Sponsored

Prediction: I'm calling it right now, Ford will have to cancel my VIN and push me to a 22.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke to my dealer today and the only constraints he mentioned currently were SAS and tow packages. đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™€ïž That being said, he was fairly knowledgeable but I wasn’t 100% convinced he wasn’t still 70% in the dark with this process. Good luck, I hope it doesn’t come to that.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So here is how it's going to go down: When they get all of the current bad tops done they'll start building FEs again. Every single FE is a 2.7, SAS, Lux. They will run out of the commodities and WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUILD MY BRONCO IN 2021. So they're going to have to cancel my VIN and I'm going to get screwed.

Tell me I'm wrong....
I think they will run out of soft tops to build before they run out of commodities. You and the FEs will be built by Turkey Day!

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what happened to eeyore especially since he has a bronco

tough crowd here. I’m super pumped about mine. Was very impressed with extended test drive I had in a BB sas and looking forward to getting mine.
Haha. Are you calling me Eeyore? My mom got me a stuffed animal Eeyore in the 1970s. I will admit, it was fitting at the time and probably still is.

I still have it!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I know is, I reserved in the first two weeks. Didn’t order by the cut off date per Ford instructions. They told me my time stamp made me a MY22. Dealer told me I would be in my Bronco by Oct-Nov. I made a huge error and believed they knew what they were talking about. I had no idea MY 21 would run to Dec. At the time , I thought he was referring to this Oct-Nov, not 2022. Today, I have zero confidence I will see a Oct-Nov MY 23 Bronco.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm making the prediction right now, Ford will have to cancel several 2021 VINs and push us out to 22s.

My build: BL, MIC, 4 Door, SAS, 2.7, Lux, Leather
Reservation: Day 1, 2 hours and 7 minutes after launch, #2 allocation at my dealer (was #1 but got bumped by their priority order).

Here is the situation: I've had a VIN since May, original build date was 7/19. Pushed back 3 times and now I'm in the group of non-built MIC orders that are waiting for word in October.

Let me set the table for my prediction: They can't build my order and other orders like it until they replace all of the current and dirt mountain tops. So they've started building soft-top orders and almost anyone that could switch has. Watching these build date emails roll in, there are a lot of high optioned Broncos being scheduled. A lot of 2.7s, SAS, High/Lux,... A lot of commodities that have been constraint issues all year.

So here is how it's going to go down: When they get all of the current bad tops done they'll start building FEs again. Every single FE is a 2.7, SAS, Lux. They will run out of the commodities and WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUILD MY BRONCO IN 2021. So they're going to have to cancel my VIN and I'm going to get screwed.

Tell me I'm wrong....
Why would you have to cancel your VIN?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm making the prediction right now, Ford will have to cancel several 2021 VINs and push us out to 22s.

Reservation: Day 1, 2 hours and 7 minutes after launch, #2 allocation at my dealer (was #1 but got bumped by their priority order).

Here is the situation: I've had a VIN since May
Consider yourself lucky. Same build as you, yet I reserved 7min after launch (2 hours before you) and was 1st allocation out of 150 at my dealer.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Here is the situation: I've had a VIN since May, original build date was 7/19. Pushed back 3 times and now I'm in the group of non-built MIC orders that are waiting for word in October.

Let me set the table for my prediction: They can't build my order and other orders like it until they replace all of the current and dirt mountain tops. So they've started building soft-top orders and almost anyone that could switch has. Watching these build date emails roll in, there are a lot of high optioned Broncos being scheduled. A lot of 2.7s, SAS, High/Lux,... A lot of commodities that have been constraint issues all year.

Tell me I'm wrong....
You're wrong. You are not getting screwed. You are being inconvenienced.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Tell me I'm wrong....
If you're wrong we're wrong together. I have nearly the same build as you (everything except the leather) so I went out and bought another car when they sent me the we'll take another wild ass guess at a build date for you in October e-mail. We'll still get the Bronco, but when?

Even if I trusted Ford I don't think they have solid enough commodity information to keep their promises right now.

The little bit of light shimmering at that far off end of the tunnel is their price protection promise. Will they even keep that?

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford needs to put out an announcement that says. “Don’t get too excited. The new bronco really isn’t THAT great”.

My wife’s been driving mine. She looks better in it than I do.

I’m not sure what I expected though. Maybe something more heavy duty.

Not trying to diss but I’d be sad if I ordered now then waited until 2023 for one of these.
Ford Bronco Prediction:  I'm calling it right now, Ford will have to cancel my VIN and push me to a 22. 1630019286422

ETA: I see now you got a 4-door soft top. I wouldn’t be super thrilled about that, either. Most folks waiting for MY23 aren’t settling for that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The interior doesn't feel all that solid and the thing that got me the most was the doors. I HATED the way the doors closed. Might be kinda nitpicky but I like doors to have a nice thud. The Bronco doors just kinda... clatter.
Big difference between the lower trim doors and the Outer Banks.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a lot of time left on the 21 calendar. Even if Ford were able to start full production tomorrow, a lot of reservations would still move to 22.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is pretty confident that those who have a vin will get a truck.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
lol. My last bronco was a 95 so this feels like a geo tracker :).
Just about everyone I see on the road says something along the lines of, ‘Holy shit, I hadn’t seen a two-door yet, that is effing amazing!’ 4-doors are cool but I don’t think they draw the same, universal reaction.
Sponsored