North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Been lurking for a while. Thanks for the info on the dealers. I buy used cars and this is one of my only new vehicles and a high commodity at that. I didn't get a purchase agreement. I am asking the dealer now and they have gotten a bit squirely. They already mentioned they will be adding ADM on some models and haven't called me back in two days. So, y'all likely saved me $5k, at least, and/or not losing the order. It is Lindsay Ford in Silver Spring, MD. I will move my order to another nearby dealer on the forum list that shows no ADM.
Can I get my deposit back from the Dealer?
What is the process? Move the order to new dealer, then ask for deposit back?
They seem to have you by the cojones after it is delivered/in production.
Another question, could you move the order to another dealer after it has been delivered?
Do you have a reservation you made through ford.com?

Have you placed the actual order with the dealer yet?

Edit: removed, corrected per @ZackDanger post below.

If you have place an actual order with the dealer then you are locked in. If you want to back out and the only deposit you made was the $100 Reservation Deposit, yes, it is refundable. If you made an additional deposit to your dealer, what were the terms of the deposit, were they refundable or non-refundable, important details to understand before ordering a vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a reservation you made through ford.com?

Have you placed the actual order with the dealer yet?

If you have a reservation and you HAVE NOT placed the actual order with the dealer yet then you can call Ford Customer Service to have your reservation assigned to another dealer but first find one who will give you a commitment in writing on pricing.

If you have place an actual order with the dealer then you are locked in. If you want to back out and the only deposit you made was the $100 Reservation Deposit, yes, it is refundable. If you made an additional deposit to your dealer, what were the terms of the deposit, were they refundable or non-refundable, important details to understand before ordering a vehicle.
I believe the window for transferring has closed.

In the FAQs it used to list a date where you couldnā€™t transfer after, and now they donā€™t even mention the ability to transfer (that I could find).

Since Order banks are open and you could technically just walk into a dealership at random and order in the spot, I believe they expect people to do that or know with dealership they want to use.

If someone doesnā€™t want to convert at the dealership they recently reserved with, they will need to cancel that reservation for a refund and start over.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you already work with your selected dealership on the Bronco version and attributes you want and agree on a price? Then it seems a matter of the dealership placing the order soon as Ford is open to accept?
Not yet. I made the generic selection of model only when I entered my reservation and paid my $100. In other words, I could only choose 4 door Black Diamond - there was never a spot on the reservation site to enter any options.

Iā€™d been in contact with my salesman before entering the reservation, letting him know that it was coming. He emailed me the day after entering my reservation to let me know that itā€™s in the system and that I should receive an email from Ford when it was time to actually place an order with options, agree on price, etc.

johnston.zach

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been lurking for a while. Thanks for the info on the dealers. I buy used cars and this is one of my only new vehicles and a high commodity at that. I didn't get a purchase agreement. I am asking the dealer now and they have gotten a bit squirely. They already mentioned they will be adding ADM on some models and haven't called me back in two days. So, y'all likely saved me $5k, at least, and/or not losing the order. It is Lindsay Ford in Silver Spring, MD. I will move my order to another nearby dealer on the forum list that shows no ADM.
Can I get my deposit back from the Dealer?
What is the process? Move the order to new dealer, then ask for deposit back?
They seem to have you by the cojones after it is delivered/in production.
Another question, could you move the order to another dealer after it has been delivered?
Once you move dealers Ford refunds the deposit automatically

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came across this post on a 6th Gen FB page. Hope everyone got a signed purchase agreement when they ordered their bronco.
Would it be possible to update your first post with more information such as what was provided on page 43 post 636 from Raptor22?

So 45 pages later, not gonna read the other 43 did the dealer make it right or not?
See above

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ā€˜21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Shame that this happened but itā€™s a simple lesson. If you donā€™t have a contract with the dealer, you have nothing. So, number 1, if you really want the vehicle, sign a contract. Number 2: read the damn contract! I know they are long, type is small and its all so boring. But nobody reads these things. Make sure it is specific where it matters (like price). When buying a car of uncertain timing or availability, get a ā€œdrop deadā€ clause (something that allows you to terminate and get any deposit back in full if you havenā€™t been able to take delivery by some outside date). Lastly, donā€™t get emotional at dealerships. Itā€™s the standard thing: the friendly salesperson followed by the annoying back-office guy, Expect it and get through it. If you canā€™t get it on your terms, just get up and leave, do not remonstrate. I know this is all apple pie and motherhood, but its amazing that few follow these basic steps.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think most the confusion for people is that they are familiar with buying things online, and since the reservation process starts off online, it feels familiar. The dealership getting to tack ADM after you've placed your reservation and even your order is completely unheard of with "online" purchases.

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiosity, If my dealer decides to eff me over, am I able to call ford and cancel my order? So, the dealer doesn't receive my Bronco order?

Hopefully this doesn't happen but if it does, I'll probably cancel my order and get a Defender instead.

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiosity, If my dealer decides to eff me over, am I able to call ford and cancel my order? So, the dealer doesn't receive my Bronco order?

Hopefully this doesn't happen but if it does, I'll probably cancel my order and get a Defender instead.
Orders are in. Your dealer will get it if you back out. This was the plan all along guys - don't be so naive.

Sponsored

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer would not give me a contract, they said they canā€™t my a contract on something they donā€™t have, I did get an text and email as to MSRP with no dealer markup. So I hope this works for me

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer would not give me a contract, they said they canā€™t my a contract on something they donā€™t have, I did get an text and email as to MSRP with no dealer markup. So I hope this works for me
Itā€™s a great start . The rest Of the story you will know when you go to pick up your bronco

ApexNCBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
The Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just emailed my dealership in Apex NC to confirm and go this reply! Thats souther hospitality at its best!

"Your price will be as quoted or lower, since Ford made some price cuts on a few things. We can see whether any incentives or affinity programs apply at time of sale. We will indeed honor the MSRP as per agreement. "
Sponsored