Sponsored

As-yet-unseen Bronco prototype codenamed “Rock Monster”, 2.7 V6 confirmed AND MORE!-TFLCar

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they are putting the EB in the best selling truck in the world and it is outselling the 5.0, why does anyone think they will offer a 5.0 in the Bronco? From my outside view looking in, I think it's a pipe dream to think a 5.0 will be offered.

I have a coyote in my 2011 F-150 and love it. But I am not holding my breath on one for the Bronco. I just do see it happening.
From what I understand, the V-6 or V-8 engine format will not fit inside the front fenders of the current Ranger platform. That is why they use an inline-5 diesel in New Zealand and the 2.3 i-4 in the US.

Maybe the will use the new Ranger platform, or will there be a full size on the F-150 and Baby Bronco on the existing Ranger?
Sponsored

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I could go for the 400hp EB in the Explorer.

Will that 3.0 fit in the Ranger?

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could go for the 400hp EB in the Explorer.

Will that 3.0 fit in the Ranger?
It's unclear if any V-configuration engine will fit in the current Ranger.

I think its safe to say that if the new chassis and body can fit a V6, the 3.0L Ecoboost should be no problem. Plenty of smaller vehicles fit larger engines.

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Gotcha. I did not realize the I4 was the only option on the US Ranger. That's not going to sell a lot for the Bronco and if I had to guess is limiting the Ranger sales.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really think a 5.0 in the Bronco just isn't going to happen. Now if Ford ever comes out with a FS Bronco then I think it could happen.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first article seems like a bit of a jumble of speculation, but their earlier one reporting a US spec Ranger seen/heard testing with a V8 is certainly interesting.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/spy-pics-v8-for-ford-ranger-117931/

ranger_v8.jpg

eta: Another interesting bit from them:

Ford Australia will lead the design project to create the next generation Ford Ranger and Volkswagen Amarok. But unlike the current T6 generation of mid-sized truck which is sold in Australia as Ranger and Everest, the next gen vehicle’s platform will be designed and developed in the USA.

...Blue Oval consolidates its global pick-up production to one, scalable platform.

The additional take-out is that it appears the next generation Ranger and F-Series models will share a common architecture...

Stated Ford: ... “As part of those changes, elements of the Ranger platform will integrate with Ford’s single, global body on frame flexible architecture, which will be led out of the United States.
https://www.carsales.com.au/editori...alia-to-lead-volkswagen-joint-project-116658/

Last edited:

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really don't see anything indicating the Raptor Ranger has a v8 if it had dual tailpipes possibly. Everything I have read about the T-6 Ranger says it would be very difficult to put a v8 into it. You can always find lots of speculation about all kinds of things going on in the automotive would but 95% of it never happens.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If they are putting the EB in the best selling truck in the world and it is outselling the 5.0, why does anyone think they will offer a 5.0 in the Bronco? From my outside view looking in, I think it's a pipe dream to think a 5.0 will be offered.

I have a coyote in my 2011 F-150 and love it. But I am not holding my breath on one for the Bronco. I just do see it happening.
I was pretty much in the same boat, because I personally don't see much business case for it. However, the fact that they're discussing it is interesting to me, as I didn't even think it would get that far... makes me hopeful that maybe they really are listening to the enthusiasts this time...

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don't see anything indicating the Raptor Ranger has a v8 . . . .
The Raptor trims would probably get the smallest 'eco'boost possible, or hybrid, just to make a point about absolute performance capacity. The same way the 3.5 did for the F150.

"Raptor" is about performance. The Bronco trim most likely to get a V8 will be 'about' aesthetics or nostalgia (heritage edition or some such) I would expect.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
eta: Another interesting bit from them:

Ford Australia will lead the design project to create the next generation Ford Ranger and Volkswagen Amarok. But unlike the current T6 generation of mid-sized truck which is sold in Australia as Ranger and Everest, the next gen vehicle’s platform will be designed and developed in the USA.

...Blue Oval consolidates its global pick-up production to one, scalable platform.

The additional take-out is that it appears the next generation Ranger and F-Series models will share a common architecture...

Stated Ford: ... “As part of those changes, elements of the Ranger platform will integrate with Ford’s single, global body on frame flexible architecture, which will be led out of the United States.
https://www.carsales.com.au/editori...alia-to-lead-volkswagen-joint-project-116658/
That there actually means it will allow a V8 to fit, but, with how motors are getting downsized there's something in me that says the Ranger won't ever get a V8. The Bronco could and it should, but, then, I also see Ford as a little too conservative and not bold enough at times. If there was ever a time they could use nostalgia and heritage to become a little bold and daring - and get away with it - it's now, by putting the Coyote in the Bronco.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That there actually means it will allow a V8 to fit, but, with how motors are getting downsized there's something in me that says the Ranger won't ever get a V8. The Bronco could and it should, but, then, I also see Ford as a little too conservative and not bold enough at times. If there was ever a time they could use nostalgia and heritage to become a little bold and daring - and get away with it - it's now, by putting the Coyote in the Bronco.
I really don't think there is anything physically preventing the 5.0L fitting in the Ranger/Bronco platform. They're just as wide as the Falcon, and taller -- if Ford engineers can fit it in a car, it can fit in a truck. It's just a question of whether or not the bean counters / project managers / executives want to do it for branding-strategy and meeting CAFE numbers.

The public certainly wants them to offer it. As long as the make-believe numbers from the other engines are good enough, I don't see anything holding them back.