ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak & 2018 F150 Supercrew Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As I told the wife after finding this out, all the swag in the world is nice but build my fucking Bronc already. I just don't get it. :(
Yeah, as to that the Bronco swag, Ford had stated somewhere that all that swag was to appease the long-suffering reservation/order holders who have held out for their Broncos. Well, I added the long-suffering part because Ford doesn't care. If Ford did care about appeasing those waiting for over 2 years with the swag, I wonder why then that the swag packages in the mail have always had my name listed and then followed by 'or Current Resident'. Yeah, nothing says they care like 'this is just for you' OR whoever lives here now!
Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So.... I live a decent way from my dealer, a trip there isn't quick, especially with 3 small kids. I've done basically everything except the original test dive and order by email. The sales manager's email/customer service skills are spotty at best, and I assume that he's physically beaten down by this Bronco process at this point so every email from every order holder probably sends him into a rage. My actual sales person, literally doesn't reply to emails/calls at all so I am unsure if she is even still there. Just the Sales Manager replies. Went with this dealer, since the company I work for has purchased about 6 Transit Connects in the last 2 or 3-ish years so I figured, this was the best play based on why/how this Bronco is being purchased.

I preemptively sent in a new B&P and copy of my drivers license to my 'team' instead of waiting for them to contact me. In about 36 hours I received my DORA and received my email from Ford about my 2023 order being submitted later that night... I follow up with the sales manager about COVP and if he needs anything else from me. If not please send the receipt because that is what I have seen the playbook advises. He then tells me that COVP is a just a dealer thing, and "I am good to go, and not to worry." Riiiiight...... I get the feeling that the receipt should be simple to send over whether it's a dealer thing or not, and that by avoiding it, I am super pumped for him to actually submit my COVP in November near the deadline... after they get some sweet dealer stock Broncos in this scheduling round.

Am I being too cynical?

Am I good to go since I received the official Ford email and my DORA isn't 99d?

ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hoping all you early reservation holders get built in the first quarter of 2023 production. Lets get er' done for these folks FORD. The wait has been long and hard to deal with but as so many have said....yes....it is "worth the wait". I could not be more happy with my Bronco (received 7-15-22, 2 years to the exact date of reservation).
Ford Bronco ⏰ 2023 Bronco Scheduling Begins! -- Starting Next Week (10/3) For 2023MY Production Build Weeks 11/4 Through 11/28 1664831115193
Love that color in the 2 door. I'm not sure why I never really loved it in the 4 door though.

Sponsored

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Should I try some optimism? My priority code was a 19 on my MY22 but I got my DORA for my 23 and it's a 10. Also I didn't get COVP confirmation, they took a copy of my driver's license and said I was all good. Is that something I should follow up on?
Depends on how much you trust your dealer and/or Ford. It doesn't take much effort for your dealer to forward the COVP confirmation email from Ford, that way you will have no doubts that everything is completed.
So.... I live a decent way from my dealer, a trip there isn't quick, especially with 3 small kids. I've done basically everything except the original test dive and order by email. The sales manager's email/customer service skills are spotty at best, and I assume that he's physically beaten down by this Bronco process at this point so every email from every order holder probably sends him into a rage. My actual sales person, literally doesn't reply to emails/calls at all so I am unsure if she is even still there. Just the Sales Manager replies. Went with this dealer, since the company I work for has purchased about 6 Transit Connects in the last 2 or 3-ish years so I figured, this was the best play based on why/how this Bronco is being purchased.

I preemptively sent in a new B&P and copy of my drivers license to my 'team' instead of waiting for them to contact me. In about 36 hours I received my DORA and received my email from Ford about my 2023 order being submitted later that night... I follow up with the sales manager about COVP and if he needs anything else from me. If not please send the receipt because that is what I have seen the playbook advises. He then tells me that COVP is a just a dealer thing, and "I am good to go, and not to worry." Riiiiight...... I get the feeling that the receipt should be simple to send over whether it's a dealer thing or not, and that by avoiding it, I am super pumped for him to actually submit my COVP in November near the deadline... after they get some sweet dealer stock Broncos in this scheduling round.

Am I being too cynical?

It depends on how much you trust the dealer...yes, COVP is "just a dealer thing" but it shouldn't be too hard at all for him to forward to you the COVP confirmation email from Ford. That way you will know for sure that all of the steps were completed. Given all that has happened the past 2+ years with the roll out, I don't think it is being cynical to make sure your order is squared away. You have to look out for yourself in this type of situation.

Last edited:

jasonam22

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I being too cynical?

