E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Lux package in my Badlands which includes the wireless charger. My phone was running a little low on battery before leaving the house, but hey my Bronco has a wireless charger. I went for a couple hour drive and it literally only went up about 10% in battery life. I wasn't running any apps on the phone that would lead to battery draw. It has been like this since delivery. Has anybody else noticed less than ideal charging?
Iphone or Android?
Phones can charge at different rates on wireless, but all slower than plugging in with fast-charge.
Like others said, I use wireless overnight or at my desk for toping off or on and off the charger quickly. If I need a quick battery boost, it has to get plugged in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iphone or Android?
Phones can charge at different rates on wireless, but all slower than plugging in with fast-charge.
Like others said, I use wireless overnight or at my desk for toping off or on and off the charger quickly. If I need a quick battery boost, it has to get plugged in.
Samsung S20 ultra

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apple or Android?

iPhones are limited in charging wattage when using wireless charging. It'll take forever.

Android - depends on your model. Flagship phones should be able to charge about 2x faster than iPhone.

Edit: this was answered as I typed this.

s20 is capable of the fastest wireless charging speed available, but you're still looking at 2.5 hours or more with a perfect transmission rate.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Samsung S20 ultra
Ok, looks like that phone can charge at 10W, my Pixel can do 11W. But maybe the charging pad is not putting out 10W though. Not sure how that can be measured.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also determined by what case you put on it. Otterboxes and thicker full protection cases will reduce the charging capability. I have the S20 Ultra case that can hold the pen and during the Off-Roadeo it added a few % over 4 hours in the vehicle. Another thing is the mat at the bottom of the charging tray is kinda thick. If you have some thinner rubber sheets laying around I would cut out a new mat to put in and see if that improves the charging capability. I mainly got the Lux because of the extra charging ports for the things I'm putting on the BYOD rail, heated steering wheel since I'm getting a soft top, and the ACC to make getting to the destination easier so I can use ally concentration on not dying on the rock crawling.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We used to carry dimes in order to make a phone call. They slid around in the coin holder also. Lol

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The case I'm using is very thin, so that shouldn't be an issue. I have a four hour road trip coming up next week. I'll let the phone die and charge while off on the trip down. On the way back I'll charge from low battery with the phone on. I'll record the times. Ha I'm a nerd.

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We used to carry dimes in order to make a phone call. They slid around in the coin holder also. Lol
I couldn't afford that, I'd call 1-800-CALL-ATT and relay a quick message to get my point across lol

jcassII

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just took delivery of a 2 door badlands yesterday and same issue. Screen off, no car play and hardly charges my phone. It also seems to slide around while driving and off the charging pad and see that on bronco info screen. It’s the only complaint I have with the car so far.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Cell phone case can impact wireless charging as well. Though if Ford put in a weak coil for the wireless charger pad that would also cause charging to be slow (especially if an app were running in the foreground like Android Auto / Carplay). Most likely it is a combination of all of the above.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like I'll be swapping out the charging pad at some point and adding MagSafe while Im at it.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes wireless charging pads are slower than a cord. Yes wireless charging pads in a vehicle are usually slower than a nice one in your home. BUT, the pad is the Bronco is the worst I have ever used, by far. If the phone actually stays on the charger, it charges extremely slow. Useless really. It also got my phone extremely hot sometimes.

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes wireless charging pads are slower than a cord. Yes wireless charging pads in a vehicle are usually slower than a nice one in your home. BUT, the pad is the Bronco is the worst I have ever used, by far. If the phone actually stays on the charger, it charges extremely slow. Useless really. It also got my phone extremely hot sometimes.
Certainly could use some improvements!

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is this MagSafe you speak of?
Allows you to wireless charge while the mount/pad has magnets built in that work with the iphone 12/13.
Sponsored