my mind and modded it anyway. Happy with the Bronco.

Ford Bronco What made you choose Bronco over Jeep Wrangler? IMG_6512.JPEG
Wonderful looking bronco. My wife snagged the diesel, and I must say that it's a hell of a powerplant. We'd have gone with a bronco similar to yours if our option were Jeep's t4-banger and NA-6. The 2.7L eco is a great engine.

I will note that the diesel is somewhat unique in actually allowing for 35s (tiny rub on 12.5s, good clearance on pizza cutters). It's mostly a result of their aggressive bump stops (travel restrictions) and the extra 1" lift.

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have owned three Jeeps in my lifetime. Last one was a 2015 JKU... all built by me. Loved all of them. Buying the Bronco for me at my age (68) was more of a retirement gift for me. The return of the Bronco in and of itself was the major factor in ordering one. While the differences between the older full size Bronco and the new Bronco are as different as day and night, the hype over months and months before production locked me in. Ordered in July 20...23 months later it was delivered. Was worth the wait. Had my Jeep to get me through the wait. Finally gave my Jeep to my grandson. Really loving the Bronco.....

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My build date.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have owned three Jeeps in my lifetime. Last one was a 2015 JKU... all built by me. Loved all of them. Buying the Bronco for me at my age (68) was more of a retirement gift for me. The return of the Bronco in and of itself was the major factor in ordering one. While the differences between the older full size Bronco and the new Bronco are as different as day and night, the hype over months and months before production locked me in. Ordered in July 20...23 months later it was delivered. Was worth the wait. Had my Jeep to get me through the wait. Finally gave my Jeep to my grandson. Really loving the Bronco.....
So glad you're loving your Bronco!

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Ford sales guy informs me that the Wrangler side mirrors come off with the doors which technically make driving it that way illegal, while the Bronco mirrors are separate from the doors. Any truth to this?

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Ford sales guy informs me that the Wrangler side mirrors come off with the doors which technically make driving it that way illegal, while the Bronco mirrors are separate from the doors. Any truth to this?
It’a “illegal” but uninforced to drive with your doors off from what I was told. Mirrors staying attached is a huge plus though.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We all know that the real reason that people choose the Bronco over the Jeep is that they didn't want it assumed they married their sister or 1st cousin.... LOL.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes it is illegal (at least in the states I'm aware of. A driver side mirro is required in addition to 1 other mirror, be either the rear view or the passenger side.

When I took my jeep doors off, I just had a driver side add on mirror I used.
Sponsored