First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is what I have available right now as I’m out at lunch. This PPF film was on the vehicle anywhere the top touched, which was the back quarter panel and rear diagonal roll bar. It was chewed up a bit so it was easy to see the problem.

7F168F0B-1C57-4BFB-93EB-94928E42EAC5.jpeg
Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So there must be some lateral adjustment in how the top is bolted down to the body at the top of the cargo area?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the exact same issue. The scratch in the picture is actually from when they put the soft top on at MAP. When I first put the soft top all the way back the metal hinge in the picture rubbed against the C pillar further up scratching it even more. Almost identical spot as the picture earlier in this thread. It happened the second day I had the vehicle and I reported it to my dealer right away. My soft top sits almost immediately against the C pillar on the driver side and has an inch and a half of clearance on the passenger side so my dealer is taking it in next Tuesday to repaint the entire C pillar and to adjust the soft top. They said they would need the vehicle for 7 to 8 business days. All covered by Ford and they are giving me a loaner but stinks I have to go so long without it.
Ford Bronco Soft top rubbing and wearing paint on Bronco roll bar [updated with TSB Fix] 23C0BD86-0CDD-434D-861C-11543D1FD581
It’s amazing how little paint they use on a brand new vehicle wtf does the paint look thin or thick to you thin paint is no good

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The airbags are on the inside of the bar correct? And the scratch is on the outside? I have not seen a Bronco yet but that is my assumption. If true you could ppf the outside right? Also you can buy roles of Xpel from Amazon. I did the painted door entry on my Raptor after seeing my German Shepard scratch it the first time he jumped in. It was easy to do all 4 and was inexpensive. The roll was already the correct width I just had to cut to length, watch a couple videos and install.

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well crap… I just changed my order yesterday to soft top. I’m confused what to do at this point…

I live in St. Louis, MO so there is no major reason to go one top over the other. My plan so far is wait a few years and buy a hardtop then change the top out every half year.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s amazing how little paint they use on a brand new vehicle wtf does the paint look thin or thick to you thin paint is no good
Ford is notorious for thin paint coatings. The DuPont reps claimed 50-75% more on other automakers. They did have a vested interest in more paint application…….

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question……Does a new Bronco come with a touch up bottle of paint?
You don't need to say "question," before asking a question. The punctuation, at the end of the sentence, informs the reader that you are asking a question.
Sponsored