First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. Its the roof articulation just rubbing all the time.
Is it accurate that this will only occur when lowering the top fully - that the 'sunrider' position will not cause rubbing? Thanks
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. Its the roof articulation just rubbing all the time.
Who said that? The owners reporting it have said it's from rubbing going up or down from being slightly off center, or pulled to one side.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same happening with mine…

9254BE0E-7F89-48B5-BF5E-7A59D9CC09E1.jpeg

D0326205-A258-46DD-AB88-114057F284E0.jpeg
With the top fully up and latched, what kind of side to side clearance do you have? I just spoke to my prep people to look for this if when they start arriving. Mine is supposed to ship/deliver this week and I'll try to do some measurements with pics.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You don't need to say "question," before asking a question. The punctuation, at the end of the sentence, informs the reader that you are asking a question.
Question: Did you know that even though you are correct, you sound like a butthole?

Question: Did you consider that if you’re going to be a dick about someone’s sentence structure—and lecture the person about how punctuation works—you should not put an unnecessary and incorrect comma in your first sentence, followed by two unnecessary commas in the second sentence?

jwvice

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Platinum F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With the top fully up and latched, what kind of side to side clearance do you have? I just spoke to my prep people to look for this if when they start arriving. Mine is supposed to ship/deliver this week and I'll try to do some measurements with pics.
At the beach this week with the family so have had the top down since Friday. I’ll find some time in the next couple of days to put it back up and provide some pics of the clearance. I’m curious now to see how much more side-to-side flex there is when I lower the top by myself versus one of my boys helping guide it down from the other side at the same time.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the beach this week with the family so have had the top down since Friday. I’ll find some time in the next couple of days to put it back up and provide some pics of the clearance. I’m curious now to see how much more side-to-side flex there is when I lower the top by myself versus one of my boys helping guide it down from the other side at the same time.
Also, get a shot of any of the paint transfer from the bar to the top frame. Thx

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question: Did you know that even though you are correct, you sound like a butthole?

Question: Did you consider that if you’re going to be a dick about someone’s sentence structure—and lecture the person about how punctuation works—you should not put an unnecessary and incorrect comma in your first sentence, followed by two unnecessary commas in the second sentence? No
Answer... You may want to relearn comma usage.

Edit: I have added links to a couple great resources, for your perusal. The first is a classic, with which I am certain you are familiar; the second is a newer, more fun reference.

https://www.amazon.com/Elements-Style-Fourth-William-Strunk/dp/020530902X

https://www.amazon.com/Woe-Grammarphobes-Guide-Better-English/dp/157322331X

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like it maybe worth getting the sport bars wrapped in PFF to avoid this.
PPF will most likely get damaged from opening and closing causing this to happen no matter what unfortunately.

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get 3M clear tape paint protection film for cheap on Amazon. Would cost $15 for enough to do this per side. Also I can confirm on our mannequin this problem was apparent the very first time I took the top down. Hasn't completely rubbed the paint off but if I dropped the top another few times I'm sure it would.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve test driven two soft tops at local dealers (Fox and Borgman here in Grand Rapids MI). Both had ribs right behind the rear door. I thought maybe they were early production. Interesting (and discouraging) to see in a delivered unit.
I took out the one at Tony Bentten the other day nice ride! Can't wait for mine!

Sponsored

Syphon

Black Diamond
First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had the soft top down all the way a couple of times now. Mainly took the rear and side windows off and left them off for two days. Opened and closed the top at night and morning, also when not driving to keep the seats cool ( the sun heats up the MGV very quickly, I noticed this rub on the roll bar. Will be talking with the dealer about it this in the near future. The soft top frame has a little lateral play. when closing it up, the frame can rub if it isn't lifted perfectly even left to right.

1627208768693.png
I just got my black diamond on Saturday and noticed the little movement side to side, I'm going to have to keep an on that. Going to let my dealer know also! Keep us posted, and I'll do the same. Might be an issue down the road.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally unacceptable - entirely foreseeable problem. Who the hell designed this, the B team? It's not like this is the first time someone has put a soft top on a vehicle. Makes me question my judgement.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Answer... You may want to relearn comma usage.

Edit: I have added links to a couple great resources, for your perusal. The first is a classic, with which I am certain you are familiar; the second is a newer, more fun reference.

https://www.amazon.com/Elements-Style-Fourth-William-Strunk/dp/020530902X

https://www.amazon.com/Woe-Grammarphobes-Guide-Better-English/dp/157322331X
I’m a journalist and well familiar with these resources, as well as the Chicago and AP style guides. Your comma usage is incorrect, as is your use of ellipses.

I am also familiar with bitter trolls who, when faced with self-hatred and having nothing better to say (or value to offer), attack people about their grammar.
Sponsored