406g

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in EXACTLY the same boat. Been 2 door manual badlands non-sas since day 1, and that’s what my order still is. I never considered any other trim until I got bumped to ‘22 and ManSquatch became an option, and I agonize over switching to BaseManSquatch every day for an $8k savings over my current badlands build.

At this point I just want a VIN, so I can stop obsessing.

Ultimately I’m still on badlands for:
- MGV and washout. Just got done vacuuming my dog’s hair from my carpeted backseat and am ready to not have to deal with carpet anymore.
- Sta-bar disconnect. I became a believer at the Off-Roadeo. On the days I’m leaning BaseManSquatch I convince myself manual disconnects would be fine, but the button is nice.
- All indications are pointing to the Bronco being designed with 33s in mind from the start with 35s being added later in the design process. More travel, no bumpstomps etc. Ford entered a non-sas Badlands into the NORRA Mexico 1000 rally, assumedly for the extra travel and lighter wheel/tire combo compared to squatch. Something about the 33s and badlands suspension just seems so optimized for the platform.
- I want mid package (manual is non negotiable for me)
- I like KO2s better than the Goodyears
- I will want steel bumpers and rock rails eventually, but I don’t wheel hard enough to justify the multi thousand dollar bumper/slider options we’re seeing so far in the aftermarket, and that would eat into the savings of going Base anyway.

I firmly believe the best two options for manual buyers are BaseManSquatch and Badlands Non-Sas, so like I said, I totally get your where you’re coming from, but I’m ever so slightly in the badlands camp… for now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand your dilemma. My order is currently base+sas. I think the mgv and wash out on the BD and BL would be great, but even after I add aux switches, mod bumper, rock rails, after market under body, custom leather wrap the steering, I’m still $3k under a BD+sas or base BL. Im struggling to give the mgv a $3k value. I’d love blind spot monitoring, but that adds another $1,500. Adaptive cruise and camera would be great too, but $5,000?? I just struggle to value those nice to haves so high. That said, I don’t commute to work anymore and we have a crossover for boring highway travel. I’m getting the bronco for fun and I don’t think those packages or even the mgv are going to provide me any more fun. I’d rather use the $10k to take some extra time off work and do an epic cross country or something. To me that experience would be more valuable than everything it costs to get a lux package.

All that said I also understand the “you only live once” argument and I honestly think most will love whatever they choose.

disclaimer: this how I feel today; I’ll probably change my mind and go BL before it’s all done 😂

@406g those are good points about the BL. Helpful in making me agonize over the options 😊

Last edited:

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The washout lining and seats sound great to me because I take my dogs with me everywhere, but I do that now in my cloth seat ranger.
What kind of dogs?

I haven't encountered the MGV seat material yet, but I'd be worried about claw punctures. I know I had to watch out for that with my boat. If that is a concern, then the BaseSquatch cloth seats might be better than either MGV or leather (which doesn't have washout interior anyway).

The BL has bash plates on the bottom that you won't get with Base. If you rock crawl, that might be a consideration. If you don't, then they might be something you don't actually want as they weigh a lot and limit the payload capacity.

Full disclosure: I'm getting a BL because that was the only way I could get 4-door, roof rack and other bits the way I wanted. With the 22s, you have a few more paths to getting a roof rack.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a 7/1 res holder, got pushed to 2022 so I went to dealer and finalized a 2022 badlands (green), MT, high package and roof rack. No other extras. Around 47k

I keep going back to, all I really want is a pure driving experience.
But I got sucked into the glam of the fancy cameras, washout flooring, fancy extra goat modes and that slick swaybar disconnect.

So here is where I'm wondering if I'm crazy because it's almost and obsession.

I keep building a base mansquatch (green), roof rack, aux switches, and floor liners.
Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

So I'm in a tailspin of is the badlands really 10k better? After the shinny newness fades away, all I will really care about is wheeling and overlanding.

The washout lining and seats sound great to me because I take my dogs with me everywhere, but I do that now in my cloth seat ranger.

It's not a money issue but who doesn't want to save some cash if they can.

Anyways I'm rambling. Just hoping I'm not alone and if anyone wants to weigh in I'd be happy to listen. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Lastly I'm considering buying some base wheels or similar with some basic tires for everyday driving. If I change to base mansquatch.
In marketing world, customers doesn't decide what they want, They decide for you.

Therefore, the only question is "what do you need?"

According to your post, you already know what you need but the marketing is the one that is pushing you for what you would like to have.

Bronco base sasquatch have everything you will need for off-road, the other trims only add confort creature features.

In my case, I'm the kind of guy that love having more the money than expending it and most of the time I expend that money in other than me, I love that too. I also like to believe cars has souls and we treat every vehicle as a family member.