I went to Ford chat. "They said"(I know..) after giving them my order number and sales code that I am awaiting 2023 scheduling. I asked specifically about COVP and the rep said that since my order shows and is ready to be scheduled COVP and the reorder is complete and was done correctly. I've still requested the COVP email.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also got my (re)order confirmation from Ford before leaving the dealership. It was a tremendous relief. I was anxious about how long it would take to get the acknowledgment from Ford. I never got an email from Ford or my dealer about coming in to reorder, but I have made my intentions known via emails and phone conversations.

My dealer has been pretty awesome. I coordinated my in-person visit to execute the COVP and they were very accommodating. They printed out a new DORA for me to sign and we went over everything line-for-line, which was good because the original printout omitted the Sasquatch package from my order! We cleared that up right away. Now everything is exactly as I want it.

I dropped the tow package after coming to the conclusion that I wouldn't be towing anything anytime soon. The real reason I wanted it was for a bike rack, so I figured I could add that later and sidestep the whole constraint issue.

For those who are curious, your order number remains the same as before. My dealer also gave me Priority 10 status, which is the best I could possibly hope for. I'm crossing my fingers, but I'm still settling in for a long wait...
I re-ordered my 2023 Bronco on 9/23/22 (originally order 11/21). Called Ford today and they confirmed priority 10 status with no constraints despite the fact I added the tow package back on when I reordered... Based on a few calls to Ford this year, the whole constraint thing seemed to be a moving target. My take is there was with no intelligible way to decode what action you needed to take to improve your chances of getting built. Then again, I have a 2 door on order which automatically puts me in a minority.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to Ford chat. "They said"(I know..) after giving them my order number and sales code that I am awaiting 2023 scheduling. I asked specifically about COVP and the rep said that since my order shows and is ready to be scheduled COVP and the reorder is complete and was done correctly. I've still requested the COVP email.
At this point, I’d say just sit tight until at least this Thurday to see where things stand. Chill out for now.

Even if neither you, nor I receive the Golden Ticket email on this Thursday, by the time the next round comes out, that’ll be around 20K Broncos built and delivered before the next round, so if you’re still a 2020 res guy, that next round should cover us. For the 2021 and other late to the party crowd, really want those guys to be quiet already. 2 1/2 years is a long time to wait for any vehicle that’s not named Ferrari or at the least, Vette.

ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
May 7, 2021 reservation. Nothing.
August 27, 2020 reservation - March 5, 2021 Converted to Order - October 14, 2021 1st Re-Order - September 21, 2022 2nd Re-Order. Nothing from Ford.

There are thousands more out there too. You are not alone.

Sponsored

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does priority even mean anything? Mines been 10 the entire time, and still 10 after conversion.
Also, is towing still a constraint? I was just gonna go aftermarket w/ 4 pin for a bike rack and occasional Uhaul. I'm on the fence on whether I need a brake controller or not. I don't think so, but who knows what I want to do with it a couple years from now.
Same with priority of 10 for my reorder. My dealer mentioned that towing was a constraint when I reordered the MY23 (I took it off of my original MY22 hoping for a build). I had him add it back on and verified on the preview order I signed for the reorder on 9/23/22. I called Ford today on 10/3/22, gave them my sales and order codes and asked if there were any constraints. They confirmed no constraints, priority 10, status of "order processing". I'm hoping I've done all I need to as I get back in the queue for rejoicing or further disappointment...

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Uh, maybe they are still working in the MY22 side of WBDO (if that is possible)? Ford converted/duplicated all existing MY22 orders to MY23 and changed all Cyber Orange orders to Black. CO shouldn't even show as an option in MY23.

You may want to have another conversation with your dealer or go pay them a visit as something is definitely not right.
The only thing we can think of is that this is the regular Heritage order and it is set to Unscheduled - Material Hold

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine are strange - Received order confirmation email from Ford. First link shows order is placed, second link showing that order in process and no green check yet.
Ford Bronco ⏰ 2023 Bronco Scheduling Begins! -- Starting Next Week (10/3) For 2023MY Production Build Weeks 11/4 Through 11/28 1664831115193
Same.

BroncoDave79

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point, I’d say just sit tight until at least this Thurday to see where things stand. Chill out for now.

Even if neither you, nor I receive the Golden Ticket email on this Thursday, by the time the next round comes out, that’ll be around 20K Broncos built and delivered before the next round, so if you’re still a 2020 res guy, that next round should cover us. For the 2021 and other late to the party crowd, really want those guys to be quiet already. 2 1/2 years is a long time to wait for any vehicle that’s not named Ferrari or at the least, Vette.
First time poster here!…long time lurker and searcher. :)

so Thursday is THE DAY for when we’ll know if we’re scheduled through November? Will all builds through Nov be notified on this single day?

thanks for clarifying!

dave

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First time poster here!…long time lurker and searcher. :)

so Thursday is THE DAY for when we’ll know if we’re scheduled through November? Will all builds through Nov be notified on this single day?

thanks for clarifying!

dave
Have you converted to MY23 build?
Sponsored