Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 4runner, couple of old Datsuns
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

love this setup. pics of fish?
Thanks. I donā€™t think we took any pictures of the fish, didnā€™t catch anything special. Just some whiting and blue. But I did double up on blue once, that was cool.
Sponsored

Dheritage

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. I donā€™t think we took any pictures of the fish, didnā€™t catch anything special. Just some whiting and blue. But I did double up on blue once, that was cool.
Blues are nasty little bastards

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are the touchless ones cool for soft tops? I have a decent auto detailed near me but trying to find the medium between garden hose and $80 wash jobs
Have you looked into foam guns + garden hose or the pricier foam cannons + pressure washer? I'm probably going w/ the former, esp since the issue is the correct pH neutral soap post ceramic coating.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did my first post ceramic wash yesterday

bought a cannon foamer

worked great
What kind of pressure washer are you using? Our ceramic guy did the first post wash free 2 weeks after coating; we're doing baby's first home wash next week.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a cheap one from Amazonā€¦ but one discovery I realized is what soap you use makes all the difference. I switched from a few different kinds to chemical guys designed for this use and wowā€¦ what a difference it made!
What pressure washer & cannon are you using? That Chemical Guys pink super foamer is supposed to be good and pH neutral for ceramics.

Sponsored

Sanner

Wildtrak
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What pressure washer & cannon are you using? That Chemical Guys pink super foamer is supposed to be good and pH neutral for ceramics.
Ford Bronco šŸ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group A2EE8868-70D7-4016-B6BF-6F5A3DB9EB36

Ford Bronco šŸ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group B5ACFB7C-B197-45AA-8828-EAB03FF9FCED

products Iā€™m usingā€¦ with a general gas powered pressure washer from Home Depot

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve washed it twice now, each time the same process. Two buckets with a couple different types of hand washing mitts, a garden hose, foam cannon, and Mr. Pink soap. Cannon and soap are chemical guys.

I also have their soft top wash and seal kit but havenā€™t had a chance to put it on yet. And most recently, I picked up their water spot removal kit because of an errant sprinkler beside where I parked for an event a couple weeks ago ā€“ literally the day of its second washing šŸ™ƒ

Iā€™ve been off-road multiple times but no open desert running or mud baths and the soft top looks really good with a standard washing sponge šŸ§½ and a thorough rinsing using the garden hose.

Iā€™m too cheap/poor for PPF or ceramic and anticipate damage from using it ā€“ so long as the damage is taken off-road, Iā€™d cry like a baby if I came out to a parking lot surprise.

Last edited:

stevensantee

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco obx 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So just in case anyone is wondering the weathertech front flaps do fit an OuterBanks with the running board. However I think the reason it says it is incompatible with non Sasquatch broncos is that you need to remove the crash bar to fit it in. If I am not mistaken the Sasquatch broncos do not have that crash bar due to the size of the tire. But after removing that it was really just removing 4 clips and installing the flaps.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are the touchless ones cool for soft tops? I have a decent auto detailed near me but trying to find the medium between garden hose and $80 wash jobs
A truly touchless one should be fine. I have one that I have used several times now, and they do a good job. No leaks observed on the inside. Just look everything over inside after the wash to see if you have any leaks, and make sure all of the seals are tight on the soft top.

Sponsored

KReich64

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I read somewhere you shouldn't have their detergent on the softtop, but I can't find where I read it
Regularly applying a good canvas sealer/protector will negate this concern. Itā€™s a good idea on a soft top whether you use a car wash or not.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely much better. I think the small brass touch-up pen will be easier for me. I could probably get it much closer to 100% but could ran out or the base coat or it quit coming out at the end of day one. This was using paint thinner on the tips between applications and thoroughly drying.

I have not tried but the duplicolor or a nail polish brush with paintscratch kit but think that would be easier on chips.

From a distance it certainly looks much improved and I still have really polished with anything besides cutting crĆØme.

It is a lot of work and looks ok, but if you have several chips you want to repair I donā€™t know that this is the method youā€™d want to use.

Ford Bronco šŸ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 36922462-8EE4-4716-8A1C-2D559EACD1BE

Ford Bronco šŸ›  1/3/22 Build Week Group 9DD42C73-B391-4E36-9E9D-4882F4F401E4

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cat