De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My biggest concern is if the "fix" for the MIC is going to address all the issues we've heard. They mentioned it being cosmetic only but nothing about the noise and popping that has been experience by several owners. I have little faith in any these quick turnaround fixes.
I wouldn't necessarily call a 3-4 month fix a quick turnaround fix. It's not like they're starting from scratch and creating a new product.
The guy has one post and joined today!
🤔
You sure about that? My membership is much longer than yours! 😂
Ford Bronco 3000 miles in…good, bad and the ugly DhtKWU44ClPZS
Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't necessarily call a 3-4 month fix a quick turnaround fix. It's not like they're starting from scratch and creating a new product.

You sure about that? My membership is much longer than yours! 😂
DhtKWU44ClPZS.gif
I was referring to the OP Spider Jeff lol 😝

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These soft tops just keep sounding worse and worse, and now Ford is pushing for people to switch to them! Bad press for MIC tops, bad press for soft tops. They can't win! Sorry to the folks who switched to the soft top, I would rather wait for a MIC fix.
Stacy, road noise is a relative thing. What's loud for one isn't that loud too others. If you're considering a soft top maybe test drive one if you get a chance, even a Jeep if you can't find a Bronco. Then you can decide for yourself what you think. I've driven GM plastic cars for years, so road noise in the wife's Mustang convertible is non-existent. :)

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hilarious with people posting MPG when they drive 80 and 90MpH 🤷
It probably doesn't matter much to Americans who pay what, $2.75 a gallon and think thats a lot, but you use FOUR times more fuel every time you double your speed...
Doesn't matter if it's 25/50MPH or 100/200MPH.... 4X as much.
Yeah no shit... Your basically driving a brick and you want 30 mpg....

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stacy, road noise is a relative thing. What's loud for one isn't that loud too others. If you're considering a soft top maybe test drive one if you get a chance, even a Jeep if you can't find a Bronco. Then you can decide for yourself what you think. I've driven GM plastic cars for years, so road noise in the wife's Mustang convertible is non-existent. :)
My bad, I didn't mean "sounding" as in the sound inside the vehicle. I meant "sounding" referring to all the negative soft top feedback that keeps coming in.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My bad, I didn't mean "sounding" as in the sound inside the vehicle. I meant "sounding" referring to all the negative soft top feedback that keeps coming in.

10-4 good buddy. I'm wondering though if many are buying their first ever off road soft top vehicle, and are having trouble when they compare it to their Camry/Accord/Explorer etc. Just a thought without any justifying evidence. :)

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It probably doesn't matter much to Americans who pay what, $2.75 a gallon and think thats a lot, but you use FOUR times more fuel every time you double your speed...
I audibly laughed at this. $2.75 a gallon? I think I got gas at $4.75 yesterday. I'm just lucky I only buy 3 gallons to fill up. If my Bronco ever gets here, I'm in for a world of pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you on this. I rarely exceed 70 even if the limit is higher, and not coincidentally I always beat sticker ratings. It has to be a really long trip to realize any significant time savings. (My bikes OTOH, I often ride at felony speeds. Ooops).

I recently test drove a BD SASQ with soft top. Not at all what I expected. The soft was up so I can not speak to other configurations, but there was no drama with noise or visibility, none. Most of the drive was approximately 60 mph. Easy conversation noise level.
My same thoughts after driving a soft top WT. It was quiet and drama free, even with the top down, but with windows up, it made a big difference.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just passed 3000 miles on my Big Bend, which is a very basic rig with four cylinder engine and soft top. The good…..excellent road manners, drives incredibly smooth even at 90 plus mph, far superior to my 2016 Wrangler Rubicon, really no comparison. Even without lift or aggressive tires it handled off road in the Colorado mountains extremely well, even through some pretty rough and rocky trails.
The bad….only 18.3 mpg so far, although to be fair much of it is off road or at higher speeds than most (already got first speeding ticket as well) will drive. I am installing tube steps next week, my wife struggles to get in, the grab handles don’t seem to help, she is just five feet even.
The ugly…the soft top is a pain at best. When stowed all of the way, you lose entire visibility through rear mirror. Removed completely it would solve the problem, but then you wouldn’t have the top available. There is a ton of road noise as well as warm air circulating around the cabin. The three removable panels are a real pain to get back in place properly, easily as bad as the Wrangler soft top, which is a similar nightmare as well.
That’s about it, I have a second order confirmation from January, I plan to use it to buy the one I really wanted, which will be a hardtop six cylinder Sasquatch stick. I fully expect to wait until fall of 22 before I get it, and I also fully expect that I will find a buyer for my current Bronco (even with 30 k miles) at the $39 k price I paid.
I am doing the Off Roadeo in Austin next weekend, which should help me figure exactly how to configure my next order. I feel for all of you waiting for delivery, but trust me that you won’t be disappointed!

