Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got off with Ford Chat.
ā€œIn Production and has been produced!ā€
šŸ˜

I still do not get this, but whatever. The good news is that I am not showing a chip hold.

I was told my status will change to ā€œBuiltā€ when I am scheduled for transit. Another thing that makes no sense to me.

Ugh. Do I dare believe I am actually built?
Iā€™m going to call in a bit as well.

SOWEGA Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m going to call in a bit as well.
I'm trying to get on with Ford Chat- but am #34 in the que. Must be a lot of us looking for answers this morning. Pizza Tracker still has me in production, but today is the day my bronco should ship if they are going to meet the dealers EDD.

Majidsho

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it makes you all feel better my build week is1/10/22 and still shows in production on hold for chip! At some point in my life I was convinced to pay $20k markup to buy another one from dealer rather than wait but I couldnā€™t do it to myself and decided to wait! My ETA shows 5/4-5/10 since February and no change!!

SOWEGA Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it makes you all feel better my build week is1/10/22 and still shows in production on hold for chip! At some point in my life I was convinced to pay $20k markup to buy another one from dealer rather than wait but I couldnā€™t do it to myself and decided to wait! My ETA shows 5/4-5/10 since February and no change!!
What does your dealer Say? They removed my chip hold, but I've been in production Since 1/28 with no change.

Sponsored

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im in the same boat, still on chip hold since January, zero movementšŸ¤·šŸ» Looking at other things to buy at this pointā€¦.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem isnā€™t necessarily other component failures although, Iā€™m not ruling out there being more to the story here. The problem that this is a logistics issue as much as it is a faulty module/supply chain issue. Imagine trying to run a business and keeping skilled workers working so theyā€™re not off looking for other sources of income.

Now imagine 1000ā€™s of Broncos with bad chips lining up. Gotta put them somewhere so, they cart them off to the mountain so that the line can continue. If you stop the line, the workers go home and likely without pay.
At some point in this process, the parts supply went back to passing QA checks. So what do you doā€¦ start reallocating parts to built trucks on the mountain? Then what are you doing with a continued stockpile of incomplete trucks coming new off the line?

I sure donā€™t have the answers; if I did I should probably be running a billion dollar car manufacturing business but thereā€™s more at play. Iā€™m not giving Ford a pass here either. Thereā€™s likely a lot of creative solutions like, SLOW the line and have a better split of good parts between new and old builds.

One thing I know for sure- @Ford Motor Company has purposely been silent to those of us waiting with no answers. Itā€™s absolutely infuriating to be a loyal lifelong customer of a product youā€™ve always believed in to be treated so poorly. The level of care theyā€™ve shown us has been patronizing and I will never buy another Ford under this current leadership. Oh.. and now the Fed hiked interest rates. Nothing like getting fucked twice.

thanks for letting me rant.
I agree, but why not implement a FIFO method that keeps the line moving, but replaces the Broncos in the lots with the new ones coming off the line, so that these chips will be given to already built Broncos for customers that have been waiting and waiting. THAT would be the right thing to do. You can't tell me a company like @Ford Motor Company can't figure this out and salvage the completely shitty customer experience they've subjected reservation holders to.

SOWEGA Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im in the same boat, still on chip hold since January, zero movementšŸ¤·šŸ» Looking at other things to buy at this pointā€¦.
From Ford Chat... According to the system it shows Produced, Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI. Currently there is no ETA disposition. What does this Mean?

Scout3

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From Ford Chat... According to the system it shows Produced, Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI. Currently there is no ETA disposition. What does this Mean?
It means you are at the back of the line.

Sponsored

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Back of the line to be shipped? I'm guessing Produced means Built? Anyone know if that includes the quality checks Ford performs?
I donā€™t think ā€œproducedā€ necessarily means you are built. My dealer and Ford chat both tell me I am ā€œproducedā€ as well but still listed as a chip hold. Iā€™m still in production with no changes since January. Iā€™m about 2 weeks out from my EDD window so it definitely wonā€™t arrive by then if it hasnā€™t even shipped yet.

SOWEGA Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I donā€™t think ā€œproducedā€ necessarily means you are built. My dealer and Ford chat both tell me I am ā€œproducedā€ as well but still listed as a chip hold. Iā€™m still in production with no changes since January. Iā€™m about 2 weeks out from my EDD window so it definitely wonā€™t arrive by then if it hasnā€™t even shipped yet.
That sucks. They removed my "chip hold" but cant tell me anything else. I' m 2 weeks out as well. Hopefully we will both hear something soon. Maybe they will just magically shop up like me dealer is saying...

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ā€œProducedā€ means it missing components required to ship (could be chips, could be anything that prevents shipping it), most likely still sitting on the mountain. ā€œBuiltā€ means it is completed and ā€œreleasedā€ to be shipped to your dealer.
Sponsored