Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm wondering if I should get the hood deflector...I don't love the look but I already got 2 chips in my windshield and pretty sure I caught one on the front pillar.

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, Theresa and I are back from the Off-Roadeo outside of Austin, Texas and all I can say is...WOW! Ford really did a nice job with this event. The location was awesome, the Trail Guides were outstanding, and the Broncos?, well let's just say that I was quite impressed with them. They handled every trail and obstacle with an ease that I am still amazed by. Nothing would stop, or even faze them. Call the technology cheating, and I guess for purists it is, but the stuff just WORKED. Every switch has a purpose, and after it was thoroughly explained to us, we all got to try it out and experience the magic first hand. For a stock vehicle, these things are the real deal. I have way more confidence in my Bronco's capabilities after this weekend, and I can't wait to put some of this stuff to use out on the trails.

Now, a little more info about the Off-Roadeo.

You arrive at "Base Camp" and sign in. Once everyone is there, the Guides introduce themselves and then ask the participants to introduce themselves. Then, we head to the Sluice Box and Ground School where the Guides explain the off road capabilities of the Bronco. Now, I'm a gear-head and will say that they gave a very thorough description that was easy for a novice to follow along with.

Then, we moved on to the ORX Course, where we took turns driving a Bronco through stations that demonstrated each of the capabilities discussed at the Sluice Box. This was fun, and clearly showed how each of the described technologies would help you out on the trail. The first thing we learned was the proper way to set the parking brake. I hate these electric parking brakes with a passion. But now that I know how to use them, I guess that I better understand them. The procedure is this: start with the vehicle stopped in Drive (or Reverse, I guess), and set the e-brake. Now, shift to Neutral and take your foot off the service brake. This lets the vehicle "settle", and takes the strain off of the drivetrain. Now, shift to Park. You don't need to step on the service brake to do this, but you can. This procedure does really take the strain off of the drivetrain compared to just shifting the vehicle into Park, which sometimes creates an unnerving grinding noise. I now think that following this procedure will help to protect things, so I am onboard.

Next, we gathered to pick out the actual Broncos that we wanted to drive. There were a mix of Badlands and Outer Banks, and as far as I could tell, they were all Sasquatch equipped. There was also a mix of 2 and 4 door models with hard and soft top versions of each. They had about every color offered (that Cyber Orange is HOT!!), and they were all under 500 miles on the clock. Once we were all settled, we got underway exploring some of the many trails on the property. The guides were always there to keep an eye on things, and to help the drivers up and over any obstacles. This ride lasted a little over an hour, then we broke for a nice catered lunch.

After lunch, we were back on the trails for another 2+ hours. This time, the obstacles and trails were a bit more technical, but the guides kind of left us on our own to decide how to set the Bronco up for the situation, and merely guided us up and over (or down) the given challenge. This is where I was really impressed with the Bronco's capabilities. They gave the novice driver the confidence to be able to tackle things that they probably wouldn't have attempted out in the wild. Even Theresa, who is not one to seek thrills, drove down a very steep and rocky incline using the "Hill Control" feature, laughing as she drove. I was quite proud of her!

We next went to the "high speed" course, which was lots of fun to blast around! I would have been happy to spend the day there in 2WD, just drifting the Bronco around the course, but honestly, I can do that at home. Everyone had a blast here too. Lastly, we finished up at another course called the "5 Smile Loop", where one of the Guides (Amy "Ace" Cloud) rocketed us around a tight course which had us all grinning ear-to-ear for the whole ride and then some. After this, we had a quick trail ride back to Base Camp for a catered BBQ dinner and some great conversation. Of course there was plenty of Bronco gear for purchase too! Personally, I would skip paying for the photo package though. Our personal pics were way better, but I do have a cool screen saver photo now...

So, in closing, if you have a chance to do the Off-Roadeo, I would highly recommend going. Theresa and I made the trip to also scout out the lay of the land in this section of Texas and we really enjoyed ourselves for four days. The Off-Roadeo is very well though out, and is staffed by some great folks. We both had a great day, and I can tell you that I know Theresa was not exactly looking forward to it before hand. Her smile at the end of the day said it all though. Happy trails everyone!!

