Sponsored

Broke down today and checked out a Wrangler…

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I woke up fed up with the fact I wont get a vehicle for close to 2 years as my reservation was on Oct 3rd. I checked out all the different things I want in a vehicle and still was not able to find something that would fill my Bronco void. So, I went to the Jeep dealer… there was nothing there but a promise I would have one in a month or two. Having had Ford F150s since 2000, it is safe to say I am a loyalist. The few Jeeps that were there just wouldnt fill the void. I went back home. Determined to wait it out. Long story short. Ford… you have me… be gentle… my psyche cant hold out for too long without my Bronco.
Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in a rental 2020 JLU Sahara with the 2.0L eTorque motor this week. It's been pretty fun for what it is and I pulled the roof and doors off yesterday to have some fun with that. I ordered a Gladiator through Tom at Chapman on 7/19 and it's built and waiting for shipping from the factory right now.

OP
OP
Broncodude@

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in a rental 2020 JLU Sahara with the 2.0L eTorque motor this week. It's been pretty fun for what it is and I pulled the roof and doors off yesterday to have some fun with that. I ordered a Gladiator through Tom at Chapman on 7/19 and it's built and waiting for shipping from the factory right now.
Im wondering how many more will break… I feel bad for Ford in the sense of the frustration that must be present in not being able to get these to customers. I do hope you have fun with the Gladiator. They are nice!

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im wondering how many more will break… I feel bad for Ford in the sense of the frustration that must be present in not being able to get these to customers. I do hope you have fun with the Gladiator. They are nice!
It'll be a nice vehicle until my bronco rolls through. Had no intention of getting one until an uninsured driver tboned my daily driver and I needed to fill the void.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also went and checked out the Jeep Wrangler—happened to be a Jeep dealership across the street from my Ford dealer. (My Focus was in for warranty work.)

Honestly didn’t like the interior styling much at all. Just.. bleh. About the only thing better than the Bronco was the analog tachometer. But the interior is my only major complaint.

I’ve never seriously considered owning a Jeep—always been more of a truck person. And if I’m being frank most of the “Jeep people” I knew growing up were obnoxious to be around and ruined the Jeep name for me. But I would definitely consider it now that I’ve seen one up close.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FIrst and last time I rode in a Jeep the entire thing shook bad. Everything vibrated far beyond what I would call safe. Last time I ride in one. I wouldn't even buy one if it was the only off-road SUV.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I woke up fed up with the fact I wont get a vehicle for close to 2 years as my reservation was on Oct 3rd. I checked out all the different things I want in a vehicle and still was not able to find something that would fill my Bronco void. So, I went to the Jeep dealer… there was nothing there but a promise I would have one in a month or two. Having had Ford F150s since 2000, it is safe to say I am a loyalist. The few Jeeps that were there just wouldnt fill the void. I went back home. Determined to wait it out. Long story short. Ford… you have me… be gentle… my psyche cant hold out for too long without my Bronco.
2 years from Oct 3rd or two years from today, unless you have a top that was pushed to YM2023, why do you feel Oct 3rd reservation date is pushing you out 2 years.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I test drove a Gladiator and sat in a 4 Door Wrangler this past Saturday. The Gladiator was a Willy's and I liked it for the most part but the back of my head would be resting on the cross bar so Jeep is a no go for me. I also test drove a 4 runner but I really don't want another traditional SUV. I will wait to see what the '22 Tundra is about. I'm still in on my Dirt Mountain Bronco.

OP
OP
Broncodude@

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 years from Oct 3rd or two years from today, unless you have a top that was pushed to YM2023, why do you feel Oct 3rd reservation date is pushing you out 2 years.
I was just being a brat. My wife and friends are quite sick of me talking about it. Lol. Im 50. So it may be my mid life crisis… cant fit intoa Mustang… and I must have the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncodude@

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just being a brat. My wife and friends are quite sick of me talking about it. Lol. Im 50. So it may be my mid life crisis… cant fit intoa Mustang… and I must have the Bronco.
I did get the soft top so hopefully it will be around April but I have no idea. I figured from Oct 3.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I already broke. Decided I would buy a Rubicon that would make me happy in case I had to keep it, then would think about what to do IF my WT ever showed.

Went to the Jeep dealer to order it ... Can't! Jeep is not allowing 2.0T on the Rubicon right now. Only option is 3.6 w/ eTorque (no thanks) or Diesel (which I'd love but not worth the expensive maintenance).

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a new 4 door rubicon at a dealer last year when I bought my wife's car. I actually enjoyed it, drove better than I thought, but wasn't a fan of the sky one-touch top. Looks silly with the windows out in the back. I just don't want to own a Jeep after replacing everything electrical in my WJ Grand Cherokee. Plus it was about $80k after the dealer accessories. Interior design is a little goofy as well. I don't blame people for enjoying them. My point is, it was fine. No hate here.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought a Wrangler in '19 to get me through to the Bronco. Honestly, I think I'll miss it when it's gone. We've had a lot of fun with it, and at 20K miles we've only had to have the oil changed. (knock wood :) )Also, the dealer replaced the battery for the auto start/stop.

We took it cross country in the fall of '19. Being able to just turn down an old back road when the urge hit was the best. And, it averaged nearly 25 mpgs for the entire 5K+ trip.

It has helped greatly in this long wait for a Bronco.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought a Wrangler in '19 to get me through to the Bronco. Honestly, I think I'll miss it when it's gone. We've had a lot of fun with it, and at 20K miles we've only had to have the oil changed (knock wood :) )

We took it cross country in the fall of '19. Being able to just turn down an old back road when the urge hit was the best.

It has helped greatly in this long wait for a Bronco.
And that is my beef with ford. Had I know it was going to be 2 years from reservation to delivery, i probably would have done the same thing.

But now that we just recently found out that 2022 is the earliest (and that's still doubtful), the Used car market is outrageous, I can't order the Rubicon I'd want now, and everything is just fubar.
Sponsored