02275F8F-199E-4ED3-8DCB-352270373040.jpeg
I keep seeing posts with people mentioning playing around with multiple early reservations. In that case, Bronco demand might be significantly less than some people assume. I wonder the percentage of people who have two (or more using a spouse) reservations?

Also for all the other Ford Bronco customers, are you guys going to sit around until maybe 2023, while a subset of customers dink around with multiple reservations, and maybe even pay more to help Ford subsidize those customers? Asking for a friend, lol.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep seeing posts with people mentioning playing around with multiple early reservations. In that case, Bronco demand might be significantly less than some people assume. I wonder the percentage of people who have two (or more using a spouse) reservations?

Also for all the other Ford Bronco customers, are you guys going to sit around until maybe 2023, while a subset of customers dink around with multiple reservations, and maybe even pay more to help Ford subsidize those customers? Asking for a friend, lol.
Think there is a big market with thoughts of keeping one, and flipping another reservation to your point.

Even when all of the current reservations are delivered (my est. is 140K), there is likely still a ton of demand for a Bronco; it'll be cool for a while and attractive for those who want something other than a Wrangler even if they have no intent to wheel it.

"If" Ford can get these redesigned tops right, think they can crank out both the Broncos and Wabasto can the tops rather quickly. Still a long time from today, but when they start rolling, they'll be rolling quickly.

Overall demand vs. the entire car market may be as you suspect, and with fuel economy which "matters to non-wheelers, poseurs, trendies" more, but that's the majority of the buying market, so that demand will drop off quickly.

Last edited:

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.75 a gallon? I wish some I saw pushing over 5 for premium

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper SE, MIata ND2 GT, Bronco Badland SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice review! The soft top was really a fumble on Fords part. Those savgy windows are really ugly. Also interesting you think the Wrangler has a bad soft top. I have a soft top on my JL and think it’s one of the best on the market. It definitely has more road noise then a hard top, but the windows are really easy to put on and take off. Right now I’m finishing up a 3,000 mile road trip and it’s handled it really well. The warm air thing is just a reality of having a black piece of fabric over your head. Visibility is just an unfortunate reality with the soft tops, but I’ve found that if I have a large velcro strap, I can get the fabric bundled up a but better and reduce flapping. Helps with visibility too, so you may want to try that. I prefer the look of the fastback top on the Bronco, but I have only seen them sporadically.
I agreed, the JLU soft top windows are extremely easy to put on (5min task), I was told the JK are more difficult. As for the Bronco, I think it is more difficult than the JLU. I was at my dealership, and asked if I can do a test drive with the top up. It took us close to 20min, because one of the side windows isn't reaching far enough to slide into the seam. With that being said, I think it has to do with doing it in a cold morning.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only other reservation I have is for the Maverick xlt w fx4… plan on driving that Colorado for my girlfriend and flying home… Maverick may arrive first even with a week one soft top order!!!!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

These are not going to be quiet or economy cars. One of the Granger demos I test drove last weekend had the 2.3 7sp 4 door soft top. Was definitely noisy with the top up but in fairness I had just driven 300 miles in a Lexus ES350. The average gas mileage showed 12.9. It only had 300 miles on it so you need to take that into account. They also put true 35’s on it so……. The 2 door WT on the other hand was quieter and averaged about 14.9mpg but had over 1000 miles on it.
Sponsored