Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I fully get
1) the assembly line must continue to move for a lot of reasons
2) you can only build with parts you have
3) I support incomplete builds to keep people in jobs and the supply mountain must be kept small too

It’s of not value to store a mountain of parts waiting on a swaybar disconnect for a badlands

But why is a manual base being built for a WALK IN ORDER, when someone somewhere has a manual base as a reservation.
Sponsored

jimd1

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well now I have been bumped from 6/13/22/ build date to 6/20/22/, and now into the 6/27/22 limited scheduling dates !! fords new ride at the fair is a big bouncy house, bouncing build dates all over the place

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They're actually not cracking down on this.
They're cracking down on dealers and name matching. So, in effect, the dealers would be punished for this dick move once the order is abandoned and they sell to other than the order holder.

They could crack down on exactly this and it may help marginally. It would seem quite easy to match orders to order holder information and raise flags in the order system to prevent duplicate, or multiple, orders.
They could be or not, no telling if one order is affecting another order the same person may have. Ford needs to make it apparent if they are doing things. There is also the reality that people may have need for multiple vehicles. I intend to take delivery on every one I have on order.

Ford can see how many orders are under a name and an email in their system. I’ve heard of several instances that dealers are calling to verify if customers are still planning to take delivery. If there are FOUR orders under one name and email, I’m sure that’s bound to look suspicious. Why would it be the dealers fault that they put in an order not knowing that the same customer has put in 5 more orders at different dealerships? It’s basically dealer hopping to see which gives you the best outcome, but this is a $40,000+ vehicle a company is producing for YOU. At some point people, not dealers, will have to be held accountable. It’s not cool to people who have ordered one and are patiently waiting, but then John Doe has put in 5 that he has no intention of picking up.
Well I have intention to take delivery on all ordered and other than my first order, I was completely open with dealers about orders I had pending when placing new orders. Now there is one order I might cancel should that original order gets a build date, but if both got a build date before I could cancel I would take delivery.

I was thinking the same. The crackdown shouldn't punish dealers for this. They have no visibility of dealer hopping as mentioned above. What it should punish is dealers having employees order with no intent of purchase - essentially creating stock orders.

Yep... this is the dick move that is creating a larger mess.
Have to look at the situation. I had four vehicles in the household when I reserved in 2020 and my July 2020 bronco build (and subsequent order and MY22 rollover) was an entirely surplus vehicle and just for me due to the manual transmission. With all the delays we are down to two vehicles, both over 200K miles, one not suitable for daily driving yet is my daily driver right now because it is all I have and the other which also is used for daily driving is starting to have transmission problems.

The second bronco order was different specifically to meet the household needs and placed on the assumption well with lead times we will need another vehicle by the time it is ready (which has become true). Now we started having problems with the one car and were about to purchase another vehicle (non bronco) off the lot because the need was there but no scheduling on either orders. Before that deal closed we got a schedule date on the second order, so paused the deal believing we likely have imminent delivery. That one was built, but now just seems to be sitting forever with no idea and the one car isn't getting better, but there isn't a vehicle on the lot so the third order which is not a bronco believing that will be sooner.

good...there needs to be about a $1000 non refundable deposit at order time. I had to do it with the last Ford I ordered and Bronco should be no different.
I have no problem with that but it is sort of hard to say no refund if build isn't getting scheduled. In my three orders I have over $5K tied up in deposits and haven't seen anything.

Placing a MY23 Bronco order would be because I have zero faith that ford will ever fill that order tied to my July 2020 reservation and their demonstrated practice of filling essentially identical builds on orders placed end of last year or this year. For whatever reason, dealer or ford or something between them that old reservation, like many others, just languishes. Heck give me back my money back on the one and let me cancel it, but I am confident the dealer will still keep it open in my name to get the vehicle and let it be one of the 25% that doesn't need name match.

Spitrat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 BMW 335is,15 Chev 2500 DMax, 16 BMW R 1200 RS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
7/16/2020 reservation. Got bumped from 5/30 to 6/27. It’s all just empty words and numbers on a computer screen.
Ford Bronco ⏱ Limited Bronco Scheduling Next Week (5/30) For Build Weeks 6/27, 7/18, 7/25 276C1237-367A-48B2-B3C0-76DF5A2B68A4

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8 digit reservation #? I don’t have an 8 digit #. Do you need a VIN for that?
The backdoor link is almost identical to the standard Ford log in page that is available for reservation holders. If you don’t have a reservation this link won’t function.

There are other options if you have a VIN, but I’m not sure how that works as I’m still waiting.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What am I missing?
Are they building broncos of any model and trim that anyone has on order via a reservation that is being built for
1) a walk in customer
2) dealer stock

It’s really a simple yes or no

I believe they are.

But I suppose the only models being built that are not going to people with reservations are simply not on order
Reservations have priority, then orders without a reservation, then dealer stock. Dealer stock has strict restrictions on what can be built. Our store as an example (600+ reservations) has never received a dealer stock order.

Res holders are not being passed over for dealer stock with the same build

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservations have priority, then orders without a reservation, then dealer stock. Dealer stock has strict restrictions on what can be built. Our store as an example (600+ reservations) has never received a dealer stock order.

So let’s say I ordered one from you. And somewhere else

Who is to say I’m not buying both? Whose to say by the time both/either are built I don’t need both/either

Again I am very well always of the world today

I was procurement one a large lumber distribution company and had to buy products overseas. So I am hyper aware of all of it

But ford punish anyone for more than an order is silly, or to punish you at your dealership because by the time you get the 599/600 those order holders may have moved on. Why punish you?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s your dealer

You’re telling me no dealer is getting dealer stock of a reservation orders build? I’ll tell you 100% a local dealer to me just got a stock order ‘gifted’ to them they neither placed nor asked for

Mathematically it’s almost impossible to build an order that would be stock and not have one single cross with 70,000 orders

I just don’t see it

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s your dealer

You’re telling me no dealer is getting dealer stock of a reservation orders build? I’ll tell you 100% a local dealer to me just got a stock order ‘gifted’ to them they neither placed nor asked for

Mathematically it’s almost impossible to build an order that would be stock and not have one single cross with 70,000 orders

I just don’t see it
Soft top Big Bend bases with no options are getting built as stock. There are not a lot of those in the order bank via reservation or customer order. Let me know when you see a hard top badlands as an order type 2 (stock)

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soft top Big Bend bases with no options are getting built as stock. There are not a lot of those in the order bank via reservation or customer order.
My dealer (mid-size in Phoenix) also claims they have recieved no dealer stock. However, soft tops in PHX are obviously going to be a lot more popular than up in snow country, and their soft top orders are being delivered at a much higher rate than their average order age.

Seen plenty of Badlands on the road, but they are all squish-tops. Only hard top I have ever seen in person was at the "Drive the Bronco" event.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmm - according to my dealer, my order number is 4 digits.
If you have your 4 digit order number and the sales code you can contact the web chat or call in and they will provide you an update.
Sponsored