Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It changes once you select all beds for the bed type.

Screenshot_20210821-202959_Samsung Internet.jpg
I clicked ”All Beds” and saw that same picture but I was looking on Curt’s website earlier tonight and they show nothing. Same for Draw-Tite. I figured it was a matter of time before they would have one to market. A lot less money than the accessory being $350 or even seeing the OEM one for $270ish if you search part number.
Sponsored

1936Ford3W

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 1956 Ford, 1936 Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well I took my tow package off and here I am trying to get it on after the fact. The reality is I really only need it for a bike rack but I did want to pull an occasional small trailer. I’ll wait on the wiring until that gets sorted out more. Kudos to @flip for trying to figure this out.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I clicked ”All Beds” and saw that same picture but I was looking on Curt’s website earlier tonight and they show nothing. Same for Draw-Tite. I figured it was a matter of time before they would have one to market. A lot less money than the accessory being $350 or even seeing the OEM one for $270ish if you search part number.

I ordered one. $111 and free shipping not going to be matched by any Ford OEM hitch. I've had Curt hitches on my Outback and 2 minivans. Always been nice and stealthy. Made in USA as opposed to Macedonia (see on pics in post #1). Only thing it looks like you are giving up is the built in bracket to hold the 4/7 pin connectors. If we're not going OEM on those they usually come with little brackets.

My preference is just to leave the connectors on long wires and leave them under the cargo floor by the jack, run them out and close the tailgate on them for my once in a blue moon trailer rental. I mostly need the receiver for the bike rack.

Shipping estimate could arrive as early as 8/26. I'll be back with pics.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered one. $111 and free shipping not going to be matched by any Ford OEM hitch. I've had Curt hitches on my Outback and 2 minivans. Always been nice and stealthy. Made in USA as opposed to Macedonia (see on pics in post #1). Only thing it looks like you are giving up is the built in bracket to hold the 4/7 pin connectors. If we're not going OEM on those they usually come with little brackets.

My preference is just to leave the connectors on long wires and leave them under the cargo floor by the jack, run them out and close the tailgate on them for my once in a blue moon trailer rental. I mostly need the receiver for the bike rack.

I'm thinking of picking up that Curt hitch as well. I will only use it for a bike rack so it's actually cleaner without the plate for the harness and the install doesn't involve dropping the bumper. The price is right too. Let us know how you like it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair the OEM TT module/computer is made in Macedonia. I can’t prove it but Ford most likely gets the hitch from Curt ot Reese and restamps it. I have a link to the light module somewhere. I’ll try to post next week. Less expensive than Fords but backordered last time I checked. Does the Curt hitch come with the bolts and mount plate for the 4 or 7 pin plugs?

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be fair the OEM TT module/computer is made in Macedonia. I can’t prove it but Ford most likely gets the hitch from Curt ot Reese and restamps it. I have a link to the light module somewhere. I’ll try to post next week. Less expensive than Fords but backordered last time I checked. Does the Curt hitch come with the bolts and mount plate for the 4 or 7 pin plugs?
Didn't realize that was the box for the electric assembly. Thought it was the label on the hitch. We'll see about the bolts, the website doesn't say, but every other Curt hitch I've bought has come with the appropriate bolts. Looking at the picture of the Curt and the OEM the mount plates is the big difference. OEM has a big section to the left where the combo 4/7 will mount and the Curt is that many inches narrower.

Like I said in my earlier post if you aren't getting the OEM electrical your aftermarket connector likely won't snap onto the spot on the OEM hitch for the OEM connector. On my previous vehicles (which only had the 4 pin) I've preferred not having the connector mounted on the outside exposed to the elements. I've left in the trunk area with the jack and just run it out under the tailgate when using it.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Complete now with Flips help and harness (made it easier for sure). Total cost with a few panel tools was under $400. Mostly paid for with FordPass points. Trim panels and taillight removal was a PIA. Wiring didn’t follow the Ford instructions for LR turn signal, otherwise good to go. 3 hrs is a safe time to allow for someone with average skills(I am average at best).
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside 03CA030B-3598-4B2B-9474-3136350F2885
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside 67DBC300-2025-4B8C-B130-13A35B9E58F5
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside DBB3EDA4-5856-4E85-8380-70246E30616B

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome @Mattwings! Average at best over here too. Already have the hitch installed…so, I’ll just have to tackle the wiring once that arrives. Any tips on the taillight/turn signal wiring?

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This thread convinced me to drop Tow Package from my build. Knowing that there's a constant 12V power source back there and the fact that there's a controller to make it all work with the LED's sealed the deal.

Now all we have to do is make a nice little "how-to" from all of the information that was discovered in this thread. But, you know, wait a little until my Bronco is scheduled until we convince everyone else to drop the Tow Package.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome @Mattwings! Average at best over here too. Already have the hitch installed…so, I’ll just have to tackle the wiring once that arrives. Any tips on the taillight/turn signal wiring?
Go slow, buy a few of the panel fasteners to replace what breaks, watch the LH turn signal you tap, mine didn’t match the factory instructions and per Flip, there are 4 alternatives for the #4 position in the left side plug. The taillight was really tough to remove, not know how it was put in, I can’t even explain what I did, but it came out eventually.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go slow, buy a few of the panel fasteners to replace what breaks, watch the LH turn signal you tap, mine didn’t match the factory instructions and per Flip, there are 4 alternatives for the #4 position in the left side plug. The taillight was really tough to remove, not know how it was put in, I can’t even explain what I did, but it came out eventually.
Big thing on the tail light is the little white push pins. Have to compress the "wings" in order to get them to release. They aren't like the other "Christmas tree" or metal spring clips they use everywhere else. We ended up using a set of 90 degree long needle nose to reach them but there are other ways to do it.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
😬

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does Ford not offer a 4-7 pin with wiring as an accessory that the dealership can install? All I see is just the four pin for sale. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Last edited: