Sponsored

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t see how anyone can beat factory price plus more possible rebates. All I know is, don’t delay on getting that order in!
That's exactly why I have both reservations. MAS told me on an F150 they could save between 6-12k over dealers price. Not sure if that is true or not. Of course, that does not reflect delivery, tax, and other fees associated. I do know of one co-worker that said she bought an Explorer through MAS and saved 3k instead of her dealership. Now, she want's to trade it in for a Bronco. Not sure how you deal a "trade in" through MAS since you are bypassing the dealer
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be my guess. Jeep sold 229k wranglers last year. Ford getting there in reservations is probably very scary to them. Wild guess that Bronco is growing the market by 50-75% still means Jeep stands to possibly lose 25% of Wrangler sales to Bronco. This is a good thing. Jeep hasn't had a true competitor in so long, the Jeep is very old technology. Hopefully the competition makes them both innovate quicker.
I looked at the self-reported reservation list and a quick count (not a thorough count) showed about 30% Jeep Wrangler owners, so 25% seems like a very safe minimum estimate. I'll beet Jeep did not expect Ford to so thoroughly "check all of the boxes" with its features. Clearly Ford spoke to a lot of Wrangler owners and collected a huge wish list and tried to include every reasonable thing they could. On paper right now, it looks like they've out-Jeeped the Jeep.

Last edited:

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Approximately 230,000 Bronco reservations have been received to date since the evening of July 13th when reservations opened during the Bronco online reveal! Keep in mind that this figure may be as of a few days ago.
Thanks for the insight OP!

What's more impressive to me is that these numbers are this high during a recession.
Ford putting the team on it's back for the American economy, kinda ?

Pretty soon Broncos will be as hard to come by as tp and cleaning supplies ?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This forum isn't a representation of the general public. It won't be as big of a drop as you think.
Idk, I would say outside of the forum you have a bunch of people reserving for clout. Remember all the Tesla truck reservations? Do you think they are going to really sell 250k Tesla trucks the first year?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1 year of a free money investment @3% compounding interest is $690k in free money off the $23MM reservation fee.
I don't think Ford corporate is getting any of that money. My credit card shows my reservation dealer on the charge.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would imagine there will be a lot of attrition for a multitude of reasons.
Some people reserved more than one, people change their mind, financial reasons, etc...

It will be interesting to see how many of the 230k reservations make it to actual "i bought a bronco". My guess would be 60%. So 40% fall by the wayside for numerous reasons. Total blind guess
Looking at some of the Tesla Model 3 reservation groups, only around 30% ended up converting to sales. Elon Musk said there are around 200k reservations for that truck thing they will build. Who knows how many will convert. I don't put a lot of stock in reservations, but it's good marketing and hits the "get one before it's too late" area of our reptilian brains. :)

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Approximately 230,000 Bronco reservations have been received to date since the evening of July 13th when reservations opened during the Bronco online reveal! Keep in mind that this figure may be as of a few days ago.

The reservation figure comes by way of one of our reliable sources and the impressive number covers only the Bronco (does not include the Bronco Sport).

If you're one of lucky reservation holders and haven't yet done so, remember to add yourself to our reservation tracking list @ Bronco Reservations Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!]

I will be curious to see how many they can build in one day with all the custom options that are allowed

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no worries about Covid slowing production next year, After November it will stop being a thing. Good to see the big red numbers.

Also, why were sales so hign in 78?
It was the first year of the Gen II Bronco. Much bigger.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am guessing that getting to full production takes a few months... Everyone needs to get into the routine, issues need to be resolved. The pace will pick up over time...

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if you can get access to these numbers broken out over time. I would like to know how many of those were during the first four hours of launch.
Nowhere near as many as they could have had, since it was crashing due to overload.

Can dealers reserve Broncos?
They can have every relative and neighbor reserve one and "cancel" at the last moment for a $500 signature fee ...

Also I am sure there are bronco related projects like the Raptor Bronco that now will get a BIG ASS green light to proceed.

This means lots of different variants for years to come.

YAY!
This is the good news in these numbers. The variants that might have been dismissed because they were only 5-10% of potential buyers now mean a potential extra 15-45k units and those aren't numbers of sales Ford is likely to turn their nose up at.

A $2k option could mean millions in extra profits each year.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, if the reservations started at 10100000 and the most recent one added to the list is 10352xxx that should be roughly 250k now. Curious to see how many pan out to orders myself. I'll admit I waited a bit thinking there was going to be a Build and Price tool in short order. Now I'm hoping I'll see it Fall of 21.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A quick look at the Chevy execs responsible for the new Blazer...

hqdefault.jpg
Which is why the new Hummer video is basically trying to attack the CyberTruck and the Bronco:

https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/29/t...swer-to-the-ford-bronco-and-tesla-cybertruck/

1000hp and they are claiming 11,500lb torque (Using some voodoo economics calculations i'm sure), they have an Adrenaline Mode (i.e. Ludicrous Mode), Open-Air Infinity Roof and Modular Roof Tiles (Hello Bronco), and a crab mode (Crawl mode).

Toolman1960

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Lariet FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm maybe I SHOULD buy some ford stock.
Do yourself a favor and check their debt before you do that and they don't pay a very good dividend anymore! They should recover their financial standing in a few years with the products they have coming, wait a while and monitor their trend. Just some friendly advice from someone who had the same thought until I investigated!
Sponsored