djh1202

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Twin
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my bronco was delivered to my dealership last wednesday. Since then i've been repeatedly calling them asking when I can pick it up, and they've been saying it's waiting to get inspected, blah, blah, blah.

Today, finally, nearly a week later, they've gotten around to inspecting it, and they called to tell me "we can't get it out of park." WTF? Has anybody else heard of this issue? I can't tell if it's a screwup at the factory or just my idiotic dealership, but now I'm concerned...

Any advice??
Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So my bronco was delivered to my dealership last wednesday. Since then i've been repeatedly calling them asking when I can pick it up, and they've been saying it's waiting to get inspected, blah, blah, blah.

Today, finally, nearly a week later, they've gotten around to inspecting it, and they called to tell me "we can't get it out of park." WTF? Has anybody else heard of this issue? I can't tell if it's a screwup at the factory or just my idiotic dealership, but now I'm concerned...

Any advice??
That sucks. I also had to wait nearly a week from delivery to the dealer to taking it home, but no I've not heard of this issue. Either there's operator error and they can't manage to get the gear lever into any gear, or there's something wrong with it, but more than likely it drove off the final truck to the lot, so I'm not sure that it's mechanical.

dfever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Volvo V70
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just talked to my dealer and they told me my car which WAS listed as built (with no part holds) and now somehow is on a microchip hold with an estimated date that the car will be fully produced...not even shopped, of May 14th....

reservation holders -- is there anyone else in this group on a Microchip hold?

As happy as I am for the people who already got their cars, I am getting really frustrated that those who have been waiting for almost 2 years are NOT being prioritized for chips.
This is exactly what happened to me (visiting from the 3/21 build group). Was marked as "produced," last week, now am on microchip hold. Though I'm not an early reservation holder.

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sorry to hear that we are in the same boat :( Totally agree!

My status was same as yours actually before the recent update that I am on a 'microchip hold'.... I called my dealer as well and they said there is nothing they can do but encouraged me to call Ford and to see if I can escalate the issue. My priority code is 19 which the dealer said is the highest priority code they can give so they said there is no reason why my car should have been pushed again. Wish me luck :)
Priority 19 is actually the lowest priority the dealer assigns to custom orders. 10 is best, 19 is worst, and 99 is do not build.

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right their with you! I tried to see if my dealer would give me credit for the stock tires and I could choose more aggressive ones that rolled into my financing, but they won't. Bummer! So, guess I will also be waiting because I can't justify the cost. We are currently building a cabin, so have to pick and choose!
I'm surprised they wouldn't work with you on that. Mine only gave me $50 a tire, but I have a base, so those little tires weren't gonna sell for more than that anyway. And then we rolled the new cars into the selling price.

Sponsored

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My bronco has been sitting at the dealership for 6 days waiting on "dealership inspection." Has anybody else had to deal with this?
Sounds like code for, we are driving your Bronco for a few days

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been told that I have no holds and I'm completely built, but it has not shipped so not 100% sure. I have consistently been told that its just waiting on Convoy and I do like my dealership, but they aren't very helpful. I agree, that it totally sucks. There is no reason people built after ours should be getting chips and also shipped before a previously build week. They need to have a better logistics manager in there!
I might have some insight for you. For context, I work for Hoffman Ford in Harrisburg, PA (Not too far from you), and we have a bunch of Broncos "Awaiting Shipment" that are 100% built according to my contacts at Ford. I have had a few conversations with the shipping company as well, and they informed me that our Broncos are marked as "Awaiting Shipment, Rush Sold" which is nothing out of the ordinary, but Ford has our units in a holding lot offsite that the car carrier does not have access to. The shipping company is waiting for an update from Ford that will tell them when the units will be shuttled back to a lot that they have access to. My contact at Ford confirmed this information. If I had to guess, your Bronco is probably facing a similar fate to our units.

JAB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still at the railyard, the dealer is telling me maybe today or tomorrow. Come on man...

Shenk1007

Big Bend
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm surprised they wouldn't work with you on that. Mine only gave me $50 a tire, but I have a base, so those little tires weren't gonna sell for more than that anyway. And then we rolled the new cars into the selling price.
That is what I was hoping for!

Shenk1007

Big Bend
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I might have some insight for you. For context, I work for Hoffman Ford in Harrisburg, PA (Not too far from you), and we have a bunch of Broncos "Awaiting Shipment" that are 100% built according to my contacts at Ford. I have had a few conversations with the shipping company as well, and they informed me that our Broncos are marked as "Awaiting Shipment, Rush Sold" which is nothing out of the ordinary, but Ford has our units in a holding lot offsite that the car carrier does not have access to. The shipping company is waiting for an update from Ford that will tell them when the units will be shuttled back to a lot that they have access to. My contact at Ford confirmed this information. If I had to guess, your Bronco is probably facing a similar fate to our units.
Thanks for that info! Seems like that is probably my situation. I confirmed again with Ford Chat yesterday that there are absolutely no holds and just waiting for Convoy.

We definitely aren't far! I'm actually in Mount Joy, so just a hop, skip and a jump to Harrisburg! Good luck and hopefully we will see some Bronco movement soon!

Sponsored

N7Luna

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco was finally delivered to dealership after 12 days waiting in Richmond, CA rail yard.

Salesman says it will be ready tomorrow.

So close…

hali.crow

Outer Banks
First Name
Hali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got the dreaded news that mine has been delayed till May the 3rd through the 9th. Whomp whomp whomp....

It is listed as "Delay, non normal event" which means
that the vehicle is impacted by weather, holiday or other unusual event.

Latchquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 LR D90, '20 Lincoln Continental, '22 Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco was finally delivered to dealership after 12 days waiting in Richmond, CA rail yard.

Salesman says it will be ready tomorrow.

So close…
Congrats!! I am 13 days stuck in Portland waiting on a truck. Delivery date bumped from 4/23-29 to 4/26-5/2 today. Grrrr...I am vying for the last delivery date in our build group!!