First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
only 55-60% of Americans invest in the stock market. I would guesstimate that the majority of people like myself who do invest in the market are long term retirement investors.

Buying/not buying because od market swings are probably not a lot of people. MAYBE interest rates, but even then on a $50k loan, if 3% is OK, 6% shouldn't make too much of a difference.
1) How many are buying as daily drivers, and how many as toys? If it's a toy, then they will be stock market investors.

2) Recessions are not just rising interest rates. They are also rising qualification requirements. The Ford CFO already stated that they are seeing more loan defaults.

3) You underestimate the effect of rising rates from a low level. People are taking out six and seven year loans on cars at 3%. At 6% those go from crazy to absurdly crazy. So, you not only have a higher interest payment, but you have a higher principal payment with a shorter term.
Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
TOTAL BRONCOS BUILT 2021: 54,562
TOTAL BRONCOS BUILT 2022(to date): 72,623

TOTAL BRONCOS BUILT: 127,186

Taking the average production for the last six months (12,104) and assuming the 2022’s will be produced till October (four more months) — I estimate Ford will produce an additional 48,416 2022 Broncos. That will bring the overall total to around 175,000.

Rumors where that there were 190,000 reservations and that 80%+ converted to orders.

I can’t tell you when you’ll get your Bronco or why you haven’t already. But I can say that by the end of 2022 Ford will have had the ability to fill every reservation. So if you have a reservation and you get pushed to model 2023, just know that it wasn’t the supply chain, Russia, COVID, or chip shortages that caused that. It’s was Ford Motor Company choosing greed over integrity.

‘Mercia
I think these are total production units vs US only sales units. Canada, Mexico or Worldwide sales not included. Then factor in Dirt->Ice->Dirt mountain pile.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Day 2 reservation. Nothing.

FORD does not honor its reservation holders.
The reservation system was doomed to be a disappointment from day one. Mass produced vehicle with numerous different trims/options was always going to be scheduled in a manner that made sense production wise, not by some arbitrary reservation system. Supply constraints and COVID then made that even more difficult. Tried telling folks this from the beginning and was chastised because Mike Levine said this was the way… look how well that panned out.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) How many are buying as daily drivers, and how many as toys? If it's a toy, then they will be stock market investors.

2) Recessions are not just rising interest rates. They are also rising qualification requirements. The Ford CFO already stated that they are seeing more loan defaults.

3) You underestimate the effect of rising rates from a low level. People are taking out six and seven year loans on cars at 3%. At 6% those go from crazy to absurdly crazy. So, you not only have a higher interest payment, but you have a higher principal payment with a shorter term.
False. Mine will not be a daily driver and I do not invest in stocks.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
False. Mine will not be a daily driver and I do not invest in stocks.
Same boat will not be my daily driver and, while I invest for retirement, I don't invest for any short-term supplemental income gains.

Sponsored

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But how many 2021 2 doors????
Why can't Ford post these numbers. I watch shows where they find out the exact number produced of not only body style, but trim package as well. I'd love to know how many 2021 Bronco's are out there that are spec'd out just like mine.

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, we have 125k converted orders early 2021 and (a guess) 200k of orders from reservations. So you have the walk up crowd like me who ordered in later Oct 2021. So there is about 250,000 of Bronco orders and approximately 175,000 built by end of model year. So 75,000 are going to next year? Did I decyphier all of the specultion correctly?
LOL
The only part missing is the '23 models coming up and the 10's of thousands of multiple builds that will be built way before day one reservation orders. It's all about the all mighty dollar. With inflation, Ford does not want to sell at original price so they will push us all into '23 and '24 models for more cash.
My wife told me to cancel and keep my truck. No way now. I just really want to see how long it takes to get it. I'm guessing late '23.
Good luck to all.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As the stock market decline accelerates, a lot of those orders will drop out.
Yeah. Gonna be hard to justify financing a toy at 10% interest.

Sponsored

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe 45K have been shipped and the rest on dirt mt
Ford shows an inventory of 15.3K Broncos. That's about what Dirt Mountain looks like to me.

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

tells me the dealer is guessing just to have something to tell to his customer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1FMEE5DP3NLA74686
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait until we see the production numbers in July after the factory is down for multiple weeks... I'd also like to know how many of the June "produced" broncos were units finally finished on Dirt/ Ice/ Dirt Mountain.
Well im sure that is why they stop because mine was sitting there for 6 months but its done now but now they are saying the windshield is not right so my 65000 dollar badlands bronco been sitting out there with a leaking windshield now waiting for it to get to me they are saying the 26 so after waiting 1 1/2 years i might get one

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well im sure that is why they stop because mine was sitting there for 6 months but its done now but now they are saying the windshield is not right so my 65000 dollar badlands bronco been sitting out there with a leaking windshield now waiting for it to get to me they are saying the 26 so after waiting 1 1/2 years i might get one
odds are the windshield is not leaking, if that makes you feel better.
Sponsored