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group IMG_1731.JPG
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group IMG_1725.JPG
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group IMG_1653.JPG

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like things have passed through quickly and no issues.
A few folks had some blow down fences is all we can see.

All is good.. thanks guys.
Glad that you are okay Alvin! We flew out of Austin last evening (5:30) just ahead of that storm. Our pilot pushed everyone to get on quickly so we could take off. A bit bumpy on the climb, but I actually enjoy that for some reason.

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just seen this on Twitter, the comments say it was a 16 yr old kid driving. I bet he had to changes his underwear when he got home.
That video will save that kid's bacon when he gets home, because his father would never have believed his story! :LOL:

Sponsored

Dheritage

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, Theresa and I are back from the Off-Roadeo outside of Austin, Texas and all I can say is...WOW! Ford really did a nice job with this event. The location was awesome, the Trail Guides were outstanding, and the Broncos?, well let's just say that I was quite impressed with them. They handled every trail and obstacle with an ease that I am still amazed by. Nothing would stop, or even faze them. Call the technology cheating, and I guess for purists it is, but the stuff just WORKED. Every switch has a purpose, and after it was thoroughly explained to us, we all got to try it out and experience the magic first hand. For a stock vehicle, these things are the real deal. I have way more confidence in my Bronco's capabilities after this weekend, and I can't wait to put some of this stuff to use out on the trails.

You arrive at "Base Camp" and sign in. Once everyone is there, the Guides introduce themselves and then ask the participants to introduce themselves. Then, we head to the Sluice Box and Ground School where the Guides explain the off road capabilities of the Bronco. Now, I'm a gear-head and will say that they gave a very thorough description that was easy for a novice to follow along with.

Then, we moved on to the ORX Course, where we took turns driving a Bronco through stations that demonstrated each of the capabilities discussed at the Sluice Box. This was fun, and clearly showed how each of the described technologies would help you out on the trail. The first thing we learned was the proper way to set the parking brake. I hate these electric parking brakes with a passion. But now that I know how to use them, I guess that I better understand them. The procedure is this: start with the vehicle stopped in Drive (or Reverse, I guess), and set the e-brake. Now, shift to Neutral and take your foot off the service brake. This lets the vehicle "settle", and takes the strain off of the drivetrain. Now, shift to Park. You don't need to step on the service brake to do this, but you can. This procedure does really take the strain off of the drivetrain compared to just shifting the vehicle into Park, which sometimes creates an unnerving grinding noise. I now think that following this procedure will help to protect things, so I am onboard.

Next, we gathered to pick out the actual Broncos that we wanted to drive. There were a mix of Badlands and Outer Banks, and as far as I could tell, they were all Sasquatch equipped. There was also a mix of 2 and 4 door models with hard and soft top versions of each. They had about every color offered (that Cyber Orange is HOT!!), and they were all under 500 miles on the clock. Once we were all settled, we got underway exploring some of the many trails on the property. The guides were always there to keep an eye on things, and to help the drivers up and over any obstacles. This ride lasted a little over an hour, then we broke for a nice catered lunch.

After lunch, we were back on the trails for another 2+ hours. This time, the obstacles and trails were a bit more technical, but the guides kind of left us on our own to decide how to set the Bronco up for the situation, and merely guided us up and over (or down) the given challenge. This is where I was really impressed with the Bronco's capabilities. They gave the novice driver the confidence to be able to tackle things that they probably wouldn't have attempted out in the wild. Even Theresa, who is not one to seek thrills, drove down a very steep and rocky incline using the "Hill Control" feature, laughing as she drove. I was quite proud of her!

