George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-350. 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Promising they are actually scheduling. Maybe that is a sign that things are improving. I do have a question. My original build was this week 2/14/2022, I have been bumped like 6 times to 4/18 build week as have many others. If 4/4 build week wasn't full why would they push to 4/18 week? I have no constraints that I know of in my build. I assume they are trying to fill those weeks for vehicles outside of the ones that have been bumped from earlier weeks, it would just seem that you would fall into the first week that wasn't fully scheduled, which appears to be the week of 4/4.
At least you had a build date. I have nothing other than a reservation date of Aug.2020 and a my22 roll over. Not one date given to me yet. Absolutely B.S.
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At least you had a build date. I have nothing other than a reservation date of Aug.2020 and a my22 roll over. Not one date given to me yet. Absolutely B.S.
Agree. Just trying to understand the scheduling moves. A few of us were already in those weeks in April. My guess is they spread some of the bumps out over a few weeks based on our original scheduled build week and are now scheduling the remaining builds to fill out those weeks. I would think there would be at least 10,000 Vins and dates given next week. Hope your selected.

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion... I believe those of us that had our EDD moved from February to May is an estimated time frame from Ford. Now that I see they have pushed the build dates to April, it seems to me that the Ice Mountain Broncos will be delivered sooner that May. Of course time will tell.
I was bumped from 2/21 to 4/11. I have yet to receive any emails from ford other than my initial res email back in July. My dealer gave me the news. Hoping to get it by the summer but who knows at this point?

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was bumped from 2/21 to 4/11. I have yet to receive any emails from ford other than my initial res email back in July. My dealer gave me the news. Hoping to get it by the summer but who knows at this point?
Most of us were bumped to May so look at it this way, you're ahead a whole bunch of us. I would love to have an April EDD. My birthday is May 1st.

Sponsored

10Terp

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Expedition, '12 Mustang GT, '06 Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can’t wait for the inevitable disappointment. 7/17/20 reservation holder. It’s sad that this whole ordeal has killed most of my excitement for this car. I just want it for the summer…and to retire our 250k mile expedition.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How is it cruel? Should Ford not schedule anything until Ice Mountain and orders in the hopper are completed?

That sounds like some "how you royally screw up assembly line economics 101" type business to me!
For what I understand, Ice Mountain is bad chips, not no chips ... hopefully they'll have enough coming in to replace those and support some amount of new production. I don't think Ford much prefers to just crank out new builds and let work in process (Ice Mountain) just sit. I think the economics are more complicated, it costs Ford to have that massive amount of vehicles just sitting there on their books, just as it "costs" them not to be running the production line. Assuming enough chips it would seem manpower to do both might not be an issue.

We'll probably see a mix of these two - good luck.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This was always the most likely scenario, from the second that Ice Mountain formed. Idling the assembly line is one of the things that hurts Ford's bottom line the most.

Once you're moved into a lot, you're outside the normal process that is optimized to crank out trucks as quickly as possible. Your rig is now a slow custom job for Ford.
True, but its expensive work in process and the quickest way to make a profit. Assuming enough chips they can do some of both - manpower shouldn't be an issue. I think we'll see a mix ... isn't that what really happened with dirt mountain?

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep. I was scheduled this week 2/14 and have gotten the double bump sequence for the past 3 weekends straight. I’m now 4/18. Thing is I have Zero of those constraints. I have had 5 dates over the past 3 weeks. Hoping with them scheduling those stop tonight. I really don’t understand them bumping me to 4/18 and then schedule builds 4/4 and 4/11. I would understand if I had constraints but I have none. Other than maybe the MID package having more chips?
With no contraints, you still have dealer and regional allocations?

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For what I understand, Ice Mountain is bad chips, not no chips ... hopefully they'll have enough coming in to replace those and support some amount of new production. I don't think Ford much prefers to just crank out new builds and let work in process (Ice Mountain) just sit. I think the economics are more complicated, it costs Ford to have that massive amount of vehicles just sitting there on their books, just as it "costs" them not to be running the production line. Assuming enough chips it would seem manpower to do both might not be an issue.

We'll probably see a mix of these two - good luck.
This is incorrect. No one from Ford has ever said they’ve received bad chips. They shut down MAP for two weeks because of a chip outage/shortage. Trust me, if they had an alibis they would have used it.
I believe some have theorized that Ford had to have received bad chips as opposed to building trucks that they didn’t have all the parts (chips) for…..because that would be just “bad luck” instead of further evidence of Ford’s incompetence. But, alas, it’s simply more incompetence, and let’s throw more fuel on the fire by reversing the order of Ice Mountain arrivals, and ship out the most recent (1/31 build weeks) and let those that have been there the longest show no progress towards shipping, or even being built.
As soon as our edd dates got pushed 3 months, we saw the writing on the wall……after all the precedent/ops plan was established with the unfortunate Dirt Mountain bunch. But we had some hope Ford had learned from the terrible optics of that cluster fuck and would show some sense of organization and fairness. Nope Ford is as callous and tone deaf as they are incompetent.
The fact that 2021 models are sitting at Ice Mountain and will still be sitting there after some of those hoping to get April build dates, actually receive their trucks show just how little regard Ford has for their end customers.
I have a first 10 minute day 1 reservation and only got scheduled a week or 2 after I asked to be code 99’d (since I was already pushed to MY22) so I could wait for a Braptor….how’s that for irony?
No, Ford doesn’t concern itself with fairness, or process, or optics. As long as dealerships keep buying their vehicles and their stock keeps rising they don’t give a flying fuck what happens after a window sticker is produced and vehicle is invoiced.

Last edited:

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey I’m in Ventura County also. What dealer did you go through? Did you ever actually order, or just have a reservation?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but its expensive work in process and the quickest way to make a profit. Assuming enough chips they can do some of both - manpower shouldn't be an issue. I think we'll see a mix ... isn't that what really happened with dirt mountain?
It's a mix but the line has priority. Say Ford thinks the line will be able to produce a maximum of 300 Broncos before the next component shipment. If MAP receives 500 components, they will send 300 to the line and 200 to Ice Mountain. If MAP receives 301 components, they will send 300 to the line and 1 to Ice Mountain.

Also my suspicion is that the team that handles the custom jobs is smaller and much slower than a well-oiled production line. So even in my 300/200 example, the factory might produce 2000 new trucks in the time it takes the Ice Mountain team to install 200 components.

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs