Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why in the name of all that is holy can't we see the DETAILED information about our orders on ford.com? That would have easily prevented these type of screw ups by the dealerships.

It's called INCOMPETENCE . . .

Ford Corp. should've sub-contracted their IT ops long time ago . .

All the ridiculous mumbo-jumbo you have to go thru just to find out your actual priority code ??
It's unbelievable
Sponsored

Last edited:

VikingLars

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These are screw-ups by the dealer. My hunch is that Ford has not been helpful along the way, though.

I have been waiting to get info on my FE and each time I ask the dealer they say things like "we don't know, Ford is saying we don't have an allocation for one, we were never able to reserve that in the system - Ford told us to use this "placeholder" body code, etc.)

Each time I call Ford, they confirm my order, reservation, etc. Still no VIN. Nothing. Crickets. Just some lame swag.

So, as 10/1 approached, I pushed hard on the dealer and the local Ford rep. Amazingly, I get a VIN!!! But when I enter the order and VIN into the tracker, nothing comes up.

Finally find out the other day that the order nunber for my VIN is a new order number created by Ford to enter my FE into the system (I see this on the preview the dealer sends me)

So, back in the order placing process either the dealer didn't put in the correct body code for the FE, or Ford screwed that process up and dealer could never change it.

So, good thing I followed up! I now have a FE with a VIN and production date.

The bad part: when Ford created this new order for me, they typed the wrong body code. It is now a 2-door vs 4-door.

WTF?!?!?! I am trying to get them to change to what I actually reserved and ordered (totally the fault of possibly the dealer - and Ford for sure) - but doubt they can. Sounds like VINs are cast in stone. Maybe they create another new VIN for my correct reservation?!

It's a comedy of errors, with bad systems, mistakes and f'ing lousy customer service.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
ouch...that sux :/

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

These are screw-ups by the dealer. My hunch is that Ford has not been helpful along the way, though.

I have been waiting to get info on my FE and each time I ask the dealer they say things like "we don't know, Ford is saying we don't have an allocation for one, we were never able to reserve that in the system - Ford told us to use this "placeholder" body code, etc.)

Each time I call Ford, they confirm my order, reservation, etc. Still no VIN. Nothing. Crickets. Just some lame swag.

So, as 10/1 approached, I pushed hard on the dealer and the local Ford rep. Amazingly, I get a VIN!!! But when I enter the order and VIN into the tracker, nothing comes up.

Finally find out the other day that the order nunber for my VIN is a new order number created by Ford to enter my FE into the system (I see this on the preview the dealer sends me)

So, back in the order placing process either the dealer didn't put in the correct body code for the FE, or Ford screwed that process up and dealer could never change it.

So, good thing I followed up! I now have a FE with a VIN and production date.

The bad part: when Ford created this new order for me, they typed the wrong body code. It is now a 2-door vs 4-door.

WTF?!?!?! I am trying to get them to change to what I actually reserved and ordered (totally the fault of possibly the dealer - and Ford for sure) - but doubt they can. Sounds like VINs are cast in stone. Maybe they create another new VIN for my correct reservation?!

It's a comedy of errors, with bad systems, mistakes and f'ing lousy customer service.
Your best option is to tweet mike Levine. He seems to be the only one who can actually make a change during the final days. Worth a shot.

VikingLars

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Who is Mike Levine? Do I really need to tweet him? I'm not on Twitter...

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Under no circumstances should any unscheduled FEs have been allowed to persist into October. This is stuff that should have been cleaned up weeks ago before the final FE scheduling was done.

It's just unacceptable, and I think both Ford and the dealers had ways this could have been avoided.

Gumbeaux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they really go from a direct to consumer email several months ago to a “final, too late” email this week with nothing in between? Somethings missing…

Regardless, what I don’t understand is that there is probably time, and presumably the material, left in 2021 to build all the FEs. They could do another round of checking on the 99 orders or dual top orders that have not converted to a buildable config and build them all at the last minute before MY change…

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After all is said and done, I wonder if there will be a way to find the number of FEs actually built.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Under no circumstances should any unscheduled FEs have been allowed to persist into October. This is stuff that should have been cleaned up weeks ago before the final FE scheduling was done.

