ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought a JLUR two weeks ago for invoice. Look outside Atlanta, I’m in Harrisburg PA and we have a few on the lots if you are looking. Saw a nice willys yesterday on the lot.

https://www.faulknercdjrf.com/new/J...urg,+PA+-de81eba00a0e09b03445d59504d3a8c8.htm
Yeah. I am sure it is regional. I have the Bronco reserved at invoice, giving me a $57k price on a loaded Badlands. A loaded JLUR local looks like I’d need to be prepared to pay $65k and immediately buy new wheels and tires. That’s if I stay local of course.
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah. I am sure it is regional. I have the Bronco reserved at invoice, giving me a $57k price on a loaded Badlands. A loaded JLUR local looks like I’d need to be prepared to pay $65k and immediately buy new wheels and tires. That’s if I stay local of course.
Good to have options, one of the best things about the Bronco coming back.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think he has a very rational point, the Bronco isn't better enough than the Jeep for him to wait more than a year to get a similar configuration.

I think the dude did a good job laying out what he likes and dislikes about each.
People are knocking him for that, but its less a d**k move than being "deadset" on a bronco but complaining about waiting for one every.single.hour.

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think Tommy's comparison was fair. I have Gladiator now and all his points comparing the two are valid.

My hardtop blows away the Bronco hardtop. It looks way better, simpler in design, and functions perfectly. I have taken the top and panels off many times. No noise issues. Fit and finish are fantastic. The Bronco MIC is a total turd sandwich. It looks cheap and thin, the sound deadening is a joke. It looks like felt carpet and it sheds.

The Gladiator cools off the back passengers just fine. I am really worried about the Bronco not doing the same. My 4Runner had crappy cooling in the rear, and the kids hated it. Part of cooling off is air blowing on you. Just turn your AC on high then point the vents away from you. It is nowhere close to the same feeling. it gets to 110 here in the summer. So it is a big deal for us.

The JLs and JTs drive great. I know everyone wants to poopoo all over the solid front axle, but it is well refined and the difference is marginal. I have 35s and regularly pull a 26ft travel trailer. I wouldn't do that if the truck felt unstable on the road.

My sound system rocks. I am worried the Bronco's will not.

Tommy's mentioning of the wait time is valid. He is speaking to someone looking at both vehicles. You can go get a Wrangler today, Bronco may be more than a year out if you order now. That is a valid argument.

Everyone wants Tommy to regret his choice and love the Bronco. He gave a fair review of the two and was still happy with his choice. People have to stop getting so butt hurt over Bronco reviews that are not all rainbows and sunshine.

To be honest, the major thing that keeps me leaning towards the Bronco, is the rear side air bags. I got kids and I don't like them not having the air bags. I still love a lot about it, but there seem to be some realities that are deflating my excitement.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When the bottom line is that he's not willing to do something everyone has to do, i.e.: wait. It takes the wind out of his argument. It's strawmaning at it's finest. Not to mention, him and his dad have both been sniping at the Bronco ever since Ford pulled their press passes for being assholes.
Your premise has a major problem due to a Bronco bias (which is fine). “Everyone” doesn’t have to wait a year or two for a Bronco, only people that have to have a Bronco have to wait. Someone just looking for an off-road vehicle doesn’t HAVE to wait at all as there are plenty of other options out there. For this type of person, the wait is a very relevant component to their decision.

And it is not straw-Manning either.

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

listening to him stammer and awe shucks his way around saying the Jeep handles acceptably on the open road did me in. A good friend bought a brand new Jeep and did everything to it only to get rid of it a couple of months later as it was basically unbearable to drive on the freeway. Knocking the independent suspension on the Bronco while driving the vehicle that created the term Death Wobble is a complete joke.
*I give 100% credit to the rear air vents. Foolish of Ford and next to the Hard Top mess, may be the biggest knock. I also will be replacing my dash speakers and be fine audio wise.

Curious, does anybody think his 2 door looks good? It screams Geo Metro with a lift to me

Last edited:

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whereas, if you remove the strawman, his argument falls apart completely, because he admits himself that he thinks the Bronco is superior to the Jeep.
Where did he "admit that the Bronco is superior to the Jeep"? He stated his likes/dislikes of each and it IS a factor as others has said that he can go buy a brand new Wrangler today for 35K off the lot. I think you may be putting your own 2 cents into the video rather than interpreting it for what it is. Your strawman is a strawman.

listening to him stammer and awe shucks his way around saying the Jeep handles acceptably on the open road did me in. A good friend bought a brand new Jeep and did everything to it only to get rid of it a couple of months later as it was basically unbearable to drive on the freeway. Knocking the independent suspension on the Bronco while driving the vehicle that created the term Death Wobble is a complete joke.
*I give 100% credit to the rear air vents. Foolish of Ford and next to the Hard Top mess, may be the biggest knock. I also will be replacing my dash speakers and be fine audio wise.

Curious, does anybody think his 2 door looks good? It screams Geo Metro with a lift to me
For one, the JL Wrangler DOES handle well on road. Did your friend have a brand new JL Wrangler? I see lots of people talking about how bad the Wrangler is on road but haven't even driven or even been in the new JL Wrangler....not a late model JK or any other Wrangler but a JL. There were some that had a steering issue as well that needed to be fixed. I have a 2 door JL Rubicon and it drives like a small SUV on the highway.
I do think Tommy's Wrangler looks good. It seems like you want to hate just to hate especially with that "Geo Metro with a lift" bad joke. It is possible to be excited about the new Bronco and also respect why people like their Jeeps.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife and I actually like the TFL guys. We live couple blocks away from Andre and been following them ever since I got my truck couple years back and us owning 2 jeeps as well. My wife has 2 4dr BL orders and she’s been driving around Boulder the last 2 days looking for their CO bronco after she watched their videos over the weekend. I told her to just go camp out around the Morrison exit and wait for it to pass on I-70 lol.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The point of the video was to determine if he regrets spending $35k on a Wrangler, not would he rather drive a $65k Bronco than a $35k Wrangler. That Bronco vs that Wrangler, the Bronco is better for overall use.

Now considering the cost and having to use his own money, he'd rather spend $30,000 less on the 2 door Wrangler than a 4 door Bronco because of the cost and It fits his needs better.

He makes a lot of valid points about the shortcomings of the Bronco as well as well known issues with the Wrangler.

I don't know why people are beating him up for spending $35k of his own money. If he wanted to spend that amount on a Bronco right now, he couldn't. Maybe in a year or two, but again that is not the question the video is answering.