Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ordered “tube steps” out of the parts catalogue to use my dealer credit. They finally came in. I guess Ford has a different definition of the word step.
I like the looks of them, but they offer 0 utility and cannot be stepped on, even by a 45lb girl.
F3BBA509-3704-499C-8093-190C610C6EBF.jpeg
DD081F8D-67D3-4C00-98A9-639862333179.jpeg
Those look like the Rock Rails that came on my Black Diamond.
Sponsored

Dheritage

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordered “tube steps” out of the parts catalogue to use my dealer credit. They finally came in. I guess Ford has a different definition of the word step.
I like the looks of them, but they offer 0 utility and cannot be stepped on, even by a 45lb girl.
That’s the rock sliders not the tube steps. Look at an OBX they come factory with the tube step

Broski5738

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Those look like the Rock Rails that came on my Black Diamond.
So you think they ordered the wrong part and just said “nah, these are your steps”, or were the rock rails unfortunately baked tuned steps in the catalogue

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A few updates regarding the IAG soft top EZ lift assist that I wanted to share after taking the Bronco offroad yesterday.

The soft top or soft top assembly is noisier now than before I installed the EZ lift and makes a loud squeaking noise - this only happens when driving on a bumpy, rough road, not normal highway driving. I was not able to re-create the noise when manually pushing/ pulling on the IAG struts or the metal soft top conponents, so it might be there is less flex in the soft top mechanism with the struts installed, so there is additional vibration or rubbing from the soft top itself.

It is noisy enough that I did not notice that the rear of the soft top became unlatched and the EZ lift worked as it should and lifted the rear part of the soft top. The person driving behind me said I was driving with the back up for about 15 minutes. I know it was latched correctly because prior to that section I was showing others how the EZ lift assist worked and I pulled down on the back to make sure it latched correctly. This isn't an issue with the EZ lift, more of an issue with the latching mechanism on the soft top. I remember looking in the rear view mirror and thinking "wow, I was expecting the rear window to be way dustier than it is". It was because the rear had been lifted and I was looking under the soft top. 🤣

Also, another Bronco owner who had the EZ lift installed and drove the with the top all the way back noticed that the EZ lift struts rubbed against the roll bar and scraped the paint off similar to the OP's issue in this thread here. He did have the straps wrapped around the soft top, but it still moves with the straps and therefore rubbed against the D pillar. The area that is scraped is under the area that the IAG roll bar PPF covers, so I am planning on adding a piece of PPF to the bottom of the D pillar. Again, this happened after driving on rough roads for a few hours so may not be an issue under normal driving conditions.

I am not trying to bash the company if it seems that way, just wanted you all to know my observations since some of you have purchased this product. I am going to leave my lift assists connected and just take precautions to avoid potential scrapes. I will also check more carefully if the latching mechanism on my soft top is loose or can be adjusted to prevent it from opening automatically.
I had to take mine off, the noise from installing it just got progressively worse. Smaller bumps started causing the noise, even. The noise disappeared after taking it off.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you think they ordered the wrong part and just said “nah, these are your steps”, or were the rock rails unfortunately baked tuned steps in the catalogue
I believe they ordered you the wrong thing.

Sponsored

stevensantee

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco obx 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had to take mine off, the noise from installing it just got progressively worse. Smaller bumps started causing the noise, even. The noise disappeared after taking it off.
Ohh I was hearing some slight squeaking too but I didn’t know if it was my trunk enclosure. Hmm. I don’t like the things I’m reading about it scratching paint off the roll bars in the other thread though so mine might be coming off. I haven’t put the top all the way down yet though.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Cat & @Alvin Olson on your M and R fog lights, where did you attach the grounds?
I used a nearby bolt that was on the back of the bumper. I dont want any wires visible. Altho, if one looks in thru the fender wheel well, you will see the wires. But, at least not from the front view, if ya know what I mean.

Last edited:

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rock rails??

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, I switched out my interior LED lights for some Govee rock lights.....since they have the ability to change color (I wanted to be able to do red or white or anything).....got them all wired up...they are nice....made of solid steel casing....just have to figure out mounting them securely....don't think double-sided tape is gonna hold them up like the lights I had on there.
"GOT PICs" of this concept?

Nikki-BDSQ22

Black Diamond
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thoughts are they ordered you the wrong part.
Zoom in and look at the rock sliders on mine, they look just the same.
Ford Bronco đź›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 20220220_161329

I would take them back and tell them they ordered the wrong part.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Alvin...thank you for your service, Mr. Olson! God Bless Our Troops and America.
@Cat . Just doing my part. I didn't serve, but I serve those that did. Thanks..

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"GOT PICs" of this concept?

Yea, I'll snap a few of the preliminary ones. Hoping to get a good mount today. Will definitely have to forgo my "no screw no hole" method, but I'm not as concerned as I used to be about it.
Sponsored