We next went to the "high speed" course, which was lots of fun to blast around! I would have been happy to spend the day there in 2WD, just drifting the Bronco around the course, but honestly, I can do that at home. Everyone had a blast here too. Lastly, we finished up at another course called the "5 Smile Loop", where one of the Guides (Amy "Ace" Cloud) rocketed us around a tight course which had us all grinning ear-to-ear for the whole ride and then some. After this, we had a quick trail ride back to Base Camp for a catered BBQ dinner and some great conversation. Of course there was plenty of Bronco gear for purchase too! Personally, I would skip paying for the photo package though. Our personal pics were way better, but I do have a cool screen saver photo now...

So, in closing, if you have a chance to do the Off-Roadeo, I would highly recommend going. Theresa and I made the trip to also scout out the lay of the land in this section of Texas and we really enjoyed ourselves for four days. The Off-Roadeo is very well though out, and is staffed by some great folks. We both had a great day, and I can tell you that I know Theresa was not exactly looking forward to it before hand. Her smile at the end of the day said it all though. Happy trails everyone!!

Who were your guides? I had Paul and Jess. It was such an amazing weekend.

Reactions: Cat

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who were your guides? I had Paul and Jess. It was such an amazing weekend.
We had Amy and the Colonel. Our were great too. We were there on Friday the 18th. When were you there?

Reactions: Cat

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love your report.
This is really a must attend in my opinion.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my powder coated beauty rings back. We also had the front tow rings paint matched. I think things out awesome. Cost for powder coat materials was $70. Labor was $ 220.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group E1F233CB-0CB7-4A23-A264-FB3E2D62E64B

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 60E1E38C-4EE0-4164-9448-F7AEF5121467

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 4891BD45-2093-43DD-AB73-035780DC995C

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 0D9C97B5-2EBD-44A4-888A-06655FFEF8F2

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group A682627D-09C4-43C4-9D01-39EC3D61C451

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered โ€œtube stepsโ€ out of the parts catalogue to use my dealer credit. They finally came in. I guess Ford has a different definition of the word step.
I like the looks of them, but they offer 0 utility and cannot be stepped on, even by a 45lb girl.
I know everyone has said it by now, but yeah they gave you the rock rails. You can get the steps that clip to them if you want to spend more $$ or have them exchange them out for the right ones.

So a little 2 months into ownership I just figured out where the HVAC off button was.
It took me a couple days to find it. At first I was like WHY DOES IT ONLY GO DOWN TO ONE for the fan. Tonight my husband asked me too โ€œhow the hell do you Turn the HVAC off?!โ€
Yes it is
Lights look great! Definitely too dark in there at night. Eventually I might want to put something in there like that too. Especially having kiddos and not being able to see anything.

Wes, did you use that "paint prep pad"? I tried it on an inconspicuous area, and it looked like it dissolved the paint. Everything looked okay after I cleaned it up, but there was no way that I was using that stuff on my hood! I just cleaned it very well, then used the alcohol pad, and it is sticking on there just fine.
I really hope not. I used the paint prep pad and then alcohol pad when I installed my trail armor. It didnt leave any residue or appear to alter paint at all but thats still sketchy.

I'm wondering if I should get the hood deflector...I don't love the look but I already got 2 chips in my windshield and pretty sure I caught one on the front pillar.
Do these really help? I cant stand the look - it looks like a uni-browโ€ฆ but its tempting if it actually deflefts all the bugs and Rocks, etc. Ive been calling the Bronc the bug catcher.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 05A7A2D6-F525-48C8-A76D-5680E61693D6

Mine & my hubs car when we went out for ice cream the other night. If I already posted here then ignore. I couldn't remember.

Sanner

Wildtrak
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got my powder coated beauty rings back. We also had the front tow rings paint matched. I think things out awesome. Cost for powder coat materials was $70. Labor was $ 220.

Wicked cool! I feel like you need a 1/4โ€ cyber orange stripe on the leading edge/bottom of the running board to tie it all togetherโ€ฆ even without looks awesome!!!

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wicked cool! I feel like you need a 1/4โ€ cyber orange stripe on the leading edge/bottom of the running board to tie it all togetherโ€ฆ even without looks awesome!!!
Hmm. I like that idea.
thanks

Cszmom

Base
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those came out awesome!
Sponsored