First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Odyssey Touring
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I am reading that the tire choice for the abominable snowman package will be M/T tires. Would they offer something in an A/T? I don’t plan to do much mudding and like a good chunk of buyers that want a more aggressive stance, mine will be on roads more than off. Something like the BFG T/A KO2 or the Nitto Terra Grappler is what I have in mind.
Sponsored

Ttp2017

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have also thought about the same thing. Hoping they offer a good A/T tire as well in the 35" rubber.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The M/T in the "Bumble" package you refer to, stands for Multi-Terrain. New tire from Goodyear

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, didn't notice that one, but I do now.

I can say this, the M/T on the Squatch does not look like a mud terrain to me, the tread blocks are to close together, this is more like an all terrain. The outer lugs on it are more like a mud terrain. hence the multi terrain.

pics for reference.....

Squatch tire......

Ford Bronco ‘Squatch Tire Options 1601688608243

mud terrain......

Ford Bronco ‘Squatch Tire Options 1601688665968

HAHA !!! more common mud terrain.......

Ford Bronco ‘Squatch Tire Options 1601688796380

The closer the tread blocks the quieter the tire. If it is the noise you are worried about then the Squatch tires should not be loud as the tread blocks are close together.

For what it is worth, in case you did not know, the car manufactures use a soft compound tire to make them more quiet and perform better. This cuts down on the tire life so don't be shocked when you will need to put tires on you Bronco rather quickly and then you can put as "quiet" as a tire you wish on it.

ItsAfram

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would much prefer KO2s or similar A/Ts for year round use. Mud tires and Colorado winters are not a good mix

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I am reading that the tire choice for the abominable snowman package will be M/T tires. Would they offer something in an A/T? I don’t plan to do much mudding and like a good chunk of buyers that want a more aggressive stance, mine will be on roads more than off. Something like the BFG T/A KO2 or the Nitto Terra Grappler is what I have in mind.
Your wish has been granted!!
The Goodyear M/T tires are not mud tires. They are basically aggressive all terrains. The M/T stands for Multi-Terrain.

Ford Bronco ‘Squatch Tire Options D8735BC9-A087-484A-9B89-404299B01CB0

OP
OP

ZekeInCbus

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Odyssey Touring
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Goodyear M/T tires are not mud tires. They are basically aggressive all terrains. The M/T stands for Multi-Terrain.

I hope you’re right, buuuuuut.....

I’ve seen it specifically mentioned as Mud Terrain though. Why would a tire manufacturer use an abbreviation that is common speak in the industry for one term, and totally change the definition? Never mind, it’s GY, that tells me all I need to know.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base

This is the creepiest gif I have ever seen... look at all the weirdness in the background.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read that the M/T tire on the Sasquatch is actually more of a “rut tire” which is essentially a hybrid of M/T and A/T. Would I prefer an A/T option? Absolutely. But I don’t think the M/Ts we’ve seen on the Bronco will be as bad as the ones you get on a Jeep in terms of road characteristics

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope you’re right, buuuuuut.....

I’ve seen it specifically mentioned as Mud Terrain though. Why would a tire manufacturer use an abbreviation that is common speak in the industry for one term, and totally change the definition? Never mind, it’s GY, that tells me all I need to know.
You’re right. The Ford website calls them mud. Goodyear does not. It’s weird. But you can see the pattern and it’s obviously not like a traditional mud tire. They are really a hybrid which is between all terrain and muds. Which actually translates to a more aggressive all terrain. Hybrids are all the rave at the moment. They look aggressive but are as quiet and smooth as an all terrain.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im confused on the Goodyear Territory “MT” designation as well. On one Canadian site it refers to MT as “Maximum Traction” others as multi terrain. It is definitely NOT a mud terrain though.

F5BA9EC7-F755-44EC-963E-7225E30F7E76.png
Sponsored