Sponsored

FINAL UPDATE: Complete Engine Failure - SAS Big Bend - 3wk Old / 1000mi / 2.7L EcoBoost

OP
OP
estone28

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4 cylinder or 6?
Sorry man.
Has Ford covered everything? Any out of pocket expense?
Seems like something catastrophic like this should mean a buy back and free skip the line pass. Not sure when that would expire though. 500miles, 1,000 2,000? A month a year?

eesh
6 cyl.
No real out of pocket. They are covering the rental.
I think a buy-back and a skip the line is 100% warranted too ... but I've not found anyone senior enough at Ford that can either make that happen or give me any assurance that its feasible.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are theses engines being built?
2.7L is built at Lima OH. 2.3L is Mexico I believe.

Guessing it's a dropped valve like the rest. I bet if the dealer checks the cylinders they find something missing from the valvetrain.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then you’d only have to worry about cam phasers 🤣🤣🤣
I haven’t lost sleep over any to date. All my V8’s have performed flawlessly. Knock on wood.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why in the world do you think they should buyback and give you a new one? The warranty clearly states they will fix it if anything happens. period. Unless it spends a certain length of time in the shop before they repair it to qualify for lemon law they are doing exactly as they should.

Level of service the situation demands? Again sounds like they are doing exactly what they should.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
6 cyl.
No real out of pocket. They are covering the rental.
I think a buy-back and a skip the line is 100% warranted too ... but I've not found anyone senior enough at Ford that can either make that happen or give me any assurance that its feasible.
I’d def ask for a comped ext warranty. Jumping to the front of the line is kind of a stretch.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry this happened as I know you are. It's still early in the process, so I hope this is remedied to your satisfaction. But remember, as Jerod said, I wouldn't look for Ford to do a buy back. They'll tell you basically that's what the warranty is for. Good luck, I hope you get 'er back soon.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Damn another 2.7. I am getting the 2.7 figuring it would be the more reliable engine and so far all the issues have been broncos with the 2.7.

OP
OP
estone28

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What do you think Ford should do for you that they are not doing?
On a basic level - Call me up. Check-in. A little -reassurance. Some info on the timeline of getting it repaired. Discuss options for solution.

At a more extensive level, Discuss other options - offer to replace it. Allow me to cut the production line if we went that route. send me a new one. (I don't expect this - but I don't think its unreasonable either).

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a basic level - Call me up. Check-in. A little -reassurance. Some info on the timeline of getting it repaired. Discuss options for solution.

At a more extensive level, Discuss other options - offer to replace it. Allow me to cut the production line if we went that route. send me a new one. (I don't expect this - but I don't think its unreasonable either).
Message me your VIN so I can check engine build date, please.