First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I turned that shit off on our Ranger. So dumb.
Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Guess I'm in the minority here, but I like the sound of my '21 2.3l... it gives me a little bit of a desiel vibe.

Plus, fuck that fake noise BS. Accepting fake engine noise as normal sounds like one of those "slippery slope" deals that, in the end, leads to the justification of that sex doll purchase 😉.
This seems to have escalated quickly.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I put the Forscan details a few posts up (also below).

If you're not familiar with Forscan, I'll have a more dedicated how-to video probably within the next week, maybe two if I get lazy. (I was already working on a Forscan video, so this will be an easy add.)
Awesome. A Forscan for Dummies would be greatly appreciated. New to the Ford world.

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the RC muffler delete, you solve the problem, as nothing piped in is ever going to cover that up. 😅

And you lose 50 pounds or so, easy inexpensive diet.
First post on this thread to mention enhancing exhaust so you can hear real engine sound. Okay, it's a 4 banger, but changing out the exhaust is what I did. That, and replacing the speakers, adding an amp and a sub helped too.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would be awesome if somebody figured out how to hack the software to replace the .wav file or whatever they use w/whatever sound you wanted! Like a J79 turbojet, or a 2stroke chainsaw engine? Now that would be a KILLER mod!
I would make that use a voice recording of "RUNrunrunrunrun zooooooomzoooooom" (with a toggle on/off) to use when driving new people around, hah! Great idea :p

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is totally ridiculous - and super funny! I guess it is the next step for Borla, considering how "popular" electric cars are supposed to become.
Yeah, I have to agree. If the bulk of your business is making noisy things noisier but that original noise is no more . . . you have to make it yourself. The cheap side of me (my only side, really) thinks a Mr. Microphone paired with some wireless outdoor speakers while I make "vroom vroom" noises would be almost as effective (and only slightly sillier). At least with Borla's system there's a number of vehicles to choose from - kind of like how Line 6's Helix stuff can let one pick from a wide range of guitar amps to emulate. Of course there still needs to be a guitar in the equation - there's no facility for amping "air guitar". :LOL:

Sponsored

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I have to agree. If the bulk of your business is making noisy things noisier but that original noise is no more . . . you have to make it yourself. The cheap side of me (my only side, really) thinks a Mr. Microphone paired with some wireless outdoor speakers while I make "vroom vroom" noises would be almost as effective (and only slightly sillier). At least with Borla's system there's a number of vehicles to choose from - kind of like how Line 6's Helix stuff can let one pick from a wide range of guitar amps to emulate. Of course there still needs to be a guitar in the equation - there's no facility for amping "air guitar". :LOL:
Good analogy on the Line 6 Helix - I totally get it. I have an old Behringer modelling amp an, if nothing else, it's fun to play with the 100+ crazy sounds it can make. And if it were newer, it would be just like this Borla item: endlessly upgradable. What a hoot it will be for you to have it make an old Beetle sound.

Aerpauly

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco Badlands 2.7 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to chime in ... I recently picked up a '24 Badlands 2.7 and immediately on the test drive noted the "sound enhancement". I actually kind of liked it.
Since then, I've done some of the common forscan audio changes - turned off EQ, changed the rear speaker settings, activated the sub. After making these changes, it no longer produces the sound enhancement / fake growl.
I've noticed mentions of the forscan setting for engine enhancement noise , and have looked at this code, but it still shows enabled, despite not producing the sound
727-01-01
  • Disabled: xxxx xxxx 0x**
  • Enabled: xxxx xxxx 1x**
Personally, I kind of liked the sound and found it fairly unobtrusive, and would eventually like to figure out how to reactivate it. However, for those of you who don't like it, perhaps doing the audio changes will also get rid of it for you?

Chris_Derksen

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can this Forscan change be done on a 2021 Badlands? Curious to see what it sounds like.
Sponsored