The Bronco for me is a marvelous machine that was engineered to creat memories with the family. I already dreaming to teach my 8 years old daughter to drive in the Bronco.

I didn't go to Badlands mainly because I'm not planing to do rock crawling with it, but I do need both lockers for deep sand and I believe fabric is the most resistant material for any seat and I'm planing to keep this Bronco for a long time with the Family, perhaps to replace it for a 7G Bronco in 2029.

Those were my main drivers to decide going with Base Sasquatch.

Bottom point: Make your choice only yours and think what do you really need and don't make the marketing decide for you.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh I forgot to ask, what’s the base cloth really like? The dealer only had a BL to drive and obx cloth to look at. I love the sports cloth seats in my gti. I hated the cloth seats we had in a 20 yr old Corolla.

also, I have a 6” display with carplay in my gti. I love it for its function. Our Atlas has an 8” capacitive display with carplay. I love that even more. Neither have wireless carplay. I can’t start my gti with an app either. My point being: the base model comforts don’t seem that bad (except for the lack of the highway safety features that I think should be standard on all cars)

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my badlands and I wouldn't want anything else.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base mansquatch f the big screen lux bull crap i wish it came with hand crank windows.

You do you but i think a bunch of people are trying to make it like a pig with lipstick.

Worrying about resale omg they must not really want a bronco ,just want the newest toy and then move on to the next.

ApBull

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's easy to get caught up on the features. I started building a big bend and ended up with a loaded badlands by the time I was done with the build and play, and thats initially what I put in as my order.

The best thing I did to really be content with my build to feel like it was worth the price was to think about what features would annoy me a year after owning it. I live in Colorado, so the 2.7 for high altitude driving and heated seats/mid package are a must. I'd be pissed if i'm slugging along at 10,000 ft. That outweighs the MT with the 2.3. I also have a kid on the way, so 2 door was no longer an option. On that same note, the wash out interior seemed even more promising. I also want the clearance from the 35's, and even if I were to buy new suspension and tires later I still wouldn't ever be able to get everything tuned and geared as well as Ford will for the price of the Sasquatch package.

All that being said, I ended up downgrading to a 2.7 Black Diamond with Sasquatch and mid because I don't see a time where the stay bar disconnect is really going to matter enough to justify its cost. In your case, there are a lot of options between a Loaded Badlands and a Base model, so just be realistic in what you actually are going to care about. I also second the guy that said not to worry about resale. I just ballpark that I'll lose at least half of it before I sell it, and half of 50k is less than half of 60k.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went through the same thought process as many of you. Went Base Mansquatch. For many of the reasons mentioned. Also I can’t stand leather or leather like seats. They make me sweat like a MFer.

Sponsored

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am a 7/1 res holder, got pushed to 2022 so I went to dealer and finalized a 2022 badlands (green), MT, high package and roof rack. No other extras. Around 47k

But I got sucked into the glam of the fancy cameras, washout flooring, fancy extra goat modes and that slick swaybar disconnect.

I keep building a base mansquatch (green), roof rack, aux switches, and floor liners.
Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

So I'm in a tailspin of is the badlands really 10k better? After the shinny newness fades away, all I will really care about is wheeling and overlanding.

Anyways I'm rambling. Just hoping I'm not alone and if anyone wants to weigh in I'd be happy to listen. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Lastly I'm considering buying some base wheels or similar with some basic tires for everyday driving. If I change to base mansquatch.
How are you a 7/1 res holder when reservations opened on 7/13? Or are you saying you got a reservation this past July?
get what you want! You only live once man!

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more you spend the more its worth.

Why am I buying? I’m just excited that this will be my first vehicle with factory Bluetooth, and I’ll be able to receive phone calls hands free. And that’s going to make my Cactus Gray 4door BadLands V6 Sasquatch vehicle just awesome.

And yeah, this may well be the last vehicle I ever buy. But that Bluetooth is going to rock.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Comes in around 38k.

Nearly 10k cheaper.

For a cheeseburger Tuesday, I will gladly sell you my Base Dueler Hts today.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted all the switches. I liked the BL wheels. So I did maxed BL no squatch. Was tempted by a squatch OBX, but decided against it in favor of the swaybar.

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was all over the board. Was going to do Black Diamond, then OBX, then Big bend. Finally I just ordered a base because it has the best grill. Stupid Ford, making the crappiest one have the best grill. But it was a little more than that. I was comparing my 2017 F150 XLT to my dads 2017 lariat. As far as most of the things on the same age lariat that I wished my XLT had, none of them worked anymore on his:/ so we will see. I may have some regerts. I’ll fix them in 2024 or 2025.
Sponsored