First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you have to lift? Ford Dealer here is telling me the 285s won't fit on my Outer Banks.
No lift needed in my black diamond. No rubbing either

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hadn't seen the ICON 2.5 EXPs before but it seems like a great option. I think you're right, so much will be coming out over the following months/years it's probably best to wait.

I don't know why the rake bothers me so much but I really want to level my Bronco. I hear people saying how terrible the pucks and spacers are but are they really THAT bad?

I know they drive so well stock but honestly, I might be staring at my Bronco just as much as I'm driving it. haha
I came across a very lengthy discussion about coil/puck lifts vs perch collars in this forum. It went into extreme detail. If I can find the link, I'll share it.
A small leveling kit shouldnt cause any issue, but bigger strut/coilover spacer lifts start changing steering and CV angles that may cause damage, which we have all seen already, if youre not careful.
The spring perch collars keep the steering and CV angles happy, while only preloading the coil springs, which lifts the vehicle. Problem with the perch collars is now we are changing the resting position of the coilover. We essentially pushed the shock down, so now it rests closer to the full compression portion of the coilover, decreasing shock travel. That's the jist. This discussion got into numbers, percents, some hardcore nerd stuff. Really good info.

Ultimately, either one works, from what Ive gathered on social media and this forum.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was looking around today and realized that Jeep rubicon tires would be great to pick up as a takeoff set of tires for the bronco to save a few bucks. 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3 with a C load rating. FYI If you get the regular jeep variant they're only a 4 ply tire. Facebook fleamarket is your friend sometimes.

Sponsored

SaturnSkies

Base
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stock w/ 255/85's
Skinny for the winny.
Ford Bronco Show 33's some love picture thread 772EF2AA-9B85-48F2-B073-B67BCAD667BC
Ford Bronco Show 33's some love picture thread 772EF2AA-9B85-48F2-B073-B67BCAD667BC
Absolutely love seeing some good skinny tires on the base model like this, perfect look imo.
How have you found the handling and ride quality to be on the Falken’s at this size? I really love the look, but hate that you can only get them in M/T and no one makes an A/T in this size. Any issues with on-road performance at all?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But... 33's are useless off-road... LOL

You can't possibly wheel on 33's! Especially in a mall crawler obx without a sway bar disconnect or front locker... might as well go home. ;)

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But... 33's are useless off-road... LOL

You can't possibly wheel on 33's! Especially in a mall crawler obx without a sway bar disconnect or front locker... might as well go home. ;)
Are you on the stock suspension? That wheel and tire setup looks great. Looks like i see some yellow poking out in the video.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you on the stock suspension? That wheel and tire setup looks great. Looks like i see some yellow poking out in the video.
I was on the stock OBX suspension with those same rims and tires, but I recently put a set of Badlands shocks and springs underneath it (0.6" lift).

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was on the stock OBX suspension with those same rims and tires, but I recently put a set of Badlands shocks and springs underneath it (0.6" lift).
Sweet. Yeah I think that's my plan once takeoffs become more plentiful.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely love seeing some good skinny tires on the base model like this, perfect look imo.
How have you found the handling and ride quality to be on the Falken’s at this size? I really love the look, but hate that you can only get them in M/T and no one makes an A/T in this size. Any issues with on-road performance at all?
This post (and a couple others featuring the same base Bronco) are the reason I have 255/85r16 Falken M/Ts sitting in my basement right now. Waiting on delivery. Eager to see what the base will do in stock form with slightly larger tires. Colorado’s Alpine Loop and Ophir Pass Will be my first tests after taking delivery. Assuming I have my bronco by the time June ‘23 rolls around…

FrostedNuts

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tons of Fun
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm pretty happy with them so far, about 8500 miles, 1 rotation so far, including the spare into the rotation. They started off pretty quiet, but get louder at rotation, until they settle in. Tire is way overkill (10 ply, load range E) for the weight of the truck, but i run them pretty low PSI (32-ish, enough to keep the TPMS light off) and air them down a lot for wheeling.

Good rain performance (even at highway speeds) and fine road handling in dry. I have a mostly country lane commute and routine in VT, as well as i drive 5+ miles of dirt roads every day to my home. They can get pretty gnarly depending on time of year. If you're looking for quiet and ultimate comfort, i'd go with more of an A/T tire, but for my needs, they're just about perfect.

T
Sponsored