Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The ugly…the soft top is a pain at best. When stowed all of the way, you lose entire visibility through rear mirror. Removed completely it would solve the problem, but then you wouldn’t have the top available.
This is why I think Ford should have offered rear camera mirror for the rear view mirror. Then, regardless of what is in the back seat, cargo area or with the soft top down, you still have full unobstructed view
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you on this. I rarely exceed 70 even if the limit is higher, and not coincidentally I always beat sticker ratings. It has to be a really long trip to realize any significant time savings. (My bikes OTOH, I often ride at felony speeds. Ooops).

My same thoughts after driving a soft top WT. It was quiet and drama free, even with the top down, but with windows up, it made a big difference.
I used to be a sport bike guy 💪🤘
But yeah, people also fail to realize the deminishing returns with distance with regards to speed. A 20 minute commute to work isn't worth driving 80MPH when you oy arrive 3 minutes sooner than doing 70...and over the span of 6 weeks, you're likely burning a full tank of gas more. 🤷

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I audibly laughed at this. $2.75 a gallon? I'd jerk someone off to pay this little. I think I got gas at $4.75 yesterday. I'm just lucky I only buy 3 gallons to fill up. If my Bronco ever gets here, I'm in for a world of pain.
Well, I exaggerated a bit... The national average is currently $3.18
All depends where you live I guess. An hour from where I live, prices are routinely 10 cents cheaper a liter. Not much but still $6 more every fill up.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well stated. Everyday I ask myself, “ so what exactly did my $100 reservation get me?”
Ford keeps showing us, not a thing apparently.

Plus, there is a value to your patience as well.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s this thing called a transmission that you have failed to consider in your calculations.
Lol. Doesn't matter... Rolling resistance, wind resistance, mechanical friction ALL increases proportionally to the square of speed. In this case, mostly to do with air resistance

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I exaggerated a bit... The national average is currently $3.18
All depends where you live I guess. An hour from where I live, prices are routinely 10 cents cheaper a liter. Not much but still $6 more every fill up.
Although gas is expensive on the West Coast, it's not expensive overall compared to what the world pays for gas.

Here in Atlanta, it's more like $3.70 gal, but to your point: A. American's don't know what you Canadians pay for gas. B. Americans don't know what gas costs around the world. C. Americans don't know and don't care what anyone else experiences, we are only concerned with what's happening here and we haven't really been slapped in the face just yet.

Also why we Americans think we drill and process our own gas, which isn't true. Our gas comes from OPEC since they don't care when they sell to us cheap; they're focused on crushing the Russian and Venezuela oil markets.

Our gas from the Gulf, shale, etc is sold mostly in Europe and Asia since it is sold at more than twice what the price is for oil here.

We absorb tons of propaganda here without truly understanding business or how global markets really work.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

👆.. Exactly.

Else show me how I can get a 2.7L in a stick in 22 and I'll defer my Day 1 reservation to get it.
It's coming in the 22 model. Ford has comfirmed that already.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hilarious with people posting MPG when they drive 80 and 90MpH 🤷
It probably doesn't matter much to Americans who pay what, $2.75 a gallon and think thats a lot, but you use FOUR times more fuel every time you double your speed...
Doesn't matter if it's 25/50MPH or 100/200MPH.... 4X as much.
where are you buying gas for 2.75 cuz i wanna come get some of that

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Although gas is expensive on the West Coast, it's not expensive overall compared to what the world pays for gas.

Here in Atlanta, it's more like $3.70 gal, but to your point: A. American's don't know what you Canadians pay for gas. B. Americans don't know what gas costs around the world. C. Americans don't know and don't care what anyone else experiences, we are only concerned with what's happening here and we haven't really been slapped in the face just yet.

Also why we Americans think we drill and process our own gas, which isn't true. Our gas comes from OPEC since they don't care when they sell to us cheap; they're focused on crushing the Russian and Venezuela oil markets.

Our gas from the Gulf, shale, etc is sold mostly in Europe and Asia since it is sold at more than twice what the price is for oil here.

We absorb tons of propaganda here without truly understanding business or how global markets really work.
All great reasons why we need to move to sustainable energy for cars need to get electric vehicles really going and get rid of gas cars

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You also buy a lot of Canadian oil... Oil which we also do not use domestically, but import most of it for our own use 🤷

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hilarious with people posting MPG when they drive 80 and 90MpH 🤷
It probably doesn't matter much to Americans who pay what, $2.75 a gallon and think thats a lot, but you use FOUR times more fuel every time you double your speed...
Doesn't matter if it's 25/50MPH or 100/200MPH.... 4X as much.
Western Freeways are normally posted at 75. Texas has some posed at 80, and doing anything under 5 over is a good way to get run off the road.

I normally drive 85ish on the way to work.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All great reasons why we need to move to sustainable energy for cars need to get electric vehicles really going and get rid of gas cars
Perhaps, but we've got a ways to go in battery tech before off road use becomes a thing for EVs. I'm not totally against the idea, just not ready now. 5-8 years from now my perspective can evolve if an EV can meet my needs. EVs are fun to drive on the road, but all that torque up front is something I question for off road since I prefer to take obstacles slowly.

For the environment, you're spot on indeed. The wildfires and heat out West should be an eye opener for us all.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrong. Absolutely matters. You’re not burning 4 times the fuel going twice the speed as you have stated. You are looking at individual aspects and coming to the wrong conclusion. You need to consider the system as a whole.
You need 4X the power to go 2X as fast...this is ONLY with regards to air resistance. If the engine needs more RPM, that's even more power robbing friction. More friction in the transmission, axles, wheel bearings, etc.
That's all I'm saying. How much fuel you require to make 4X the power....? I dunno. You tell me...
Lol
You don't have to believe physics. You also don't have to believe the earth is a sphere.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I’ve only had my Bronco for 2 weeks but hopefully I’ll continue to love the soft top as much as I do so far. It seems to be much quieter than the TJ Wrangler I used to have, and the materials are much better quality. My wife dreaded me switching to a soft top, but even on the highway at normal speed (65-70) it’s not too loud. I’m only getting 16-18 mpg on my 2.7L but its not even broken in yet, and that is pretty good as that’s all I get in my much lighter and sleeker 2015 Mustang GT.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ugly…the soft top is a pain at best. When stowed all of the way, you lose entire visibility through rear mirror. Removed completely it would solve the problem, but then you wouldn’t have the top available. There is a ton of road noise as well as warm air circulating around the cabin. The three removable panels are a real pain to get back in place properly, easily as bad as the Wrangler soft top, which is a similar nightmare as well.

02275F8F-199E-4ED3-8DCB-352270373040.jpeg
I just switched my order from MIC to soft top (originally it was the order was for dual top), there is only one soft top order in front of me so I rolled the dice hoping making the switch would be worth it.

Is the soft gonna be tolerable until either the aftermarket develops a hard or Ford gets their shit together? Your review makes me worried.
Sponsored