Sponsored

What changes you think Jeep will make to the Wrangler??

Gulley13

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 1996 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I could see Wrangler go IFS on all but Rubicon.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep made 2wd wranglers, recently, but they stopped because they didnt sell well, except in Florida, haha,

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I thought for sure the Bronco would have a SFA as the base in the 20/25K range ( aka troller setup) , even if only for the first few years, and if they sold then continue to produce after that. Then the higher models getting the IFS and the higher price tag. But Ford had better ideas. :D

Now that the 3X Hammers King, Randy Slawson, has won a 21 Bronc, he maybe be the first to build a SFA swap. He is a hell of a fabricator. And for those who might not know, he built the Every Man Challenge winner this year and it says a lot when someone buys your car and races for the first time, in that class, and wins. Yes Lite Brite had a Bomber as well but they did not finish first, albeit they were in the Hammers race (4400) not the EMC. Not to take anything away them. they did finish and THAT says a lot in a Hammers race.

......more to the thread I agree Jeep will get big screen, bigger tires, better drivetrain, lockers avail in the lower models. Small changes like this I can see coming to keep up with the Bronc, but I doubt it will lose the SFA. They will always claim that it is better than the Bronc's IFS. I can't wait to show them what BUILT FORD TOUGH really means. :D
For sure. Lite Brite finishing 23rd (I believe) was pretty darn impressive. Kevin killed it.

Last edited:

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
if I were Jeep, I’d re vamp the Cherokee to compete with the bronco with IFS.

Keep wrangler much the same

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jeep made 2wd wranglers, recently, but they stopped because they didnt sell well, except in Florida, haha,
Wait, what?
There's plenty of 2-door Wranglers on the dealer's lot. Am I missing an inside joke?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 wheel drive

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think we have already started to see how Jeep will respond, it was not by accident the 392 was announced in the same time period as the Bronco was released. Ford will answer with the Warhog and it will turn into the same competition as the Raptor, TRX, ZR2...... We will get to see some good shit in the next few years, along with big price tags... jmo.... 🤔

mikkibtune

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition King Ranch, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MY PERSONAL DREAM LIST :

1. Maybe fixed their horrendous peeling paint issue ? ( hoods, doors, etc My poor mother in law has had to have her JL repainted TWICE)
2. Maybe let an American Company buy out Stellantis instead if the three WORST cars companies in the world now having control over MOPAR ( Fiat, Renault , Peugeot )
3. increasing the arm / side room they took away with the JL ?
4. Creating better parts flow
And inventory so customers don’t have to return 2-3 times for the most minor of service scenarios or leave their vehicle at the dealers for over a week for
Relatively minor sh*t parts that SHOULD be in stock . ( Joh know- your recall items , tsb items , common failure items etc

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I could not disagree more.

Jeep will feel the pinch for the next 3 years. They will have to actually innovate once hard core Jeep guys get to drive a Bronco.

SFA is dead, long live IFS!
I read this but most of the offroading innovations into the mainstream market of come from Jeep. internal Sway bar discos, Front rear lockers, high articulation. Low gears, pre-wired aux, hybrid drivetrain. Only thing that is nice and new on the Bronco is the cameras and big screen which Jeep already added 2024. IFS is not new, lol. Bronco took some of those and improved on them. Evolution, not innovation. One foot throttle? Mirrors on the body? Trail turn? Those are not ground breaking. Most can be and have been added with a firm wear update.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read this but most of the offroading innovations into the mainstream market of come from Jeep. internal Sway bar discos, Front rear lockers, high articulation. Low gears, pre-wired aux, hybrid drivetrain.
IMO these innovations do not come from Jeep, but from parts manufacturers and performance companies.

Demand may well have come from the Jeep drivers, but there are similar demands by every automotive enthusiast for most any vehicle platform.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Competition is a good thing. It keeps everyone on their toes and trying to out-do the other guys. So what changes do you think Jeep will make to the Wrangler in the near future based on what the Bronco is offering??

My two biggest things I think they will change are finally making body mounted mirrors. And making a removable panel for the rear passengers on the four door. Can't see them going IFS. But you never know,
Who cares....I have a Bronco!!

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

they really need to fix the steering..... get rid of the box and go to a modern system like the Bronco has. I've never met a jeep owner yet who doesn't struggle with keeping their jeep in one lane.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@vzqhsg

Ok, yeah that is true. I give. Jeep has done well listening. Unless you go Hydro you cannot put a rack system on a SFA. I do not mind the steering system on the jeep. Most of the issues are because of caster angle not being enough but also just issues with a SFA
Sponsored