Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I remember seeing that problem on one of the pre production models that was running around my area. I was thinking that Ford would remedy that problem for the production models. Oh well, wrong again. However, according to my dearest I'm wrong quite often.

If it were mine I would have the dealer touch that up, and get some felt tape to wrap the area of the frame that's hitting the bar. Yeah I'm old, and always look for the easy way out whenever possible. :)
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This seems like an easy enough fix. Any recommendations on a brand that has good adhesion / wearability?
Why are you people settling for home made rig jobs for the money you paying for these things they should be perfect make sure all these issues are documented with ford so they can fix them instead of doing stupid rig jobs

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just got back from a test drive at Galpin. They got their soft top demo yesterday. It already has wear down to the metal. And I put the top down all the way for my driving, so it's got maybe 150 miles on it? BUT, good news, I loved the test drive. My salesperson literally gave me he keys and said, just bring it back sometime. Haha! I love the Bronco.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got back from a test drive at Galpin. They got their soft top demo yesterday. It already has wear down to the metal. And I put the top down all the way for my driving, so it's got maybe 150 miles on it? BUT, good news, I loved the test drive. My salesperson literally gave me he keys and said, just bring it back sometime. Haha! I love the Bronco.
Seems like ford isent using a lot of paint on the bronco paint seems thin which is sad . Christ the more issues that keep popping up with these the less excited I get. im an early res without a build date or vin cause I got 2 door with all the sins so hopefully I’m pushed to 22 my 21 is going to be filled with issues it looks like

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's going to take awhile for Ford to get their act together with soft and hard tops....as we are all seeing. The side soft top windows on the bronco also look bad. We know all the hard top issues including someone posting a leak. I expect we will see more issues once these really start rolling out.

I went thru this with Jeep. The JL soft and hard tops are pretty good. I had more issues with my TJ and JL Jeeps.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Difference between the Jeep rollbars and the Bronco's are that their are airbag curtains in the Bronco that would be inhibited from opening correctly in the event of a crash.

Come to think of it @flip , would PPF also inhibit the airbags? Having been in an accident with airbags before I would feel that the force of the airbags inflating would rip through PPF fairly easy but I have never worked with PPF. Also not sure if the force is equal to that which comes from the steering wheel.
Yea, don’t put anything over curtain or seat air bags.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a known issue.

I know that because I took photos of a preproduction vehicle with PPF over certain areas in the back to protect the paint from soft top.

If anyone needs to see the photos I’m happy to post.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a known issue.

I know that because I took photos of a preproduction vehicle with PPF over certain areas in the back to protect the paint from soft top.

If ford knew about this when the preproduction units were out then why didn’t they fix this garbage before they started shipping. I’m not jumping off the ship yet but getting close that new geko green color jeep got looks tempting but the Jeep’s are costing way more than what my Sasquatch black diamond will cost. The bronco is the better bang for your money it’s just the quality isent there yet

Sponsored

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a known issue.

Please

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Weres the drummer wonder if he has any info on the production issues shit show. I think ford needs to just take a step back and retool and do what they got to do to get these Broncos built wright . They don’t need anymore bad press

bbarnshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the exact same issue. The scratch in the picture is actually from when they put the soft top on at MAP. When I first put the soft top all the way back the metal hinge in the picture rubbed against the C pillar further up scratching it even more. Almost identical spot as the picture earlier in this thread. It happened the second day I had the vehicle and I reported it to my dealer right away. My soft top sits almost immediately against the C pillar on the driver side and has an inch and a half of clearance on the passenger side so my dealer is taking it in next Tuesday to repaint the entire C pillar and to adjust the soft top. They said they would need the vehicle for 7 to 8 business days. All covered by Ford and they are giving me a loaner but stinks I have to go so long without it.
Ford Bronco Soft top rubbing and wearing paint on Bronco roll bar [updated with TSB Fix] CB1F0176-24D1-4ABE-A6E4-FAA1F02BF0BD
Sponsored