Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well it looks like I might not be in the running for last in purgatory award. The tracker at shop.ford.com (I'm not sure what the colloquial term is tbh) finally updated to show Brawnto has shipped. (My 3 yo son effectively named it by mispronouncing Bronco)

By the way, the other tracker (that takes the reservation number) is still unchanged since I received my VIN on October 28…

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 9.18.25 PM.png
Well, CONGRATULATIONS on getting to leave the Purgatory Party!!
Sponsored

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer had a Maverick, 3 F-150's, and 2 Super Duties delivered yesterday. They have 44 cars at the rail yard waiting to be picked up and delivered. 8 of them are Broncos with only 1 being our 2 door.

Maybe today will be "Bronco" Day, as it seems yesterday was "truck" day.
I will say that the dealership is "chomping at the bit" to get the vehicles to the lot.
They are now telling customers 90 days on all new orders for any vehicle.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say that the dealership is "chomping at the bit" to get the vehicles to the lot.
They are now telling customers 90 days on all new orders for any vehicle.
I'll bet they are, lots around here are looking pretty slim and they have hundreds of thousands of dollars in inventory waiting at the rail yard, that must drive them nuts!!

I wonder why they don't own their own transport rig. Back in the 80's we owned a gas station and bought our own tanker to haul our gas so we wouldn't be at the mercy of the trucking companies. Every time we ran that truck it puts hundreds of $$$ in our pocket. You would think the local dealers would band together and do something similar.

The rail yard is only 90 miles from the dealer and they have 40 plus cars sitting there. They could clear the back log in a few days if they really wanted to.

I've seriously been considering quitting my job and using my GI bill to get my CDL! I'm ready for a change of scenery.

bobbib

Badlands
First Name
Bobbi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tracker just changed from 1/20 ETA to 2/4. Still has not changed to “built” status either. It seems there are a lot of us stuck in production on 1/6…

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll bet they are, lots around here are looking pretty slim and they have hundreds of thousands of dollars in inventory waiting at the rail yard, that must drive them nuts!!

I wonder why they don't own their own transport rig. Back in the 80's we owned a gas station and bought our own tanker to haul our gas so we wouldn't be at the mercy of the trucking companies. Every time we ran that truck it puts hundreds of $$$ in our pocket. You would think the local dealers would band together and do something similar.

The rail yard is only 90 miles from the dealer and they have 40 plus cars sitting there. They could clear the back log in a few days if they really wanted to.

I've seriously been considering quitting my jab and using my GI bill to get my CDL!
I asked those same questions to the Sales Manager.
He hinted that the railyards and adjacent holding lots are Federally operated and he has no influence there. Once they get released from that holding area they do have local transports that will get vehicles the same day, but so long as they are under Federal Holding, he cant touch them. I have to assume there are Unions involved, but I have no idea.

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Saw that thread too. It made me rethink the Oracle lights! I didn't like them in white, but I love them in amber. Also digging the fog inserts and lower grill lights... yeah... I may have to copy this setup. :love:
I'd like to see the Oracle lights in person, in all pictures it looks like the "wash out" the BRONCO if that makes sense.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked those same questions to the Sales Manager.
He hinted that the railyards and adjacent holding lots are Federally operated and he has no influence there. Once they get released from that holding area they do have local transports that will get vehicles the same day, but so long as they are under Federal Holding, he cant touch them. I have to assume there are Unions involved, but I have no idea.
That makes sense, once the government and unions are involved, nothing makes sense, LOL!!

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These are all good problems to have.. Garage? Ya.. we haven't been able to put a vehicle in the garage in over 20 years.
It amazes me the amount of crap that we have collected over 15 years. The biggest problem is me, I never put anything back, it lands the first place I can find when I am done using it. I know the Bronco will fit, I've had my Raptor in there with the door closed and was able to get in and out of the truck. Just got to rid myself of crap. The wife said she didn't feel comfortable backing it in or out. So I told her she could just park it and I'd put it in the stable each night and she would be able to drive straight out.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It amazes me the amount of crap that we have collected over 15 years. The biggest problem is me, I never put anything back, it lands the first place I can find when I am done using it. I know the Bronco will fit, I've had my Raptor in there with the door closed and was able to get in and out of the truck. Just got to rid myself of crap. The wife said she didn't feel comfortable backing it in or out. So I told her she could just park it and I'd put it in the stable each night and she would be able to drive straight out.
Ya. my problem is that it is both of us. I refuse to get rid of any car stuff, because I know I will need it someday. My wife uses it as a staging area of the never ending of flow from buy stuff, use stuff, buy more stuff, move old stuff to the bedroom, move older stuff to the garage, move even older stuff to one of the storage sheds. Then we had all 3 adult kids move back home when Covid happened now they don't want to move out.

I am currently living in a hostel for 20 somethings, and I am in low man on the totem pole. Just below the Cats and that is saying something.

Double Rods

Outer Banks
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tuesday Morning Update
Nothing to report.
Yesterday's False Alarm for ready to pick up was an experience.
I have made my peace with it and we should have real ready to go later this week.
There are so many things that could be worse, so I am not going to dwell on a single "oopsie".

Pizza Tracker still shows Shipped but no check box.
1643112477282.png

Backdoor Tracker still shows Shipped but not complete
1643112527922.png

PalsApp still says huh?
1643112611972.png

United still says huh?
1643112698756.png

My Sales Manager says , sorry about the false alarm, my fault.

My Salesman says , that was our fault, what are the odds of having 3 broncos waiting to arrive for the same last name?

Most importantly, my Wife says. I took off Tuesday morning, so I cant take off the rest of the week so we will have to pick it up this weekend.
Maybe they meant to call me?

28190A62-0DDF-4C5B-87A7-49E26B8971D9.jpeg

6E221C22-076C-4252-918D-DB76AC081E6C.jpeg

Sponsored

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reactions: Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

has anyone gotten the status "awaiting update"?
my bronco was finished being built on 1/11 and has been sitting at the plant. The estimated delivery was 1/16-1/22. Ford CS and my dealer have no info about why it hasn't moved or when it will.
there is no wind left in my sails.
Hey Shel...hang in there. There was another member who called CS and got the pending update in their shipping status. You are close.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reactions: Cat

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Shel...hang in there. There was another member who called CS and got the pending update in their shipping status. You are close.
I'm trying with all my might!

The CS rep said "I've never actually seen this before" which did not feel like a good sign lol
Sponsored