Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Even if that is true, the dealer is not selling it to an exporter, but rather to the customer. And the customer is unrestrained from such issues. They can sell to anyone they please.
JFC, you people are dense. They can’t sell it to him if they have reasonable suspicion that it is being sold for exportation. Per many people in the know here, Ford has rules, and ultimately no dealership wants to piss off the manufacturer and/or potentially face stiff penalties. No one is defending dealers as righteous upholders of all that is good. But in this instance, the OP has no one to blame but himself. He told his friend at the dealership about his intentions to flip…a royally dumbshit move. He then posted an item for sale on an international auction site…an item he did not posses. He fucked up, and he deserves to not get his Bronco because of it. Oh well. Now the dealer will almost certainly sell it with a massive ADM, so fuck them too. OP should have been the one to make that dough, but he fucked up…that part is abundantly clear. Sorry OP

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took a 2015 bottle of EH Taylor Barrel Proof to my daughter and her fiancé for her birthday. Bought the bottle for probably $70 back in 2015. After I gave it to her I looked it up and it was priced on the flipper market for somewhere between $700 and $2000. Crazy. We'll enjoy it at the wedding in a couple of months.
I like your thinking. I am sitting on a bottle of Pappy 23. I won the privilege to purchase it as shelf price in a raffle. I will NOT be opening it at my daughters wedding in a couple of weeks. I will find something else that I have stashed and open it when I retire in a few short years

tstefanic

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

god, how shitty that majority of us are waiting for broncos and this dude's bronco is sitting in a lot, and he's just going to turn around and sell it to make a quick buck.

ALVA DUDE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alright, just like many of you that are reading this, I put my deposit on my bronco the first day I could last year. In May I get my vin and schedule for production. Fast forward to last Wednesday, and my Bronco is Delivered. Just like another dealer had advised me, I put the bronco on Ebay. Thursday evening I had a buyer lined up and ready to go. I was going away for the weekend so I waited until monday to have the Bronco delivered. Yesterday morning came and went without any contact from the dealership. So I messaged, and waited. Messaged and waited. Finally I get a response that the deal is on hold because the dealer is afraid I'm going to sell it to someone who "may" export it. I have a bill of sale, I have already done the loan at the bank and have a check in hand while getting charged interest on a vehicle I don't have. And I have the deposit on the Bronco. What can I do to get my Bronco?
I agree with all replies. You legally purchased it.
Have all your docs avail....Call an attorney, provide the retainer. I guarantee it'll be a short conversation with the GM and counsel.
Not up to them what you want to do with vehicle.
My two cents..

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you can still buy it and do what you want with your vehicle. If somebody offered me quite a bit above what I paid, I would consider it.

Whatever you do, keep it to yourself though.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like your thinking. I am sitting on a bottle of Pappy 23. I won the privilege to purchase it as shelf price in a raffle. I will NOT be opening it at my daughters wedding in a couple of weeks. I will find something else that I have stashed and open it when I retire in a few short years
Pappy 23 would have to be an occasion of ALL occasions!! Nice win you lucky son-of-a-gun! You need to play this one….. https://www.hendersonkyraffle.org/
when you win, all I ask is for a sip of each!

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
JFC, you people are dense. They can’t sell it to him if they have reasonable suspicion that it is being sold for exportation. Per many people in the know here, Ford has rules, and ultimately no dealership wants to piss off the manufacturer and/or potentially face stiff penalties. No one is defending dealers as righteous upholders of all that is good. But in this instance, the OP has no one to blame but himself. He told his friend at the dealership about his intentions to flip…a royally dumbshit move. He then posted an item for sale on an international auction site…an item he did not posses. He fucked up, and he deserves to not get his Bronco because of it. Oh well. Now the dealer will almost certainly sell it with a massive ADM, so fuck them too. OP should have been the one to make that dough, but he fucked up…that part is abundantly clear. Sorry OP
If its a regulation of Ford's, please quote the section for us to read.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn’t it be naive to think that Ford would not be looking at the Broncos for sale on eBay, since they are all listed with their VIN’s? There aren’t that many of them for sale to make it a difficult task. Obviously, they know the selling dealer and potential buyer and whether or not the sales transactions have been completed or not.

Esham

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait...you're upset that the dealer won't sell you a Bronco that currently belongs to them, because you want to turn around and sell it yourself to make money? :ROFLMAO:

I think he is upset the dealer is disregarding a legal purchase agreement. Knowing full well a legal battle is a bad investment for the average person what can you do? Maybe its not true a Ford dealer can charge some crazy 100,000k. I hear rumors they have. If dealers are allowed how could you ever say anything about reselling for profit by an ordinary order holder. Hennessy motors resale, RTR resale. I'm not even sure if they will yank your reservation if you put it up for sale. Any proof this ever happened?

Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know I would.

Not everything is about making money.
I turned down $10,000 over what I paid for it. Used car dealer tracked me down in a Whataburger parking lot coming back from the Off-Rodeo. It was tempting though.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pappy 23 would have to be an occasion of ALL occasions!! Nice win you lucky son-of-a-gun! You need to play this one….. https://www.hendersonkyraffle.org/
when you win, all I ask is for a sip of each!
I will check it out. I was definitely lucky, does not happen often.
I may not be wealthy but as Joe Walsh say Life has been good and when I do eventually get a Bronco I will be driving it.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question: did OP at any point consider the morality of this before questioning the legality of the dealer's action? I agree the dealer has no legal basis for this course, absent specific language in the purchase agreement to the contrary, but morality should intercede prior to legality.

If you want to make a quick buck, your brokerage account can help you out without punishing over a hundred thousand customers who placed orders in good faith.

TL;DR: the dealer could probably get in trouble for this. Holding them accountable will cost you more than it's worth. It's a d move anyway.
The morality of buying a new car and selling it for more?

Sorry, but some of you guys on here are acting like children. It's not like he made you homeless, got you fired, punched your children, sexxed up your wife...he was trying to buy a vehicle and make a profit.

Yall need to get over yourselves and the "who took my toys out of the sandbox" mentality.

Mikey Bronco

Badlands
First Name
MikeyD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait...you're upset that the dealer won't sell you a Bronco that currently belongs to them, because you want to turn around and sell it yourself to make money? :ROFLMAO:
there's always one SMH, the dealership ordered the bronco on behalf of the customer ordering it. so yes the man/woman has every right to be upset!

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't be too stingy. I provided a bottle of Van Winkle Family reserve and a 2015 bottle of Thomas Handy at my son's wedding a few years ago. We have one grandchild with another on the way so that was a great bourbon investment.

Both bottles were great liquor store finds which makes the elixir taste that much better.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.