Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 MX-5 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Received this email tonight. Must be they’ve figured out a way to ship it from Michigan to Arizona within 48 hours. This company is the biggest joke 🙄.

FD899A1D-1C83-46B4-BE0A-EFAD7D0EA1A5.jpeg

akh2ogeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m right there with you. Since mine didn’t make the barge this week there is no way it can make it here by the end of the EDD window. We will see how long it sits on the ramp 1400 miles away.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Broncos out in the wild! This OBX had some better tires. Friday night, I parked my Bronco at a brewery next to some other bars and eateries, and saw three other Broncos in the same lot! Hope we all get our Broncos asap.
Ford Bronco đź›  01/24/22 Build Week Group 88926C54-AE19-4E6F-B44F-FA897030C44E

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey RD!

Sure - I originally wasn't sure if I was getting a sub or not so I wanted 6.5's that could produce decent mids and some lows. I don't know if you messed around with subwoofers in the 90s, but SAVARD used to make a decent sub cheap. They recently came back out and I got their 6.5 Rap v2's. I think they sound great. The front 4" speakers I replaced with Infinity Reference (4032cfx) because Amazon had them on sale for like half off at the time. There are some people who will say its better to match your speaker brands for various reasons, but they sound good to me so it is what it is.

I have this powered by a Kicker Key 200.4, mounted under the steering wheel on the metal plate thing. To wire it all up, I got a Hoel Wiring harness which costs about $90. I messaged him and asked if he could wire it up in Bi-Amped configuration because thats what I'd be using the kicker key for. I'm not doing anything with the rear 4" speakers so Bi-Amped works great for the front stage.

Installation was pretty easy. The most nerve racking part is popping all the plastics off because you don't want to break any tabs. Everything popped off fine though. I have the docs if you need them. After that, you pretty much just plug the harness in and put it all back together. Because I ran Bi-Amped though, I did have to run wires from the harness to the 4" speakers, super easy though. Once its all back together, just run the kicker key DSP setup thing, where you play pink noise and it configures everything for you. You don't really have to worry about bass blockers on the new wires because the Kicker Key EQs everything for you.

The only other thing is, this wasn't a loopback harness so I did run the power wire from the battery through the firewall. Some posts though, did talk about how their setup wasn't working right and the fix was to run power from the battery instead of the headunit, so I think its a better method anyways.

If you have any other questions/concerns just let me know. Like I said it was pretty straight forward, I actually ended up doing it TWICE because the first harness didn't work correct, but Hoel Wiring took care of it, shipping and everything and sent me a new harness. He has all the bugs ironed out now.
Hey Matty,

Got all the stuff and thinking about setting it all up this weekend. If you have those docs handy, could you share them? Also, in the docs is there detail on the power wire setup? Thanks again for your advice and help on this. Thanks!!

Sponsored

One Deplorable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Matty,

Got all the stuff and thinking about setting it all up this weekend. If you have those docs handy, could you share them? Also, in the docs is there detail on the power wire setup? Thanks again for your advice and help on this. Thanks!!
Yeah, I really have to upgrade the audio soon. These speakers are pitiful. I turn the volume down at stop lights. 🤣

MN_Yeti

Badlands
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Fusion, 08 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco đź›  01/24/22 Build Week Group 20220810_162954
Finally it's home. I know our wait wasn't as long as many at only 10 months, and I can definitely echo the cliche that it was all worth it. The guys up at Apple Valley Ford in MN gave me a great deal with no hassle. If you're still waiting, hang in there. It's nice to finally see some movement. Thanks to all the great folks on this forum that kept us going with all the fun pics and comiseration. Hope to see you all in the wild at the Bronco meets!

akh2ogeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco đź›  01/24/22 Build Week Group 20220810_162954
Finally it's home. I know our wait wasn't as long as many at only 10 months, and I can definitely echo the cliche that it was all worth it. The guys up at Apple Valley Ford in MN gave me a great deal with no hassle. If you're still waiting, hang in there. It's nice to finally see some movement. Thanks to all the great folks on this forum that kept us going with all the fun pics and comiseration. Hope to see you all in the wild at the Bronco meets!
Nice bronco! The garage isn’t too shabby either!!!

MN_Yeti

Badlands
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not affiliated with this youtuber or the company, but I think these storage bags seem pretty sweet. He shows them more at the end of the video. Not cheap but seem like they will be worth it. I ordered a couple.
(51) Top BRONCO accessories under $100 - Bartact Bronco Accessories - YouTube
I'm not affiliated with this youtuber or the company, but I think these storage bags seem pretty sweet. He shows them more at the end of the video. Not cheap but seem like they will be worth it. I ordered a couple.
(51) Top BRONCO accessories under $100 - Bartact Bronco Accessories - YouTube
The YouTube Algorithm knows me... this was the top video in my recommended area earlier today. Probably gonna snag those bags. They are pretty cool.

MN_Yeti

Badlands
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

MattyC

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey Matty,

No problem, ill message you them tomorrow. They basically show you what to take off and where the tabs are.

Do you have a manual? I think an automatic already has a grommet through the firewall... I have a manual and it was in a slightly different place, I can show you mine.

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No problem, ill message you them tomorrow. They basically show you what to take off and where the tabs are.

Do you have a manual? I think an automatic already has a grommet through the firewall... I have a manual and it was in a slightly different place, I can show you mine.
Awesome! And yes, I've got a manual as well. I saw a video about where it was, but yeah it was an automatic bronco.

cooooop_ks

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ford Raptor,17' Ford Mustang GT, 14' Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Received a built email July 28 after 6 months on dirt mountain. A couple of days later back on chip hold as my long awaited chip was bad, waiting for a replacement. Told 2-3 more weeks. Friday August 5, email saying shipped. August 10th, arrives at the dealer in Salina, KS. FINALLY! A little dirty, but not bad. Bird crap on the spare tire but other than that looks good. Long journey to say the least. Hope everyone in dirt mountain escapes soon.

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This brutal summer is finally winding down a little. It’s still hot, but it has been in the low 70s every morning this week so my soft top has been getting lots of exercise on the way to work!