First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
to admit I'm doing N-O rock climbing, NONE ..... I'm ONLY concerned with heavy snow, mileage and driving in sand when I surf fish.....

which trim level should I start researching ?

appreciate it ?
Sponsored

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sport.....

honestly, whatever "look" you really like, or whatever you wish to spend.
For most tech & luxury go for the Outer Banks

No need to Squash any of them, of course

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
to admit I'm doing N-O rock climbing, NONE ..... I'm ONLY concerned with heavy snow, mileage and driving in sand when I surf fish.....

appreciate it ?
Sasquatch+manual because there is no other option worth looking at.
All honesty, base will get you wherever you need, everything on top of that is luxury.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, hard to say without knowing how you will use it. Snow and sand conditions vary greatly.

I use 4wd and 4lo on my Tacoma weekly. I drive through fields, rough 2 tracks, seasonal forest service roads, logging roads, mud, snow, moderate water crossings. I’m driving to hunting camps in BC, MT, WY, CO, in all kinds of conditions.

I’m getting the BD, although I would be getting the Badlands if this wasn’t a 4th vehicle.

you should at the very least get a model with rear locker.

Sponsored

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looks like you might want a base or big bend. outer banks or wialdtrak if you have the money. black diamond and badlands have the rock crawley stuff.

rmillermich

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Base

appreciate it ?
I watched the english guy designer and he is looking at the black diamond, which was my reservation so nice confirmation of my choice. I'm currently deciding between manual 2.3 and the auto/2.7/sasquatch but don't have to decide for a while. I may just do the manual and go with the optional aluminum rims, not a fan of steel rims, too much weight, and based on all the videos, it's probably plenty of off road capable with stock stuff to keep the price down.

on a side note i bought a 2014 JK and added a lift and took it up to the UP where I went to college and did the logging trails to keystone at the tip of the keweenaw peninsula and crawled through the woods a forded a river and after accomplishing that goal proceeded to sell it (for a bit more than i paid) as it was just horrible on the road. Was just a bucket list type of thing, but i really want to head out to Moab and the roads out there with the bronco, hopefully comfortable on the road and still able to do the slick rock and camp in out of the way places.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looks like you might want a base or big bend. outer banks or wialdtrak if you have the money. black diamond and badlands have the rock crawley stuff.
I would not consider the BD a rock crawler. Weaker front axle, too high of gears, no front locker. It is though what I would consider the base level for a serious off road vehicle that will see a decent amount of trail use in a variety of conditions. I would never own a vehicle designed to leave the highway without a rear locker or limited slip, even in a 2wd. If you buy base or big bend, they will need rear diff upgrade.

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would never own a vehicle designed to leave the highway without a rear locker or limited slip, even in a 2wd.
me and my Cherokee are very mad at you right now

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

appreciate it ?
Save your money, get a base. You’ll do fine in everything you’ve listed. Then switch to better tires when the stock ones are done. Enjoy, rinse and repeat.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any preferences as far as the tech packages? Have to start with OB or higher if you want the High or Lux package.

Do you want the washout interior (rubberized flooring, marine vinyl, active drains) to help with cleaning up melting snow and sand? That's BD or BL.

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How well do you think the steal armor on the BD and BL will hold up in heavy salting states? The road in Ohio turn white with the amount of salt they put down.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would not consider the BD a rock crawler. Weaker front axle, too high of gears, no front locker. It is though what I would consider the base level for a serious off road vehicle that will see a decent amount of trail use in a variety of conditions. I would never own a vehicle designed to leave the highway without a rear locker or limited slip, even in a 2wd. If you buy base or big bend, they will need rear diff upgrade.
whoa ?

weaker front axle- so what. My 7 year old wrangler has dana30 front axle and running 35”. Bronco BD is stronger with tires it comes with.

Too high of gears- so what. A BD has better differential gear than a Jeep rubicon that only has 4.1. So Bronco gear ratio still better than Jeep Rubicon built to rock crawl and run the Rubicon trail.

no front locker- So what? I don’t have a front locker on my non rubicon wrangler. Been climbing rocks for years.

everyone can buy whatever they want. But don’t for a second think these non locker Broncos are not very capable. And remember it is only an opinion of kodiakisland put out for you to read. At least I can comment to actual real life experiences with the limited off road capable vehicle I use as a daily driver.
I would not scare new owners into thinking they have to lock up a rear to go off the highway like he posted above, that’s just bonkers to tell people that.
Sponsored