Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F250 4X4 NOW, 1990 FORD BRONCO BEFORE THAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it happened. was notified by my dealer last Thursday and got my vin and a production date of 9/19. Nothing from Ford yet and nothing on the site. So I'm not holding my breath. But after 2 + years,
any news is good I guess.

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Another year gone but Ill take an opportunity to switch to a Heritage.

BLafferty

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Chevy Black Widow, 22 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Order date 1/25/21. Just happened to check the production tracker last Thursday and lo and behold, I'm scheduled for production week of 9/12/22! No email from Ford. Dealer didn't get anything either. He checked the site and said notifications had been turned off and he couldn't turn them back on. No VIN yet. He is checking on that too. Fingers crossed but I'll believe it when it shows up at the dealership. WT, 2dr, Lux, Eruption Green, auto

Sponsored

tboettcher14

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's no big mystery about why you got scheduled. Your dealer had allocation. That rules everything else. Ford's reservation system was a consumer-hostile sham. Really just a marketing list helping to drum up customers for dealers with allocation, not an actual ordered queue for buyers.
I have been reading these scheduling threads with growing interest while my current lease end date rapidly approaches, and see lots of mentions of "dealer allocation," but have not found what I would consider definitive explanation of what that entails. Having placed my MY22 order almost 10 months ago, I'm wondering if maybe I have unwittingly made myself a victim of this unforeseen constraint. Does anyone have a link to some reasonable explanation of the allocation criteria?

Cohm0902

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris ohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2104 Ram 1500 ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cant believe Ford anymore. The whole purpose shutting order banks down in March...to get ALL CONVERTED MY21 TO MY22 orders done by the end of 2022. Well if thats the case, ive been waiting 21 months and have heard crap from Ford on mine... but others walk in March 5 2022, placed a order for a Wildtrak and went into production
Ford Bronco ⏰ Bronco Scheduling Next Week (8/22) For Production Build Weeks 10/3 Through 10/17 Screenshot_20220822-045810_Facebook
8/18/22.. WTF.. so PLEASE FORD EXPLAIN THAT

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone have a link to some reasonable explanation of the allocation criteria?
In a very shorthand version -- dealers are granted a certain number of Broncos a month(?) based on past sales numbers of other makes of vehicles.

Modrod66

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, Jeep Cherokee XJ, 2022 Bronco OtrBanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some people who ordered their Bronco from the same dealership a few weeks before ours just got a build date. It took about a month for them to get a date after the order was "Processed". We just got the word ours was processed from Ford so we are hoping it gets built soon. Ordered it back in December. Got the hard top, Lux, towing and 2.7.

Last edited:
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My back door changed over Thursday to in production. Dealer revived a VIN # and build date of 9/26. I’m not getting my hopes up but it does seem closer with the number. Ford has yet to send out a email. If it builds I will have waited 2 years since I reserved it.
I have a hunch those weeks are scheduled... just like next week no one will see anything about these dates. I think the back door and other means of dissemination take a cycle or two to populate. Just a hunch... but I bet the folks who found out their build dates this week have been scheduled since the last scheduling round. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

tboettcher14

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a very shorthand version -- dealers are granted a certain number of Broncos a month(?) based on past sales numbers of other makes of vehicles.
Thanks for the reply. I got the gist from all the prior mentions, but is there any published criteria or is this all just internet conspiracy theory fodder?

sgriffin911

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX "Largo" + 7 other Fords 1964-2019
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BrotaryEngine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the reply. I got the gist from all the prior mentions, but is there any published criteria or is this all just internet conspiracy theory fodder?
I believe Granger shared the formula back in October of last year, but it was just the formula. You'd still need to know the numbers to plug into the formula and I doubt either Ford or the dealers would be willing to share that.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The formula is supposed to be proprietary Ford information, so you won't find it on their website. And the individual allocation numbers are known by the dealers, some of whom share them, but most of whom do not. However, from dealers that post here, we know the 2022 formula is:

50% Overall Ford sales history for past 3 years
25% 2021 Bronco allocations
25% 2021 Bronco Sport % sales

I believe the 2021 allocation was 50% the number of Bronco orders at that dealership.

So at best, the number of Broncos ordered at a particular dealership only has 12.5% influence over how many Broncos that dealership gets. The ratio of outstanding Bronco orders to overall sales volume at the dealership is therefore the major determinant of when orders placed with that dealership can be fulfilled. It can make years of difference.

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't believe anything they say anymore... What happened to all the October build dates that were supposed to get scheduled this week? Hard to "clean up" scheduling that didn't appear to have happened.
By the grace of God I finally got the good news. Scheduled for 9/26!! Fingers crossed
Sponsored