First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve never, ever found that to be the case. Generally they don’t give a rats ass where you bought it, and service often doesn’t even know. They want your service business and will do everything they can to treat you well enough to keep it after the warranty period. At least around here…the sales departments around Northern Virginia might be crap, but the service departments kiss your butt big time to keep you coming back.
No my case with my dealer.... since 1972... only one I do business with.... treat me like a king.... loaners at no cost when I need one.. pick up and delivery when service is needed.... only had 3 sales persons during this time... always great.... not changing....
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, we all know about the part constraints, that was not the point.

The argument was that Ford was manipulating the allocation system to deter people from ordering so they could churn out stock orders versus reservation orders with the reasoning that stock orders could be built at a far greater speed than reservations. While true that like builds do streamline the assembly process, Ford already recognized that early on and publicly stated that similar reservation builds would be batched together for efficiency. This efficiency coupled with the fact that there is always one production process that can't be maximized any further and therefore dictates assembly line production negates the argument being made. Part constraints have nothing to do with it.
Well, I answered your question. Reservations not being built are 2-Door due to hard top, and those with many of those items I listed. Ford wants to build what they can build and as many as they can build.

I have been offered a 4-door Outerbanks that customer reservation holder could not get financing for MSRP, also offered a Big Bend -4-door reservation customer backed out on. I want what I reserved and ordered.

Yes its screwed up FORD is manipulating the Allocation for 2022 and will be screwing reservation holders. We must be prioritized over a Big dealer ordering stock order, just like my build.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No my case with my dealer.... since 1972... only one I do business with.... treat me like a king.... loaners at no cost when I need one.. pick up and delivery when service is needed.... only had 3 sales persons during this time... always great.... not changing....
Yes, but I bet the service department at your dealer treats the guy that just moved to your town and bought his vehicle somewhere else with the same level of service they treat you.

That's been my case with every vehicle I've purchased after I've moved to another city. Service departments don't care where you bought your vehicle. Yes they are going to give you good service if you bought it there, but they do as well if you bought it elsewhere.

I get free loaner cars, pick and delivery, etc. etc.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You forget one thing.... if you need warranty work and you take it to your local dealer where you did not buy it from.... you are low man on totem pole.... my peace of mine is service locally
Ya that's just not been my experience. My understanding is dealers want the warranty work no matter where it came from...…especially now. I also think your assuming there's more communication between sales and service than there is.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well,maybe they will let us move our “reorder” and then we can all just go to big dealerships to get our Bronco earlier ? Then perhaps all the small dealerships will band together and push Ford the other way

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You forget one thing.... if you need warranty work and you take it to your local dealer where you did not buy it from.... you are low man on totem pole.... my peace of mine is service locally
All warranty work is low man on the totem pole. They’re not pushing you to the top because you bought the vehicle from them. You’ll wait 2-4 weeks like everyone else.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have done this in the past enough and used other "good" service departments over where I actually bought the vehicle. They treat you the same, you are in the computer, you are getting work. Sales/Service Dept are very disconnected after the sale.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All warranty work is low man on the totem pole. They’re not pushing you to the top because you bought the vehicle from them. You’ll wait 2-4 weeks like everyone else.
Not in my case.... warranty work is always regular customers first... you just may not know it....if you didn't purchase it from them....never waited over a day for warrant work if parts were available...and nothing major....have talked to service guy..... that's the way it works regular customers first.....

Red_blazer

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not in my case.... warranty work is always regular customers first... you just may not know it....if you didn't purchase it from them....never waited over a day for warrant work if parts were available...and nothing major....have talked to service guy..... that's the way it works regular customers first.....
I bought a mower five years ago when I bought my house and went to the servicing Husqvarna dealer fifteen miles away when Lowe’s sold the mower two miles away. The dealer said he appreciated my business and I told him I wanted to buy from a servicing dealer in case I needed work and he grinned and said, “yeah, we always take care of our customers first.“ I realize it might be apples to oranges but I know that the servicing dealer situation does occur some places.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m glad you have a Ford dealer that gives a shit. The 9 dealers in my market don’t offer good service to anyone. I would not expect my selling dealer to offer good service, answer the phone, or work quickly.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well there you go...you're all set then. Why do you care? My original post I specifically used the words "For me Personally" Does that make sense?

JFC...I honestly think some of you just want to argue. It's one thing to debate subject matter, it's a whole different thing to repeat the same talking point ten times in your anecdotal example.

Good day sir....I've got a plane to catch for Iowa.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m glad you have a Ford dealer that gives a shit. The 9 dealers in my market don’t offer good service to anyone. I would not expect my selling dealer to offer good service, answer the phone, or work quickly.
My Bronco is also MSRP... just a hand shake....

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I'll avoid that service department if I ever move to Texas. That said, most service departments want to steal customers from where they bought the vehicle. You have an outlier that is not very good at doing that part apparently, and doesn't care about earning service business. My bet is the reality is that they make you feel the way you do about being "special", but give great service to everyone to keep that super profitable business rolling in...since you have never tried anywhere else, I'll let you know that your anecdote is not typical of how things go.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, I'll avoid that service department if I ever move to Texas. That said, most service departments want to steal customers from where they bought the vehicle. You have an outlier that is not very good at doing that part apparently, and doesn't care about earning service business. My bet is the reality is that they make you feel the way you do about being "special", but give great service to everyone to keep that super profitable business rolling in...since you have never tried anywhere else, I'll let you know that your anecdote is not typical of how things go.
Never need to try anywhere else.... and please don't move to Texas... got enough Yankees moving here now... :)

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw the allocation formula and it makes no sense. It needs more explanation. I agree with what others posted....build by time stamp and build them all. I am guessing there are about 110,000 orders left to build and pushed to 2022. Pretty accurate data over the last year has suggested that MAP can crank out 1,000 Broncos and Rangers a day (2 shifts, 500 per shift.) Using the original 60% of that are Broncos, that's 600 Broncos a day X 6 days a week = 3,600 per week. 110,000 divided by 3,600 = 30.5 weeks divided by 4.3 weeks per month = 7 months. 7 months to build 110,000 Broncos...that gets Ford all caught up by Aug 1, 2022. Unless they are anticipating huge build issues and delays next year....WHY ARE SOME DEALERS ALLOCATIONS BEING CUT TO 25% of their 2021 allocation? My Dealer would go from 18 (2021) to 5 for 2022. If this is accurate....then Ford does not believe they can get caught up with all these orders even in year 2022.
Sponsored