It's just unacceptable, and I think both Ford and the dealers had ways this could have been avoided.
I don't have a FE so no skin in the game really, but I feel for those who are assed out because of this. The problem I have with this situation is that this is at least the third dealer we know about who has tried to shift the blame to Ford, making it sound like Ford will not be ABLE to produce as many FEs as they planned. In reality, the dealers dropped the ball when it came time to make sure they knew their customers' intent. Although Ford dropped the ball also, we do know that Ford reps reached out to dealerships specifically about their FE orders to get fidelity on what customers wanted before the September 30th cutoff. I blame dealers more than I blame Ford in this instance.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great feedback...thank you. I did communicate with the dealer about Ford's decision to only build FE's with MIC tops.
Thanks again
So did you ask your dealer to just change the priority code from 99 to a buildable unit? The letter seems to suggest that those that do not want a FE and are waiting for a '22 have to change their order to a model that will become a '22 or else it will be cancelled. It doesn't specify that those who actually want a FE can't change it to have it built.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Updated with the official email from Ford to the Dealer....

Posted by @Ksjrb03

fe8f8321-6d43-4a91-b725-ca48fa4109bd-jpeg.jpg

Original post

Just received a call from my dealer in Tampa, FL about an email from Ford sent last night regarding the 2 FE orders they have not received (mine included). Ford does NOT have the ability to build all the remaining 2021 FE models and giving the remaining order holders until 5pm EST today to change trim levels for a 2022 model only. If they do not receive a new 2022 trim/model to replace the FE my order will be canceled. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F@CK?!?!?!

Speechless.

FEreservationJesse.png
So I am reading this and it sounds like FORD will convert all unbuilt 2021's of all types to a 2022?????? SO we do NOT need to re-order. I am personally confused. I have a 2 door Black Diamond on order and have been under the impression that we MUST do a re-order with our Dealer. True or not???????? Then.....there are a few changes I need to make to the order too; adding the push bar and since they made the Modular bumper non-standard....I need to fix this too. Planning on meeting with my Salesman next week.....it would be nice for all of us to have some answers.

For the FE's customer orders out there that are not being filled.......man...between this and the 2022 allocation post, FORD is really pissin' people off.

Operative word below is "converting all":
Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] 1633637808029

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So did you ask your dealer to just change the priority code from 99 to a buildable unit? The letter seems to suggest that those that do not want a FE and are waiting for a '22 have to change their order to a model that will become a '22 or else it will be cancelled. It doesn't specify that those who actually want a FE can't change it to have it built.
Pretty sure it's implied because MY21 orders could not be modified after September 30th. If enough FE res holders complained about the loss of a FE that they did in fact want, Ford might do something about it. This is on dealers for not making sure they knew what the customer wanted, and in some instances, it's on the customer for not changing their order if they wanted a FE.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pretty sure it's implied because MY21 orders could not be modified after September 30th. If enough FE res holders complained about the loss of a FE that they did in fact want, Ford might do something about it. This is on dealers for not making sure they knew what the customer wanted, and in some instances, it's on the customer for not changing their order if they wanted a FE.
I wasn't aware of the 9/30 cutoff. Do you by any chance have a reference to that.?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I am reading this and it sounds like FORD will convert all unbuilt 2021's of all types to a 2022?????? SO we do NOT need to re-order. I am personally confused. I have a 2 door Black Diamond on order and have been under the impression that we MUST do a re-order with our Dealer. True or not???????? Then.....there are a few changes I need to make to the order too; adding the push bar and since they made the Modular bumper non-standard....I need to fix this too. Planning on meeting with my Salesman next week.....it would be nice for all of us to have some answers.

For the FE's customer orders out there that are not being filled.......man...between this and the 2022 allocation post, FORD is really pissin' people off.

Operative word below is "converting all":
Ford Bronco Possible remaining First Edition Bronco orders being canceled by Ford if not changed to non-FE trim [updated with official email] 1633637808029
All non-FE orders will be converted to 22MY and 99ed so that they cannot be built before a customer has a chance to make changes. So even though they are converted, customers will need to re-confirm with their dealership. There are no 22MY First Editions so they will need to be changed to a different trim in order to convert to a 22.

hipshot

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silvarado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
this is such a bunch of crap one thing after another, i am so glad i got tired if it all and got a jeep ford is dropping the ball left and right...
Sponsored